Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

206 results found

1. Upload images to Pulse

I submitted a feature request at support.box.com and was told to post the request here on Pulse instead. Unfortunately, I can't include screenshots here as I can in the support portal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow users to set Sort Preferences

Users should be able to save default sort preferences.
    Currently I see "Least Recently Updated" documents first, which is never helpful.
    I have to manually re-set the sort preference in every folder I work in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable linking of Google slides and spreadsheets between Google slide presentations and spreadsheet workbooks so source updates cascade.

Enable native Google functionality that exists between their products and allows the linking of content such as slides and spreadsheets between different G-suite presentations and workbooks. This allows updates made to source slides and spreadsheets to cascade down into other locations where they've been linked, avoiding the need to perform manual updates to the different instances of the slide or spreadsheet. Very useful when similar slides are being used between different decks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Referral Reward on shared link Sign Ups

Referral reward/commissions for each company that signs up through our shared links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove the "Restore All" from the users Trash page.

With governance/retention set to indefinite, users trash folder grows larger every day. Instead of having a "restore all" button, Box should change it to a "Restore Item" button. There are more cases where that would be more beneficial than a "Restore All" button

One of my customers hit a "Restore All" button when they were trying to restore a single file, and it put back thousands of items into Box that had been deleted over the past several years. It created an IT nightmare, and they had to use reports to go delete everything that had restored.

Adding a "restore…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Function to check recipent later

Share > Shared Link - Send Shared Link "ON" > Messages (optional)

When we click the "Share" icon and add or send an email address from "Send a shared link (email icon)", the history will not remain in the sent folder of the mailer (outlook) we are using.
    We would like you to add a function that allows you to check later which destination the transmission was sent to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Artwork filing system

Hi. It would be great if your folder system allowed you to put a preview image on the skin of the folder so you could indicate visually what is inside the folder rather than just showing the standard folder image and the word "LOGO" for example. The folder skin could show a preview of the LOGO that is contained inside the folder.
    It would be better if you could decide what the image was that it showed, rather than it randomly selecting something that was in the folder though.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding a Modified field in box online UI.

The "Updated" menu really needs to be configured or have a filter to now show Uploaded as an update. This is very important when moving data to box. I've just finished a box shuttle of about 60TB and 15 years of data. Everything is showing as Updated in the last couple of weeks. This makes it near on impossible to find data easily from years ago at a glance. If this filed can't have a filter then we really need another field called "Modified" So it reads as "Name" "Updated" "Modified" "Size" I shouldn't need to get the properties of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Behavior of checkbox [Disable all email notifications for all collaborators] in folder settings.

[Email and Notifications] section in folder settings ([...] > [Settings]) , when the settings saved with checkbox [Disable all email notifications for all collaborators] selected, the radio buttons [Use my default notification settings] and [Override default settings for this folder and all subfolder] remaining inactive even if the checkbox selections cleared.
    Therefore, when I change the setting of radio buttons I have to save it once.
    It is inconvenient, so it needs to be improved so that radio buttons can be activated without saving once when the checkbox is cleared.

日本語(Japanese):
    フォルダに対する[...]>[設定]>[メールと通知]セクションで[すべてのコラボレータへのすべてのメール通知を無効化する]が選択されている状態で設定が保存されていると、選択を解除しても[デフォルトの通知設定を使用する]、[このフォルダとすべてのサブフォルダのデフォルト設定を上書きする]のラジオボタンが非活性のままであり、選択を解除した状態で一度保存しないと上記2つのボタンが活性状態に戻らないのは不便である。
    そのため、[すべてのコラボレータへのすべてのメール通知を無効化する]の選択を解除したタイミングで[デフォルトの通知設定を使用する]、[このフォルダとすべてのサブフォルダのデフォルト設定を上書きする]のラジオボタンが活性化するようUIを改善してほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Assign users to courses in box university

It would be great to be able to assign courses to users in the admin console in box university.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support & governance

Allow all users, even free users, to publish a ticket to support for resolution, as was the case in the past. If this is not the case, you might as well delete the accounts of your free users, given the serious consequences they may suffer if their problems remain unresolved. This will prevent the worst from happening. It would surely be fairer and better for Box's governance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Grid View For Shared Links

For people accessing a shared link on Box, without having been invited to collaborate, there ought to be an option to view files/folders/etc in "Grid View". This is available on mobile devices and when you are a collaborator -- but if you're accessing a shared link from a computer, this option is not available.

I needed to share a folder containing several thousand photos with an email chain I was a part of. I wanted the recipients to only be able to "view and download" so sharing with a link was more appropriate than inviting them all to collaborate on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. About file display

・I would like to be able to fix the sort order of files when opening folders (many users want to sort by file name).

・I want the viewer screen to open in a separate tab after clicking on a file.

・I want the screen to open in a separate tab after clicking "+*users" to confirm the shared users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable in app messaging

I hate the in app messaging popping up every time I log in. Super annoying and distracting and I want to turn it off desperately. I REALLY hate it. Fine if you want to promo your stuff, but give me the option to turn off your in app messaging. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to be able to check the number of contents including file versions

The only way to check the number of contents, including the number of versions, is by visual inspection at this time.
    It is very time-consuming and labor-intensive to just visually check the number of versions as the hierarchy increases.
    Therefore, we would like to have the ability to easily check the number of all versions, even when the number of contents is large.
    Example:You can make it the output target of the report, etc.

バージョン数を含むコンテンツ数を確認する場合、現時点では目視で確認する方法しかありません。
    階層が多くなることでバージョン数を目視で確認するだけでは非常に手間となり時間が掛かります。
    そのため、コンテンツ数が多い場合でもすべてのバージョン数を簡単に確認できる機能が欲しい。
    例:レポートの出力対象にしていただく、など

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Access Box AI via search bar. Generate Box AI insights from ALL internal Box content that I have permission to, not just individual files

E.g. we have years of contracts and legal research on a variety of different issues - articles, contract templates, white papers, screenshots, etc.

We would like to have Box AI trained on our own research and contracts, that can help generate contract clauses - like, "based on our own data, generate a warranty provision for a client that operates a SaaS data storage service" with a result that provides suggestions and Box links back to the documents where it found those suggestions.

I believe there are legal tech companies rushing to create these kinds of legal tools, but we wanted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Collaboration Level to Navigate File Structure

We need a collaboration level that only allows the ability to view file and folder names but can't preview, download, or upload anything. This would allow a user to be added at the top level with this permission and navigate the file structure until they see the one they're assigned to. If you only share the subfolders, then your All Files navigation fills up fast with unconnected folders and names that may not be easy to identify what that folder contains.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to restrict certain people/groups from accessing version history.

I would like the ability to limit who can access version history. When interacting with external collaborators, it would be nice to limit them from seeing version history, and only allow them to see the most recent version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Users' Creation Date field to be included in Users Details Report.

We would like to request for Users' Creation Date field to be included in Users Details Report. This will help us to track those users who have not been using Box for a long time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PLEASE remove the sidebar/ let users customize view

Please allow users to customize the view...

I don't need to see the size of a document in the folder. I don't use the information provided in the sidebar. I would appreciate the option of customizing certain items so then can/cannot be displayed.

In addition, once I set the "hide sidebar", I don't like having to do that for every folder I view... "set it and forget it". If I set it at my opening page, why does it change when I move through the folder system? It should stay "hidden".

Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?