Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

17 results found

1. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive

Pop-up upon double-clicking a file to ask user if they'd like to check out (lock) a file or open a read-only version. Auto-unlock upon closing the file

401 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Box Drive search for specific folder

Currently there is not way to search for a folder name offline. All you can search for is a file name. This can be problematic if you have multiple files with the same name, but just in different locations. Suggest being able to search for file name and then open file.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature was delivered in Box Drive v2.25!

User can right-click on a folder in Box Drive and choose "Refresh folder" to get the latest updates made to this folder from Box on demand if they notice that some updates don't already reflect in Finder/Explorer.

4. box drive sync progress

When syncing large amounts of data or many items into Box, I don't have a number of items remaining unless I try to log out of Box drive while it is uploading. Could we take that information and put it into the Box Drive icon like it was displayed in Box Sync?

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature was delivered in Box Drive v2.20!

Users can easily view upload and download progress in the new Transfers UI (accessible via the system tray on Windows or menu bar on Mac).

5. Smaller icons for Box Drive on windows

The "status" icons on folders/files in Box Drive cover up 80% of the thumbnail for the file (or folder itself). This happens when explorer is set to list or details view.

This makes scanning a folder with many documents for a particular file type extremely difficult, as there's not much visual distinction between excel, word, and ppt docs when they're all covered by one of the Box Drive syncing status icons. The PPT/Excel/Word logos are completely covered with just a vague hint of color peeking out.

It would be ideal to figure out some way to make these icons smaller,…

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Box Drive: Support ARM processors

The new Microsoft Surface Pro X uses an ARM based processor and Box Drive doesn't support ARM processors. I'm sure use of the ARM processors will increase rapidly since it allows for much longer battery life and support cellular data connections.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We launched ARM support for Apple devices with Box Drive v2.22

We currently do not have this planned for Windows devices.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

8. Add support for RDS/Terminal Services

Add support for Box for Desktop to work on a true "thin" client

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Box Sync to Box Drive uninstall/install tool

I currently have Box Sync installed across the enterprise and want to move over to Box Drive without each user having to manually uninstall sync and install drive. Looking for a tool that would allow end users to perform uninstall and install all at once.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve Box Drive Synchronization

Have experienced slowness of synchronization from Box Webapp to Box Drive. It usually takes 5-7 mins. Need to improve this behavior or to have any function to quickly reflect the change for the certain folders/files.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve made a number of improvements to improve the performance syncing changes from Box’s web app to Box Drive. If you continue to experience issues, please file a support ticket. Thanks!

11. Seamless login for Box Drive in non-persistent VDI environments

Users have to log in to the Box apps (Box Drive, Box Notes, etc.) each time, as the user profile info is blown away from the non-persistent VDU environment after logoff. This results in a very poor user experience. They'd like to leverage embedded windows authentication if possible but are open to other ideas.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic installation of Box Drive

I was tasked with making the Box Drive installer available for deployment via the Jamf Casper Suite on macOS. Software deployment policies from Casper run as the Unix root user - not the logged in human user - so any user folder modifications during the package install will be made to the root user's home folder. On macOS, the root home folder is located outside of /Users, hidden away at /private/var/root. However, after the Casper deployment policy runs, a new root folder is found in the Users folder where it doesn't belong. That root folder doesn't belong there and could…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Folders accessed via Box for Salesforce do not appear in Box Drive until re-login

We’re finding that when a user visits a folder from Box for Salesforce, they then have access to the client folder from Box.com but it does not appear in Box Drive until they log out of Box Drive and back in.

Please fix this

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Salesforce folders appear in the latest version of Box Drive without requiring log out/in. If you're seeing this issue, please file a ticket with our Box Support team.

14. Idea: develop more ways to receive 2-step verification code (email address or application on smart phone )

Recently, I did not receive 2-step verification code through SMS to log in my Box account, so I had to request support from Box team to disable 2-step verification in my Box account. I know that without 2-step verification, my Box account is less secure. Please consider the following idea: (i) add another way that we can receive 2-step verification code such as the email address, or (ii) develop the application on smart phone (e.g. iOS, Android phones) that generates 2-step verification code for Box account. Thank you (PS: I just move from BoxSync to BoxDrive, so I decide to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable Box Drive keyboard shortcut

We'd like a way to disable or change the Box Drive shortcut on keyboards for Mac’s (cmd+ alt + ctrl + space )

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box Drive should be compatible with Hibun DLP

Customers using security products Hibun DLP (https://www.hitachi-solutions.com/hibun/sp/) may see unexpected behavior with Box Drive. And Hibun doesn't have an exclusion mechanism. Therefore Box Drive should be compatible with Hibun DLP

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Accessibility concern

I am a screen reader user and appreciate the option to turn on the Accessible Version of BOX. I do this frequently, as it greatly improves the usability of the site for me as a screen reader user. But if I'm already in a folder or looking at a document, when I click that link, it takes me out of the document I was in and back to my main list of files and folders. And often, it makes me sign in all over again. When the Accessible Version of Box link is activated, it would be much better if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In 2022 Box Web achieved substantial conformance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0, level AA. Box web includes more features than a.box.com and has a more convenient experience for authenticating and previewing files.

Going forward, Box will strive to provide a universal experience rather than a separate accessibility site. In 2023 a.box.com will be retired and all users will use Box Web (app.box.com). We recommend transitioning off of a.box.com as soon as possible.  

We are continually working to improve the usability and accessibility of Box Web.  Any feedback on the usability or accessibility of Box Web is welcome.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base