Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

Currently, the BoxCLI is only available to administrators.
    We have received requests from non-administrative Box users to do their own work from the command line.
    This is a very strong request.
    Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make entries in boxpulse dated.

Make the entries in boxpulse marked with a date, so we know how old an issue or suggestion is

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have cursor be in New Folder name input upon selecting New/Folder

This used to happen automatically but now when a user creates a new folder, they have to click into the folder name input box; last month, this was not an issue (i.e., when a user clicked New, then Folder, they could instantly start typing the name of the new folder and then click Create to make the folder).

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Product feedback in Japanese on Box Pulse

We want the ability to send Box product feedback in Japanese on Box Pulse.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add sorting and filtering to "My Cases" on Community site

When I go to "My Cases" on the Box Community site to view open support cases, I have a table with headings ID - SUBJECT - CREATED - UPDATED - PRIORITY - STATUS

I would love the ability to sort the columns, but that is not an option.
    I do not see any way to display more than 20 cases on a page, so I need to view my cases on different pages.

There is ONE filter, but it is not so useful, because there are multiple "statuses" that would be useful to see together, such as a way to…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a different section/page for Shared links setting on account settings page

Right now, shared links setting is on "Sharing" tab. This has create a confusion for customer in the following scenario:

Customer recently switched from company only to open link on admin console settings. They expected that this will change the settings of all managed users, but some users still defaulted to company only link. This was because those users updated email settings before (which happens to be in the same "Sharing" tab) while the "company only" was selected in the Shared Links setting and saved as their individual setting.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change Box Pulse's name to Feed Box

Change Box Pulse's name to Feed Box so people can send their feedback to FeedBox. this will feed Box new feedback that will improve and enhance user's experience from their feedbox. LOL

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. need unlimited storage for individual plan

100G is not enough for individual users. Please add add-on storage capacity for UNLIMITED STORAGE or at least 1T/2T

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. HP

Adquiri un computador portatil marca HP y en el aparece que tengo derecho a 25 gb en la nube de por vida en BOX queria saber como puedo obtenerlos? gracias

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Backups

It would be very helpful if there was a way to automatically back up all my files on Box.com into a different Box account or possibly onto another site or server somewhere.

I say this because I would like to give certain employees the ability to delete so they can reorganize my files, but I'm concerned that some day someone will somehow accidentally delete all my files. It would be nice to have period backups that I could rely on automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Relay Lite for multiple users

Relay Lite has a limitation that would work only for a home user. Any business organization would have a primary and backup user monitoring work items, so the ability to list multiple people on the workflow notifications and having only one complete it is essential. We can list multiple recipients in other areas of your product, and should be able to do so in Relay-Lite, rather than being restricted to a single radio button choice.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. see folder in file properties

When I send a colleague an email from Box (by @Name in a comment), the email contains a link to the file, but no info on the location of the file within our folders. If I'm asking that person to change the file's tags, they have to hunt for where the file is located. If they could see the location from the file properties, they could get right to it.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. manage members

Under my organization we have a shared folder for over 1000+ members, but as you may know this is a global organization where we add or remove resources over the time. At this moment I can add them but I do not know how can I remove them. For this I will appreciate to have an option to export the list as CSV file, and as well an option to add or remove permissions in a bulk.
    Thanks, My best regards!

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. K-12 teacher discount

Give k-12 Teachers Discounts to ease their financial load.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. update automatically copies of a file

When you copy a file into different folders, when You modify the main file, automatically the whole copied files be updated in the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to set aliases on my favorites instead of having folder name only.

My naming convention may be different from the (owner's) directory structure, showing aliases (and real folder information) in the favorites would improve search, data retrieval and folder sorting.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Submitting a Support Ticket

When submitting a ticket with the support site, add the option to submit a ticket specifically for issues with the support site itself. It's possible to classify tickets this way on our end, but not on the user's apparently.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Box CLI: Don't require "type" on box trash:get.

The standard box files:get command does not require a type (so you can actually pull the type by using the get.
    The Trash version of this command requires a type. This means that you have to basically try all three types in order to know which restore command to use (or any other trash command). If you could simply "get" the type, it would make things much easier, and more consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Spell Check to Comments

Add spell check to comment section

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. collaborate at "all files/root" level

It would be nice if you could add a collaborator at the "all files" or root level, so that they would have access to any future folders created. For example we have folders created for each year and now we have to make sure we remember to add collaborators to the next years folder when it gets created. Versus if we had collaboration at the root level they would automatically be included when the next years folder is created.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base