Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

615 results found

1. Send Error Message when it is wrong email address in Box Sign request

Currently in Box Sign, when you input an email address that doesn't exist, it doesn't give any error and in the interface, it is successfully "sent".

If there is a feature to let the user know that there is an error because it could not send the sign request, it would be very useful.

The background of this need is that if there is a typo in an email address and the sender doesn't notice it, they would just assume that the sign request email was sent and there is no way to know that the receiver never received it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've recently added the requested functionality.

When email cannot be delivered the sender will receive email notification and the UI will indicate that the email was bounced 

2. Salesforce integration to support Salesforce platform user licenses

The Box for Salesforce integration installation guide and FAQ state that the integration only works if Salesforce users have a full "Salesforce" user license. This is a deal breaker for many organizations that have Salesforce users with the more affordable Salesforce "Platform" user license.

Since the integration supports custom Salesforce objects, I don't see why the full Salesforce licenses would be required for each user. I would understand if the integration user (Box service account) needs a full Salesforce license, but individual users should be able to use this integration with a Salesforce platform license. Platform license users just wouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional options on new Sign Request

when creating a new Sign Request, you are only prompted with these options: "Draw, Type, and Saved. it will be good if we can insert or upload saved signs from the local PC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Incorporate Box Sign in Box Relay

Including the ability to ask for signatures with Box Sign as an action on Relay would be useful, just as being able to assign a task which is available at the moment. This is vital especially in the case of approvals that need to be legally valid.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Box Sign is now integrated with Box Relay. We have introduced a  New ‘Sign event’ trigger in Relay based on completed / cancelled / expired / declined document status in Box Sign to Select one or many file / folder / task / metadata / notification outcomes in Relay to build downstream workflow.  Kindly check out this link for more details. 

5. Allow more options for signers. Add same recipient twice or more in the workflow

Please allow more options for signers (eg I may need to sign a document in position 1 and position 3), and also allow an option for a cc or recipient only.
    In my professional role we need letters and forms signed. I need to sign the letter before it goes to the client for signing. I then need to sign the tax form after they've signed it. I can't currently do this under the one email address. I can do this in DocuSign.

I'd also like to allow a cc or recipient only copy to be sent. Sometimes one spouse…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update Box Sign to be more compatible with Google Chrome. Can't consistently open agreement requests in Chrome.

Majority of the time I can't open an agreement request for signature in Google Chrome. I have to use a different browser in order to not see an error message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is an old request and lots of product improvements have been release since the date the request was created.

If you still experience the issue, please work with the support team to get it resolved or escalated to the engineering team.

7. Ability for a signer to sign the document twice at two different stages of the signing process

In our workflow for accounting and tax in Australia it is common for a document with cover letter to have the letter signed out by a director to a client, the client signs the document and then following their signature the director signs (signed authority is required by the client before this signature is done).

At the moment from what I can see the person signing twice can only sign at the start or end, but not both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Power forms (DocuSign) equivalent

Box Sign: Enable ability to send contracts through a Shared Link, or similar to DocuSign PowerForm.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  3 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Box Sign: bulk send the same template to multiple recipients at once (e.g. all employees have to sign annual benefits acknowledgment)

Box Sign: bulk send the same template to multiple recipients at once (e.g. all employees have to sign annual benefits acknowledgment)

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released the 'batch send' capability in Box Sign.

This enables senders to send signature requests in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet of contacts and specifying the document. Box Sign will then send out a unique invite to everyone listed in the spreadsheet.

The batch send feature is available on the Box Enterprise Plus plan.

This helps address high-volume business processes including:

• Internal processes like HR sending a building entry form that needs to be signed by all employees working in a facility, or annually acknowledging they they have received and read the employee handbook
    • External processes like Legal having to send a notice/addendum to all customers regarding an update on contract language.

For more info, please see Using batch send templates

10. Add "Name", "Company", "Title" pre-built fields to Box Sign

Add "Name", "Company", "Title" pre-built fields to Box Sign

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to add branding to Box Sign notifications

Could fall under this request as well "Allow custom logo in Box notifications" - but just had a customer surface the need to add a logo to their Sign notifications, which would escalate the urgency to complete and return the document to the next signature.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add initials to the "Signatures & Fields" menu in Box Sign

Many documents (e.g. Wills, contracts) require the signer to initial each page to confirm that they have read and agree with the content of that page. It's also common to have a signer initial a section of a document to confirm that they have read and agree with that section. A typical workflow requires the signer to initial a document one or more times, then sign the document.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow personalized signatures

I have a saved signature on my computer that I use. I don't like putting a generic signature on e-documents.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  4 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Box Sign Template Edit Underlying Document

My customers who use DocuSign today are accustomed to applying a Signature template to a document. For example, I have a contract I am going to make edits to the language of the contract, the date, the dollar amount, etc. and then apply a signature template and send it off.
    In Box today, I've found that you can either use a template (but the underlying document cannot be changed) or you can utilize template tags via API (which are handy, but I imagine my less tech savvy clients would find them challenging to set up).

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Box Sign - Multiple Documents in One Request

Allow me to add multiple documents to one BoxSign request. This may include attachments that require a signature, need to be acknowledged, or are for reference only. This will not include a signer having the ability top upload documents.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to announce we released the ability to send a Box Sign request with multiple files. We will continue to develop this feature in the next few quarters but adding the ability to kick off a multi-document request within Box more easily, add the functionality to our APIs, increase performance  as well as streamline our workflows. 

Please checkout the feature and add any new request within Pulse. Your feedback matters and thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

For more information on this feature:

Multiple Files Overview

16. Need more input field types and options for Box Sign

Requested Box Sign Fields: Drop-down boxes, radio buttons, attachments

Requested Options: Conditional fields, KBA authentication, bulk sign, embedded form links

We need more fields and options to be able to adopt Box Sign fully like the current major eSign providers have.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released the ability for senders to add dropdown, radio buttons and attachments to documents.

Conditional fields and KBA authentication have separate requests. Please upvote them if they can unlock/improve your experience with Box Sign.

Thank you for your votes and helping us to improve Box Sign.

17. Create a simple Self-Sign feature in Box Sign for rapid single signature by user

Allow for a simple self-signature type option on Box Sign. This would allow someone to simply click on a file, choose "Apply my signature" from a menu, and let the Box Sign engine perform the process of allowing the user's signature and completion. The signed version and log will be kept in the working folder where original file exists. Please allow other users after the fact to also sign a "Signed Document" by appending to the process.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Box Sign needs Clickable Link Feature

Box Sign should allow for clickable links within documents out for signature. Our contracts have a link that direct to online T's & C's. I'd migrate over to Box Sign today if that was a feature.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Box Sign to work without open shared links

At this time, our organization does not allow open shared links to the world, only those in the organization and those with the folder shared to them (internal and external). We were dismayed to learn from Support and Engineering that Box Sign will NOT function in this configuration, especially considering we feel this is not an unreasonable level of security to have on our folders. We still want to utilize the Sign function - help us out!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Box Sign - Add Setting to Require Login

Have option to require login for users to complete a Sign. Allow for same functionality for a user to have some level (even free) of Box, very similar to File Request.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  4 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base