Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

187 results found

1. Get Notification on upload

Currently owner of the folder alone will get notifications when a file is uploaded. We have a requirement for the uploader of the file to get notification as well so that it will serve as an acknowledgement for the upload

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. URGENT | Warnings on breaching Box's recommended limits

Hi Team,

I would like to have a UI Notification implemented in Box, which would warn the user when they reach the Box's recommended limits with respect to
    1. items per folder
    2. total items per user
    3. collaborators per folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. notifications group

Allow users to set per-group notification preferences. My work recently created several umbrella groups that contain 100's of people and these groups get added as collaborators to announcement type documents. These documents generate a lot of noise with comments, etc. Now I have to choose whether to get flooded with notifications or turn them off. I would prefer to disable notifications of just the documents associated with these big umbrella groups, not the notifications for documents to which my account has been specifically added as a collaborator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatic notification of an added sub-folder

I would like to be notified when a new sub-folder is added to an existing folder. It would be helpful if this could be set and be automatic as opposed to requiring a person to tell me. It seems a basic idea for BOX and was surprised it did not exist. Am requesting per this page.
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360049712573-Can-a-notification-be-sent-to-collaborators-when-a-new-file-is-uploaded-

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Transfersafe - Docs Signed Email Notification

An option to have the signed email notification be an option on it's own. The amount of emails TS sends is a lot, but this would be a key email that some may want to keep an eye out for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to turn off email notifications when a file is added to Box by email

We are wanting to use the feature of being able to upload a file to Box by sending an email to the folder email address, but do not want to have the auto email responder saying that "upload was successful". We are wanting to use this feature for our clients but do not want to generate questions when they get a email from Box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Group members notification of Folder/File sharing

When adding a new user in a group. Notify the user of the group folder access.

Add the User to the Group 1, If Group 1 have access to Folder A and Folder B.
    Notify the user of his new access to Folder A and Folder B.

Share Folder C with group 1. Inform Group 1 users of their new access to Folder C.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Invite users to file request

We would like to inform our users that we have created a file request area for them. As soon as we create a file request we would like to be able to send a number of users a notification that they should upload their files there.

Currently we have to manually copy the URL into an email to inform people, which breaks the flow. We would like the same functionality we see when creating shared links.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If users log in from "Microsoft Edge", send them a notification saying “Box login from "Microsoft Edge".

Users receive the notification mail of login activity saying “Box login from "Windows Chrome" even though he login from “Microsoft Edge“. It should say "Box login from "Microsoft Edge"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exempt owners from disable notifications for all collaborators

Folder owners should be able to exempt themselves when they disable all email notifications for all collaborator in a folder. I still want to receive notifications as owner. Otherwise, the only other option is to have all collaborators manually change their own settings, but this is rather unrealistic

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. a better way to handle people wanting to collaborate with you - scams

Once scammers have your email address you receive a TON of "user x added you to collaborate with" communications and it is very tedious to remove (decline) them, as you have to do it one by one, each taking multiple clicks. make a way for me to "select all" those who want to collaborate with me and decline them ALL at once. I'm so close to just deleting my box account as I get 2-3 notifications of people (scammers) wanting to collaborate with me and takes me a long time to decline them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BOX Error when transferring files from Public to All other Folders

The error message when transferring files from Public to All Other Folders is a little misleading. I would argue here that the system is asking for more of a confirmation before proceeding as opposed to reporting an error. The fact that this says “error occurred” and shows up in red doesn’t do a good job of conveying that you can do this if you click the Details button … just a question of whether you know what you are doing or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email notification for any MOVE event

Ability to receive email notification for MOVE event.

Currently, email notification can only be enabled for preview, upload, delete, comment and download

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide Notification when user is removed as a collaborator

Right now, users do not get a notification when they are removed as a collaborator from a folder. This can cause confusion as this could be caused by a number reasons (ie deletions, inactive users), and results in admin assistance to dive in to what may have occurred. Users do get a notification when they are added to a folder, so they should also get one when they are removed from a folder as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. File Upload Notification - Ability to set alerts to a specific managed user per folder

File Upload can be a game changer for our company - with 1 major exception. Notifications in box seem to be all or nothing. Its overwhelming. Most of our team have them all turned off.

We would like the ability to set a notification for file uploads - per folder - per user/s. Example: Folder named: Dr. Joe with 10 folders within it. One of the sub-folders is named "Uploads from Dr. Joe" A file request link is created and shared with the client for this sub-folder. Then, regardless of who owns the file, you can add certain managed user/s…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I talk or chat with someone from box.com?

How do I talk/call or chat with someone from box.com?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deliver Email Notification with the title including the actual folder on upload.

Currently, people get email notification with the title including parent folders when uploading to multiple file even though people upload to child folder. The title makes them a bit confusion and lead to know them there is upload event on parent folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload Completion Notification

I love how I am notified when a set of files are uploaded into a specific folder but I am having one very key issue. I will receive the notification upon upload, but many times because it is 10+ large images, the images are not done uploading. I will review the folder but be unaware that the Upload is not complete. I may see 5 images with 5 still uploading.

Is there a way Box could show us of upload progress? OR possibly send a second notification when the upload is complete?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic email response for file request submitter

Would like a feature whereby the person submitting files using Box File Request receives an automatic confirmation email with a customizable message. For example, after the submitter uploads files using the File Request web widget, that person gets a email to the effect of, "Thank you for contacting us. A team member will review your submittal and follow up within 24 hours." The person would be required to provide an email address but not required to have a Box account. Many of our external customers send us application materials using File Request, and then they contact us separately wanting to…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We have 700+ users. There should be an easy way that an admin or co-admin can notify everyone.

Example: say we need to do some maintenance and would like to notify all of our users. Right now I was told the only way to do this is to email everyone or share a link with everyone. With over 700+ users that would be a LOT of emailing or sharing. Can you please create a way we can send out a notification to our whole enterprise?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base