Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

998 results found

1. Automatically apply metadata and tags to folders and files with pulse

Box provides users and organizations the ability to apply tags and metadata; however, trusting all users in an organization to know when and how to apply tags and metadata is not plausible.

Box admins should be able to use Box Relay so that whenever a file or a folder is created/uploaded to a certain section of Box in our organization, then a tag or meta data flag is applied.

Example:

I have a folder called 2021 Tax Documents
    Tag I want Applied: 2021 Tax Documents
    Example File Name: File A

In the example above, as soon as the example file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Group Creation Based on IdP Attributes

Please allow the automatic creation of groups in Box based on attributes being passed from the IpD. In my specific case I want to limit certain content to students and other content to faculty and staff. Having users automatically added to the group would help manage access to the correct resources.

Thanks for your vote!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email address issued for email upload

Output a list of email addresses issued by Box for email upload
    I want to output a list of email addresses in a batch.

I want to use the mail upload function for a folder

I want to output batch data of email addresses used for mail upload for a folder. I want to output

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable us to tag folders with specific colors, to indicate whether they're populated or not.

I would like to be able to tag folders (or choose their literal color, green red blue etc) to indicate whether or not they're complete, incomplete, populated, etc. My company often uses Box to sort invoices and W9 forms for contractors we hire on individual projects, and tracking down all that paperwork can be tedious. If I can, for example, color a folder Grey if it's empty, Yellow if it has an invoice but is missing a W9, and Green if it's fully populated, it'll save me the trouble of having to manually enter each folder and check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limit the amount of data a user can download to prevent data theft by employees.

Limit accidental or intentional bulk downloads.

An ex-employee intentionally or accidentally connected his Network Attached Storage device to his Box account, and it downloaded big chunks of our Box data. We want to prevent very large amounts of data (client work and IP) from being downloaded by users, for example, within a logged-in session, within a set timeframe or by the size of the folder (ie. large folders over a specific size containing folders).

This could be set per user with an enterprise-level default eg. 5GB. If someone tries to bulk download, the admin is altered. Users can request that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Folder path and Page numbers missing from Bin (Box Admin)

Box Admins will regularly view Box accounts of a user, and the user's Bin. Without the Folder Path displayed (which should be SORTABLE and FILTER on), it is difficult to isolate content that was deleted from a specific location.

Instead it is necessary to run a Box Report of a folder, which does include the folder path, then sort the Bin by Updated column, scroll through multiple pages to find content before restoring (hopefully) the correct one(s)

The Bin should display the folder path for each row (where blank Details column is), and be able to SORT that column and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide Sort and Filters in Box Admin Content Search and results - should be standard

Box Admin / Content - Search: 1) should have filter option to choose search 'only by file or foldername' (ie exclude results where search string only in Updated by;

2) Content - Search results have column headings that disappear when scrolling down - the column headings should be fixed to always display

3) Content - Search results have column headings Name, number of collaborators, Updated By, Date and Size - users should be able to sort ALL or ANY of the columns by clicking/reclicking on the column heading

4) Content - Search results - users should be able to add…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. User access provisioning

Currently when provisioning folder access for users, the console looks messy with every item listed and 'none' shown next to the granted access - it would be more helpful to only show what they have access to and their level of access. Adding access to a new folder that exists could be done with a dropdown search box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Admin Right to Accept TOS

Allow the ability for Admins to accept TOS on behalf of their App Users/Service Accounts who have been invited to collaborate by an External Instance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Request to improve the operation when exporting [Access Stats] for non-administrators in the "Closed Folder" environment.

In the "Closed Folder" environment, an error occurs when exporting (*1) [Access Stats] as a user other than the administrator.
    In a "Closed Folder" environment, an error occurs when exporting activities as a non-administrator user.
    Please make it possible to select a path other than root level folders for the export destination, or hide the export button except for administrators.

*1:Select the file and click "See Details". Click the "↓" button at the right end of "Activity" and click "Create".

[detail]
    With Closed Folder (*2), only administrators can create and delete folders in root level folders.

If you are a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the design of Admin console in the custom settings

The design of Admin console menu is only black. We need to identify that Admin console is production or sandbox by design(ex. color).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable Get Started with Box PDF

When a new account is created, the Get Started with Box PDF is added to the user's account. All users within my organization are editors and this becomes an issue when the user's account becomes disabled. We are unable to delete the user's account without transferring owned data to another account first. Considering this file is the only file a user owns, it creates additional work to transfer and delete the file. It would be beneficial to have this option disabled that adds the PDF added to the user's account upon creation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to bulk purge items in Trash

Have the ability for admins to bulk purge items in Trash that meet a specific criteria, like date range. For example, bulk delete all items in Trash that were deleted prior to 1/1/2020.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Transfer content of deleted user to multiple people

Add ability to transfer content of deleted user to multiple people.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. External files are displayed in Content Manager

The External Collaboration Report outputs folders and files that are invited from outside as "external folder" and "external file".
    The Content Manager only displays external folders, which is not consistent.
    Therefore, we would like the external folders to be displayed in the Content Manager as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to default a sort method

Currently you can change the sort method from alphabetical to updated date or size, but there's no way to change the default order from updated. Most of my files I prefer alphabetical so it's inconvenient to have to click it every time

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Group/User based app access control

Ability to control access to each apps based on groups and users.

Requesting in addition to below pulse, as Admin Console currently only allows enterprise wide setting for each app access control.
    https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/38377048

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to control roll-out of Box apps

Right now, updates to apps like Box Drive roll-out in a phased approach without any admin control. That means that I have some users on one version and some on another... and the manual download version is the old version so I can't force-update anyone who is having issues and needs to take advantage to a bug-fix version.

If this is difficult, then just post the current/new version as the manual download - problem solved!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add group members to new group by combining existing groups

I created a new group that will have all the people in 2 existing groups as members. This will be over 70 users in total. Currently I have to enter every single user, but I would like to simply add all members of group A and all members of group B to create the membership of the new group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Administrators to View User Account Password

Allow Administrators to View User Account Password. I have a user at my company who does not wish to reset their password, and we are unable to view what the current password is set to. This appears to be a common issue that could have a simple solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base