Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8735 results found

1. Increase iWork integration 1GB limit

The limitation of the iWork integration supporting files up to 1 GB in size is a blocker for customers working on larger files. Increasing this limit would be very helpful to keep collaboration in Box.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently the Adobe Sign integration with Box produces multiple files for each stage of the sign process instead of saving 1 single file

Currently the Adobe Sign integration produces multiple files for each stage of the sign process (e.g. sent, in-progress, complete). It would be great if those files could be versions of a single file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Box Drive Apple Finder notification and not just small amber sign for sync failure.

Users are regularly experiencing issues with multiple file not syncing (incorrect naming or spaces etc) but the only notification to them is a small amber sign on the files syncing which they miss. Please can we have a larger warning in Apples notifications or Finder window similar to a local server error?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expand custom URL character limit for accessibility

Please expand the maximum character limit for custom file URLs so that we can add sufficient context to these URLs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prepare documents for signature within the embedded signing experience

My prospect is a software company for freight, shipping & analytics looking to revamp their doc management and eSign process. They have a high volume of docs, like rate confirmations letters, that need to be sent from brokers to carriers for signature. We have run into a technical gap that Box Platform + Box Sign do not have an API for doc prep in an iFrame. Doc Prep URL as it stands today cannot be embedded. Prospect does not want brokers to go outside of portal to a Box URL window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box for Slack integration does not trigger a notification for uploads

Box for Slack integration currently does not notify when files are uploaded to a folder. Please add this functionality to allow users to be notified whenever a file is uploaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate from the quick access menu

I would like to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate from the quick access menu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Password reset is so laborioius

You need to vastly improve the password reset experience. It takes me several minutes to set up a new password and I have to do this on multiple computers. For one thing, DON'T expire passwords. It doesn't improve security at all. Second, if you have to expire them, send me a warning a few days ahead of time. Don't just shut down my Box drive app. Third, I should be able to log in with my old PW and just reset there, maybe with a 2nd factor authentication, like a text message. Finally, the PW rules are too narrow. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make MPIP and Shield Classification Labels Bidirectional

This make require partnership with Microsoft, but it would be ideal if the MPIP integration was bidirectional. For example, if a file in Box doesn't have an MPIP label, but a Shield classification label is applied, the document would have an MPIP label applied based on the mapping table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User Interface Experience in Reporting.

1. When generating a report through Admin Console, you have to manually search for the folder list and often get too many queries and takes too long. It would be a better experience to be prompted with the root directory that you can just drill down to which folder you want to report on in addition to the search functionality.
    2. When creating a scheduled report, the interface is a bit confusing because you have to hit Schedule Report, then hit schedule again, this should be a once step process and is confusing to most users, additionally the schedule button have a…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Relay Manual Start Trigger in Embed Widget

You can not run a relay Manual Start triggered workflow from the embed widget. Since this widget is also used by Salesforce Managed Package integration, this affects that. Crowdstrike has a pretty simple workflow that they want to do from within the embed client using the manual start trigger, but can't because it's not exposed there. They can start it directly in Box, but that's not desirable as it takes them out of the context of Salesforce.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Changing Microsoft label (Sensitivity) in Office after enabling Co-Authoring

After we enabled Co-Authoring, we are not able to change the Microsoft label (Sensitivity) when we open the document e.g. in Word because it is greyed out in Office and Box takes it from the Office file. It would be great if the possibility of changing the Microsoft label (Sensitivity) was enabled.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. file request with BVE

Currently we are using BVE and have a firewall setting to block the normal app.box.com.
    When our group/subsidiary companies try to upload a file through file request, since the link URL is https://upload.app.box.com, they cannot upload a file via file request.
    It would be great if we can make a file request link that is BVE so the URL is https://upload.ent.box.com.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Preventing images pasted in Box Notes from becoming individual files

When I paste an image into Box Notes, the image is created as a separate file from the Note and the public range is controlled by a shared link.
    If I want to set a publication range other than the default setting, I have to change the publication range on a file-by-file basis.
    Therefore, we request the improvement of the functionality by either of the following.
    -Store image data in Box Notes as in Box Canvas, so that files are not separated.
    -The ability to collectively control the disclosure range of shared links for files stored in folders.

■In Japanese:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSav

Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSave\Documents" and it save and sync every thing perfect until I restart or shut town my pc. The next time my pc booted up the file location changed to something ells like "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\oldBox2\ITSave\Documents" and it no longer save my files to box automatically. Evert time I start up my pc I need to correct the math by right klick on "Documents" on my pc then select "Properties" then select :Location" then select "Move" then select the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. About the "Restrict collaboration to company" setting

Request
    Please add the item "Limit collaboration within the tenant" in the folder settings to the following location.

[Management console > Enterprise settings > Content and sharing > Content collaboration]

■ Background
    Currently, the company definition of the per-folder setting "Restrict collaboration to company" refers to:

・Accounts created with the domain registered in the tenant
    ・Accounts belonging to tenants

The "company definition" of the shared link can be customized from the management console, but it is unnatural that the internal collaboration cannot be defined.
    By arranging this function on the tenant side and controlling it by the administrator, it will…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add specific users as approvers

To be able to manage Box Signs created within a tenant, I want to ensure that a specific user is always added as an approver to the Signs created by users in the target group.
    For example, in the Enterprise settings, if you specify a specific user for each group, when a user in the group creates a BoxSign, I would like to have the specified user automatically added to the approver field.

in Japanese
    テナント内で作成されたBoxSignを管理できるように、対象グループのユーザーが作成したSignに必ず特定のユーザーが承認者として追加されるようにしたい。
    例えばEnterprise設定でグループごとに特定のユーザーを指定すると、グループ内のユーザーがBoxSignを作成したとき自動的に承認者の欄に指定したユーザーが追加されているというような形にしたい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Functionality to embed and directly edit Excel in Box Note.

When a shared link is included in Box Note, it is possible to embed the preview of Box's interface. However, I request the ability to directly edit an Excel file when a shared link for Excel is included.

While Box Note does have a feature to insert tables, it inevitably falls short in functionality compared to Excel. Enabling direct online editing would allow for the maximum utilization of Box Note's collaborative editing capabilities.

[Japanese]
    BoxNoteにExcelを埋め込み表示して直接編集できる機能

BoxNoteに共有リンクを記載するとBoxのプレビュー画面の埋め込みができますが、Excelの共有リンクを記載したら直接Online編集が出来るように要望します。
    BoxNoteに表を挿入する機能はあるもののExcelと比較するとどうしても機能的に見劣りします。
    直接Online編集が出来るとBoxNoteの共同編集機能を最大限活用が出来るようになります。

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Doc visibility - Select which recipients receive which documents

When sending a Box Sign request that includes more than one document there should be an option to decide which recipients can see / receive each document. So for example you could send two documents in the same request where there are signatories who have to sign both docs, but also those who would only sign one and therefore only see or receive the one they need to sign.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rate limit alert

When we reach a rate limit, I would like to have an alert and be able to know when accessing the Box Admin Console.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base