Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "disable for select users" as a Box Drive Mark for Offline option

A global Box customer is looking to disable MFO (Marking for Offline) for a selected users.
    This would be a "symmetrical" counter-option to the existing "enable for select users", and also similar to how some other features can be managed within Box Admin Console, making the MFO options more consistent with broader Box experience for admins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhance file storage location for Box Drive

Having files stored in a hidden user cache folder is a very bad design. Leave them in the folder where they "physically" are, instead, just as Box sync, Dropbox, Mega, and others do.

Plus, let me choose where the app installs in and which folders I want to keep synced. As is it now, Box Drive has a needlessly redundant mechanic, eats up space on the system drive, and give no control to users.

I uninstall the app until these problems are addressed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. UI enhancements to indicate moving/copying activity in progress

When moving/copying files and folders in BoxDrive, I want to be able to see visually that an operation is taking place.

Currently, BoxWeb displays a green dialog at the top of the screen when you move or copy files or folders,
    but However, BoxDrive has an explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears even when a move/copy is performed.

However, BoxDrive has an Explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears when moving/copying is performed. or some other confirmation dialog. When an operation is performed, we would like to see a confirmation dialog…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enhance File/folder restoration process

File/folder restoration on Box is a slow and clumsy process. When my end users move/delete large folders by accident and try to restore them, it takes HOURS for it to restore and to my end users, it looks like nothing is happening until the process is complete. This large window of time where nothing seems to be happening further frustrates my end users and they make more changes during the restoration process further making a mess and I have to end up opening a ticket with support to clean up the mess. Why can't Box architect an "Activity" section in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One of the link icons should merely copy the url instead of a pop up window

I was told by someone on your Twitter team to send my feedback here. Essentially on the row of each file or folder in box there are two icons in which you can click to access the link for that file or folder if you have created a share link. One of them should merely copy the link to the clipboard instead of bringing up that window where are you can invite people etc. Ideally the icon in the middle to the left of the date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enhanced automatic locking of read-only files

Allow users to choose to lock or not lock the read-only configuration file instead of automatically locking it.

It also prevents the read-only attribute from being automatically released when auto-unlocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open Box Drive in full screen mode

1 - Box Drive Icon on the Task Bar should Open the Box Drive Search Tool, not the Bod Drive Folder in Windows Explorer.

2 - The Box Drive application should open up on full-screen view, with the BOX Folders on the left (as in Windows Explorer) - With the Box Search Tool on the right. This will go a VERY LONG way to help new users to "get comfortable with" / transition to BOX!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enhanced Lock/Unlock on Box Drive for CAD files

I hope the Enhanced lock/unlock experience, which is currently only available for Office files, be made available for CAD files and others as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Native searching in Box on Windows 10

Previously, you were able to search natively using Box Drive and Box Sync on Windows 7. Windows 10 has been out for a good amount of time now and since Box had an update that removed Box Sync in favor of the Box Drive application, it has become much more difficult to search through thousands of files using the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B shortcut as this panel does not show as many results as compared to previous versions of Box. I would like to see a feature in Box that will let me search through all my files in Box through File Explorer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Really need a better way for individuals to organize folders on their Box Drive

I see some ideas under consideration, and amazingly adding Collections to Box Drive is not one of them. Box Drive urgently needs a better way for individual users to organize contents without affecting the online heirachy for everyone else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Autosave in Box Drive

I don't understand why this isn't already happening, but please create an Autosave function for Box Drive that saves content every few minutes automatically. This way, when your computer crashes and you were working on a file in Box Drive, you won't lose 6 hours of work just because you didn't hit the save button. Same as OneDrive- your competitor. Please see if you can make this update soon. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to stop Box Drive without hiding the Box contents

If I stop Box Drive (right click on the icon and choose exit), the Box folder disappears, even though I've marked all folders for available offline.

I sometimes am in a location with a very low data cap, and the costs for exceeding the quota are very steep. If I store a file in Box from another device, when my computer connects and Box Drive is running, then it will attempt to sync and download any files.

On my old Windows 10 computer, I didn't have this issue. The Box folder stayed around, and I could even add files to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have sync centralised in cloud and automatically sync between website and computers

Keep the concept in Box Sync where you choose what folders you want to sync on Box.com or via Box Drive on computer. Then Box.com and all computers using Box Drive should sync those folders. I don't understand why we currently use "Make Available Offline" feature to individualise syncing for each computer instead for all computers of same account.

Also, documentation says you lose these offline files once you log out of Box Drive. That's a pain if you have to redo choosing which folders to make available offline.

Overall, sync like in Box Sync is a more desirable feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to adjust document autosave sensitivity (if not, it makes version history obsolete )

Recently noticed our company document autosaves are soaking up all of our version histories. Box Drive is reading every time a document is edited and autosaved as a new version. Even if you are actively editing the document it still is reading all autosaves the document itself is doing. For Mac Office, this occurs about every minute and there's no way to adjust it. I remember Box Drive being able to know if the document was edited or not upon close or save. This allowed for our version history to go back several months instead of several hours. Very bad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adds the ability to hide the notifications that appear when you open an auto-locked file on a box drive for all tenant users.

Tenants that automatically lock files in Box Drive will be notified that when another user opens a file that is already open from Box Drive, the file will be locked and opened in read-only mode.
    Add the ability to hide this notification for the entire tenant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore box links

Restore an original Box Link in case a QR Code is created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If I use Box Drive,my computer's local Recycle is not available ?

Whenever a file is deleted from my computer's local Box Drive, it doesn't go in the trash itself. I am not able to see the file in my computer's local trash, it has synched to Box Driver in the first place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Manual pause syncing

Sometimes I want to reorder / organize / rename files before syncing.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

20. Box Drive Backup Controls

Please allow me to use Box Drive to backup files to the cloud (not sync them). Allow me to designate folders where I add files that are (a) added to the cloud and (b) removed from local storage. Allow me to choose when the removal happens (e.g. every night at midnight).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base