Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

993 results found

1. Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSav

Good day. Love Box, it's great. A problem I have is that I have set my "Documents" folder to save to Box "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\Box\ITSave\Documents" and it save and sync every thing perfect until I restart or shut town my pc. The next time my pc booted up the file location changed to something ells like "C:\Users\CharlevanRooyen\oldBox2\ITSave\Documents" and it no longer save my files to box automatically. Evert time I start up my pc I need to correct the math by right klick on "Documents" on my pc then select "Properties" then select :Location" then select "Move" then select the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add feature group settings on listed view

It would be good if it could be listed including user group permissions and settings.
    it's happy to see each group settings on a list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. About the "Restrict collaboration to company" setting

Request
    Please add the item "Limit collaboration within the tenant" in the folder settings to the following location.

[Management console > Enterprise settings > Content and sharing > Content collaboration]

■ Background
    Currently, the company definition of the per-folder setting "Restrict collaboration to company" refers to:

・Accounts created with the domain registered in the tenant
    ・Accounts belonging to tenants

The "company definition" of the shared link can be customized from the management console, but it is unnatural that the internal collaboration cannot be defined.
    By arranging this function on the tenant side and controlling it by the administrator, it will…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Platform Insights - Show Cumulative Graph for monthly API usage

The graph on the Platform Insights page show the API usage per day using a line graph. It'll be great to be switch between this graph and "Cumulative" graph so that I can clearly see how many APIs I'm using across the month, and how I'm tracking against my API allocation.

This way, it's easy for me as an Admin to understand if I'm tracking to go over my API allocation for the month and can investigate further (is it a new application? is a current application using more APIs? etc).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improvements to opt-in promotional content Admin settings

With regard to the administrator setting for opt-in promotion content, which is scheduled to be discontinued in December 2023, we are concerned that if the setting item is completely removed, promotions for features not enabled in the Admin Console will be displayed and users will be confused.
    Therefore, we would like to see the addition of a function to customize the display of promotions according to the Admin Console settings, such as not displaying promotions for features not allowed in the Admin Console.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add last login date and time on the user management page

Most cloud services offer the last login time and date when reviewing user status pages in admin. A DoD DISA requirement is to disable inactive accounts after 30 days, so it's an industry best practice. Having this information on the user list page in admin would bring Box in line with other cloud services. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new design of box admin is missing the ability to invite users to your enterprise that already have a box account.

When you are adding an existing user to your box enterprise account, the new design does not have the option to invite the user to join. You only get an error that. The user already exists.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rate limit alert

When we reach a rate limit, I would like to have an alert and be able to know when accessing the Box Admin Console.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. insight "view deleted users"

Admin insight "View Deleted user"

We are happy if could be shown on a insight view who deleted user is.
    Not pull the user details report, Wish deleted users name list by drill down easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Delete user capability

Remove the "Get started with Box.pdf" file that is automatically added to each user. This becomes a 1.8 mb content for the user. As users are offboarded, this is content that needs to be transferred to someone before their account can be deleted. The information contained in that PDF can be housed in the help, announcements or notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow folder Editors to hide version history in Shield depending on the classification.

Allow for ability for collaborators invited as Editors to hide version history in folders protected with Box Shield (depending on the classification)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restrict file request dashboard manipulation by co-admin

When a user is made a Tenant Co-Admin, the File Requests dashboard in the Management Console can be manipulated regardless of the permissions granted.
    If we want to give co-administrators permission to use certain features, such as running reports, it is a high security risk to allow them to manipulate content in the tenant.

Please improve the ability to restrict file request dashboard operations from co-admin permission settings.

(日本語)
    共同管理者によるファイルリクエストのダッシュボードの操作を制限する
    ユーザーをテナントの共同管理者にすると、どの権限を付与しているかに関わらず管理コンソールのファイルリクエストのダッシュボードが操作できてしまいます。
    レポートの実行など特定の機能を使えるように共同管理者の権限を付与したい場合に、テナント内のコンテンツを操作できてしまうとセキュリティ面でリスクが高くなります。

ファイルリクエストのダッシュボードの操作も共同管理者の権限設定から制限できるよう改善してください。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Request for addition of a function to change the display unit of the storage size of insights in the management console

Currently, the display units for the overall size and the detailed size are different, and I would like to convert the units depending on whether I want to see a rough view or see more details, but it would be a hassle to convert each.
    Therefore, we would like you to add a function to convert the display unit.

<管理コンソールのインサイトのストレージのサイズの表示単位を変更する機能の追加要望>
    現状全体および詳細なサイズの表示単位が異なっており、ざっくり見たい場合やより詳細を見たい場合などに応じて単位変換したいが、それぞれ変換するのは手間になります。
    そのため表示単位を変換する機能を追加してほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Greater granularity for co-admin privilages

A co-admin should be able to manage the whitelisted domains for external sharing which is currently only possible by the main admin. Similarly for Shield alerts, only an admin can currently unlock a file. Whilst an admin should be the only one able to change the set up, decide on the alert settings etc a co-admin should be able to manage existing alerts. The lack of granularity of what a co-admin can do makes it difficult to manage as the only alternative is to give co-admins full access to config which isn't a viable option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bulk edit folder settings in the admin console

Grant the ability to bulk edit folder settings in the Admin Console. We recently made changes to our Enterprise folder settings. Updating these settings was not completely retroactive and did not propagate for all subfolders, resulting in either having to update folders individually or using the API. We would like the ability to have a feature for bulk editing folder settings natively in the Admin Console that can be retroactive and will propagate to subfolders.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it less difficult to remove licenses

Make it straight forward to remove licenses right from the admin page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unmanaged Users Workflow

Easier way to managed "unmanaged users" in the Admin Console.
    Currently, you have to run a report to find "unmanaged users" within the customers domain, then move the to managed, wait for their acceptance, then you can delete them.
    Current customer is frustrated that this cannot be completed in a seamless manner and will remain out of compliance if their users are not managed correctly. This should be a bit more seamless and less steps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable feature to remove bulk external users from Box.com and enable option to export external users

Enable feature to remove bulk external users from Box.com and enable option to export external users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the target of "Application Restrictions" (shared link creation / DL, etc.)

【English】
    If "Restrict to applications" is turned on, all users will not be able to perform operations such as DL, editing, and creating shared links at once.
    We would like to see a change so that the target of "Application Restrictions" (shared link creation / DL, etc.) can be specified.

【日本語】
    「アプリケーションへの制限」をONにした場合に全てのユーザーはDL・編集・共有リンク作成等の操作がまとめて不可となってしまいます。
    「アプリケーションへの制限」の適用対象(共有リンク作成 / DL等)が指定できるようになるよう変更してほしい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Privileged Identity Management

I would like to see the ability to apply PIM for Box Admin and Co-Admin roles; a mechanism whereby the Admin role is granted for a minimal amount of time based on the Just in Time principle.

We would like to see minimum privileges, minimum time, and consistent with the company's zero-trust strategy.

Box管理者、共同管理者のロールについて、PIMを適用できるようにしてほしい。Just in Time の原則に基づき、最小限の時間だけ管理者ロールが付与される仕組み。

最小権限、最小時間を実現し、企業のゼロトラスト戦略との整合性を取ってほしい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base