Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to automatically remove deleted users from admin console settings

Currently, you can enable features like Mark for Offline and folder-level metadata cascading by adding a user to the setting on admin console. When a user is deleted, the deleted user is left listed in the setting. We would like the deleted user be automatically removed from the settings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin Reports - User Activity -> Actions needs a field for if the user triggered or an automation like Box Drive triggered

When you see "downloaded" next to Box Drive for the action, you dont know if it was a folder marked for offline just downloading automatically, or if the user is actively opening the file...this needs clarity!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to export Enterprise Settings

I want to see the settings such as custom settings and security in a format like a parameter sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't point users to the EID's Primary Admin when users try to access a disabled app

Don't point users to the EID's Primary Admin when users try to access a disabled app. This is problematic for our larger customers as it prompts the user to reach out to an email address that may not be monitored or inundates the admin with what should be HelpDesk tickets.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. reporting of shared link access

please make available the ability to see how a link was shared from finder (ie I want to know if our users are sending links via email)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insights map uses wrong geoip database

We have noticed that the map displayed on the insights page does not use the same information the report attached to the map does. On the map we see connections to countries that are not in the report.

This massively reduces the value of the map and has raised multiple security alerts, as we see connections from countries on our "forbidden list" that we cannot explain with the report.

Lack of correct information is removing trust in the overall solution in our security department. This should be fixed soon.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Report or visibility into folders set up to receive emails and upload files to Box

It would be super helpful to know as an Admin any folders that are set up to accept emails and upload files to box folders. There is no report or visibility in this. As cyber attacks increase, we need to verify and make sure we know all of our external facing components - not knowing what folders has this component is a concern we have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delimiters are not escaped in the collaboration report

In order to analyze the collaboration report, I am trying to load the CSV file output by Box's reporting function into a tool other than Excel.
    However, the CSV cannot be loaded correctly into the tool because the characters used as delimiters in CSV, such as comma and double quotation marks, are not escaped.
    Normally, these special characters should be escaped when outputting a CSV file, so please improve this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WoW Storage Usage Metric

I'd need week over week total space used report that can be exported for the past several years. (ideally 7 years, same as other reports)

Part of this data is currently available in Insights (Admin Console), but it only displays for the past 30 days and doesn't have ability to export in CSV or Excel.

Background:
    To calculate our ROI on Box and to report to our executive, we'd need a way to find out the historical data and its increase rate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable instructional popups via Admin Console

Finding in the new UI that there are a lot more instructional popup messages going over the basic features of Box web app.

We provide our own training internally and there are certain popup messages that conflict with how our users would utilize our Box instance (e.g. we use our own in-house tool for managing Box collaborations via Box API ... and the File Request / Shared Link popup message contradicts our process).

Also, finding that these popup instructional messages/windows do reappear for user even after they have closed out of it (after either clearing their web cache, using a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to change the Box Report Folder’s name without the report getting saved in a new folder

Currently, to make it easier for me to identify what kind of report it is, after the folder is created for the user activity report, I change the name of the folder.
    However, when the report is made, instead of the original folder that I changed the name, the report is saved into a new folder that is created when the report is made.
    I would like the report to go to the original folder that is created even after I change the name of that folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make multiple users inactive in Bulk Edit

Make multiple users inactive in Bulk Edit

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Opening the "Reports" menu, "Create Report" appears by default.

When we open a "report" from the admin console, we will now see "Report Status" board.
    Before the "Report Status" board was created, "Report Create" was the first thing that was displayed.

The main purpose of opening the "report" page is to create a report.
    The Report Status is a page to check when something happens, so it is not the main recognition.

At the moment we have to click on the "Create Report" tab whenever we want to create a report.
    Next we will want to click on the Export button for any report.

We hope to eliminate this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow admins to access new user account without onboarding

when a new user is added to our Enterprise a new user onboarding workflow is started. As an admin I would like to access the new users account without being hampered by the onboarding workflow. I would like to leave the workflow for the new user to step through but I can't get to their 'all files' if that hasn't happened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't want to show only "Everyone who knows the link" in the tenant settings. I only want to see "Company Users" and "Invited Users Only".

There are three types of shared links as follows
    All users who know the link
    Company users
    Invited users only

Of these three types, the current tenant settings are as follows
    ・Show all three types
    ・Show only invited users
    The following two patterns are available.

Please make it possible to set the following two types of settings instead of only showing "everyone who knows the link".
    Company users
    Invited users only

The background of the request is that we want to create a folder that all users in the company who use Box can access.
    The reason for the request…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. enterprise - auto add invited collaborators, need that turned off

as an admin of our Enterprise Box account I would like the ability to turn off the function that automatically adds an invited collaborator who has the same domain. We are part of the state where our domain is the same throughout the state but our Enterprise is only for a small agency. If our members invite another state agency employee to collaborate the system automatically adds them to our Enterprise. Surely there is a way to turn off that function, allow it to be a yes/no toggle even.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Bulk Edit of Admin Settings for Box Sync

My company is fully transitioning away from Box Sync and over to Box Drive. You can disable Box Sync from being used, but you can't perform a bulk edit on each person's account to uncheck Box Sync. Unless this is done, 'Synced' will still appear on the left hand side of a user's account. This will be a very time consuming administrative change when you have to manually uncheck this setting for hundreds, if not thousands of users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Co-Admins of a Box Enterprise to receive email notifications for failed logins from our Users (in addition to the Primary Admin)

Allow Co-Admins of a Box Enterprise to receive email notifications for failed logins from our Managed Users (in addition to the Primary Admin)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Jord - needs to test an integration

Please ignore, this is for testing the Pulse / SFDC integration

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Box User IDs to the Managed User Report

It would be great to have the Box User IDs added into the Managed User Report. Currently, when we deprovision a large batch of accounts, we have to run a report in the Box CLI to grab the Box IDs and then add them to the Managed User Report.

Adding the Box User IDs into the Managed User Report will help us simplify our deprovision process.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base