Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8174 results found

1. Add Relay Trigger action for Folder Metadata

Currently you can trigger on the metadata values for a file. Can we add the same trigger for a metadata change on a folder?

Situation: Parent folder metadata change should cause an action that affects all children. i.e. move the folder and all children to another location.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Box Notes inbox

I use Boxnote all day long for meeting notes, agenda, drafting documents asynchronously, etc. It's great. However, I would love to see a more streamlined inbox format so I can find relevant boxnotes more easily. I can only see 5 boxnotes listed before I have to start scrolling down the page because there are three lines of text: the file name, when it was updated, and what folder it's in. All I need is the name. If the other lines and the extra blank space were to be removed, I'd be able to see many more listed. I'd like to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Default Collaboration Role, Allow all Seven options at Admin level that are available to users

Please allow the ability to set Default Collaboration Role in Admin console to any of the seven options that are currently available at the user level.

Currently the only options are Editor or Viewer. Thats not enough flexibility for Box Admins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable different folders to sync on different PC's

I want to sync a different subset on folders on a different PC. It appears that is not possible. You can only select one set for syncing... and that's it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sync  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to be able to find files containing specific text that DO NOT have a specified metadata template applied

I want to be able to find files containing specific text that DO NOT have a specified metadata template applied. This will help with implementing Box Governance Classification, and support compliance/audits going forward.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to name or add descriptions to the different versions of a file

I have some documents with hundreds of versions. Right now, though, the only versions I would ever refer to are those uploaded in the past few weeks, when I remember the changes made and have context for why the file was updated. Looking back on new versions a year ago, I have no way of knowing what changes were made, what versions were major changes and what were marginal. The ability to preview prior versions is nice, but without the ability to review changes to the text, I would spend hours trying to understand what was different about a prior…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. change font style

It would be great if we could have more text customization options. Especially changing fonts. Font style can alter your workflow, it's really important for me, and i think that for others as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Admin Console Report - Only specific admin can retrieve the logs of specific users 

Currently, Admin is able to retrieve the log of all managed users from admin console > Report. However customer would like to make it possible for only specific administrators to retrieve report information for specific users due to GDPR. Therefor customer wants only local admin in EU to be able to get the logs of users in that country.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic notification of an added sub-folder

I would like to be notified when a new sub-folder is added to an existing folder. It would be helpful if this could be set and be automatic as opposed to requiring a person to tell me. It seems a basic idea for BOX and was surprised it did not exist. Am requesting per this page.
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360049712573-Can-a-notification-be-sent-to-collaborators-when-a-new-file-is-uploaded-

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improvement plans about privacy settings of folders

Are there any improvement plans below?

BoxNote is not available when a folder is set privacy - "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" - active.

OfficeOnline is not available when you set folder privacy - "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" - active.

I often want to refer to Boxnote and MS Office documents for the purpose of reference much data and information with our business partners.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sync alias/shortcut files on Box Drive

Box Drive currently does not support syncing alias files (I think these are called shortcuts on Windows machine), which is a basic file organization tool. Alternatively, expose the favorites from the box web app on box drive. At present, it's impossible to organize a list of your truly active files while working solely within Box Drive. Seems like making these file types available for syncing would be a simple solution to implement.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap. We will place this in our backlog as we continue evaluating ideas to improve Box Drive.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

13. Box Relay variable support

Could we have a variable for approvers Instead of harcoding them to a relay?

For example, if a document contained a metadata field for approver and it was populated with a user, could we use that metadata as a variable for the approval step of the relay workflow?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow enter date for tasks within a workflow

Today the initiator of the workflow can enter recipients for a task outcome, but cannot specify date. This is very limiting in case the tasks should be completed by a certain date that can only be known by the initiator.
    I have a use case for a highly valuable workflow, but because of this missing capability it cannot be implemented.
    I believe that adding this capability make a lot of sense and would make the use of tasks in workflows much more powerful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Box UI Content Explorer and Content Picker: Support Download ZIP Natively through top-level Element options

Box's REST API now supports ZIP downloads via the external API in addition to the internal managed web app. It has been a common ask to provide native support for this endpoint in the Box UI Elements - Content Explorer & Content Picker UI Elements through exposing the feature as a top-level option/property when rendering the UI Elements.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically classify content based off uploader

Automatically classify content based off uploader of document. Use case: anything a legal team member uploads should automatically be classified as confidential

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Governance, Retention policy for folders with no content

hen a retention policy removes files, it's possible to end up in a situation where there is a very long list of folders without any files. It would be helpful if there was a way to remove these folders quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Governance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Count previewing large Video files as "preview" in User Statistics Report

Count previewing large Video files as "preview" in User Statistics Report.

Sometimes previewing large Video files is not counted as "preview" in User Statistics Report.

It should be counted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. File Request Email Validation

Provide the ability to have the email address provided in a File Request form to be validated either generically to make sure the email is a real address or to require them to authenticate themselves. This is critical for organizations that have strict security and compliance requirements and can't accept the risk of someone getting a hold of the File Request link and uploading malicious content or inundate their folders with nonsense files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I suggest customers look into Shield, a newer Box offering that provides malware detection. If turned on, it scans all content uploaded to Box including the ones from file requests (as well as any file when it's active - e.g., on preview, share, edit, copy, etc. events)

20. Need to be able to run user activity report for Box users that were deleted

Need to be able to run reports for user activity for user account that have been deleted. Once a user is deleted I can't run any historical user activity in case there is any request for that information.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base