Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. FIX the SEARCH to search exact terms and support advanced search parameters

There are several major issues here, search should be powerful in order to make the tool as useful as possible. It is to the point now that we are storing so much information on Box that not having a search tool that actually works is causing us serious headache and loss of productivity.

1. Search returns results for all forms of a word, how is it helpful to be absolutely unable to narrow a search. For example, if I search for "Government" (yes, even when using quotes) I get results including government, governance, govern, etc. Thanks Box, you have now included…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Metadata key values of type {number, date} only searchable by range (gt, lt) and not equality

Assume I have a metadata template "Template" with a key - value of type Number. In both the web app and API, it is not possible to do an equality search:

templateKey = template
    filters = {"value": 2}

Instead, the search requires specifying both lower and upper bounds. If you're searching for a single value, you then have to approximate it with a gt = 2, lt = 2 combo.

a) Most importantly, the API documentation implies that the range parameters are not required when searching by number or date.

b) I think both the webapp UI and the API…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base