Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When restoring a version, keep the original Modified Date

When restoring a version, keep the original Modified Date. Creating a new modified date implies that the file was modified when it was not. Versions should be restored to previous state.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort or filter files in a folder by the presence or absence of comments.

Sort or filter files in a folder by the absence or presence of comments. Feature would be helpful to spot files that should have been reviewed and weren't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see BoxWeb implement a function to sort files by extension.

The current BoxWeb does not allow sorting by file extension.
    However, in some fields, a large number of photos and videos are often taken for measurement and development work, and many types of files are miscellaneously stored in a single folder.

For example, when searching for image files (.png/.jpg/etc...) For example, if you are looking for image files (.png/.jpg/etc...), you can search for them by file name, but you may also want to check them by file extension.

We currently use a method of dividing files into categories by file type, such as blocks of image files, blocks of video…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Default sort by date to descending (most recent first)

The default sort order is Alphabetical by folder name. When I sort by Updated date, it defaults to ascending -- oldest items first. I'm most often looking for something in a folder that was updated very recently; I would prefer that the default for sorting by Updated date be descending -- newest items first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Where'd the rollover filenames on web go?

Am I crazy or did I used to be able to see the full file name when I rolled over and held the cursor over a file link? I no longer see tool tips of the whole filename.

Long filenames get truncated visually unless your web browser is wide enough to show them. The only way to see the full filename now is to click the rename pencil and view it there.

This is really inconvenient. Can we have our tooltip filenames back, please???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. file upload api

Please remove the "/" after 'content' in the "File Upload" API URL from the official documentation. When triggered from Postman, the current API generates HTTP Error 400.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Awful UI problem when adding collaborators

Please fix this awful UI problem: I tried to invite collaborators to a folder, and send a message. I hoped to include my contact info so it would show up in the email. Apparently any sort of URL is not supported in this message box. Ok, fine. But instead of giving me an error message and allowing me to save the last 15 minutes I spent compiling the list of collaborators and writing the message, the box disappeared and AFTERWARDS I got a red message box stating that URLs are not supported in this message box. I lost a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New Folder Naming

When creating a new folder, can you please adjust the functionality so that the cursor automatically goes into the box "Folder Name"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Passwords on File Request links

I would like to be able to add a password on public file request links to protect these file request pages (like how I add passwords on public shared links)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an optional custom message when locking the file

When you lock a file in Box, it would good to add your own message when locking the file as to why you have locked the file. By providing this, you can inform others who go to unlock the file why you have the file locked in the first place and either

a) discourage them from racing through the confirmation dialog and unlocking the file
    b) provide additional context to them as to how much longer you will be with the file

The message is optional so if you don't want to add additional comments, you can still lock the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom Support information (including displayed text)

Currently, when you edit support information in the Admin Console (phone number, email, support URL), this is displayed in the "Get Help" section but it is, in my opinion, too rigid. For example, the Support Site URL is displayed as "Help center" in the callout and this cannot be changed to match the language we use internally.

It would be great to customize this "Get Help" callout to customize existing items as well as add additional items to help point users to the correct resources e.g.

• Add an item called "Raise a ticket" so users can click a link to…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add an option to set a password when locking a file

functionality that allows users an option of setting a password when locking a file to stop other users editing would be very useful in our business.
    ideally users would be able to set a time limit and select actions that can/cannot be performed when a file is password locked.
    eg: file cannot be edited/downloaded/copied/deleted/etc..
    option for password protection to be overwritten by system admin would be an essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto Refresh open files

Need the ability to have file opened via a Box Web folder auto refresh when changes are made to the file from other locations.
    We display a scheduling form on large overhead monitor and need the file to auto refresh So display is updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rename our favourites

Rename Favourites
    It would be useful if we could rename the way we can see our Favorites.
    For example, we want to add in our favourites a folder named "Project XXXXXX, Area YYYYYY, Section ZZZZZ". But we are only working on this project, so we know this is for project XXXXXX, and we would like only to see "Section ZZZZZZ" in the left panel.
    Another example: we want to favourite a document named "Tracker XXXXX" - but we have a lot of favourite trackers with very similar names and we would like to add a nuance (for example: Project ZZZZZZZ,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File request - Block upload of domains not on enterprise allowlisted domains

For File Request where Enterprise requires user to login prior to submission, would like an additional security check for Enterprises that only allow for external collaboration from allowed domains as listed in the Enterprise console. If the domain is on the list then allow for file request upload, if domain is not on the allowlisted domains, block upload.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mentions

Specify multiple people at once when commenting on a comment.

You can use @mentions to notify users of files in Box, but I think it is extremely inefficient to have to enter the user name from @ every time.

However, we think it is extremely inefficient to have to type the username from @ every time.
    For example, it would be very convenient to be able to specify @mentions with a single click or by copying and pasting.

(和訳)
    Box上のファイルに対し、@メンションでユーザーに通知することが出来ますが、毎回@からユーザー名を一から入力する必要がするのは極端に作業効率が悪いと捉えています。

例えばメールの返信の様な形でワンクリックで指定出来たり、
    コピー&ペーストで指定できるなど、簡単に@メンションが付けられると非常に便利だと思います。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. drag and drop jpegs

• You currently do not have the ability to simply drag and drop a JPEG from Box in to PowerPoint (or any other document), which means you either have to open the doc, take a screen shot and copy/paste the screen shot OR use the “insert” function on PowerPoint and them go through your files to find it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [ACCESSIBILITY] Enable preview with non-embedded captions

Currently video player requires subtitles to be embedded in the video file. It would be a great enhancement to adopt the industry standards and enable captions to be in a different file (same filename, different extension) on the same folder. That would simplify the work to be done when publishing a video with captions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set certain folders to default to searching only within that folder

As an example, we have a Knowledgeable folder. When users go to that folder and search, I want to confine search to just that folder by default (most users won't want to tick the box).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Web interface improvements

Two things:
    1) Within the Box Web App, allow for the creation of a New Folder and other features when you "right-click" within the view area. Google Drive already has this.

2) After clicking the "New" > "Folder", to create a new folder, a pop-up window appears. Please have the cursor automatically highlight the "Folder Name" field, so that you don't have to click within the text field first to type a name.

These UI improvements will help with the overall experience. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base