Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tasks in relay are owned by Relay owner rather than workflow initiator

Currently tasks have owner and assignee. The owner is always relay owner, who gets notifications when there are any changes to the task which may not be ideal.

Allow for an option to have the task owner be the workflow initiator instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transfering ownership of Relay workflow

If a workflow "owner" isn't functioning within the process where he is responsible for the flow anylonger (He is still within the organisation and so should not be decommissioned), Relay should allow transfer of that specific workflow to another member of the team rather can creating a new workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About setting up a file request

In the file request link, the setting screen for the name and email address fields has been changed.
    Previously, the "Settings" section of the file request included a section for setting a name and email address.
    The way it's currently set up, it seems like there are more setup steps that prompt you to enter your name and email address.

As before, please improve the file request so that it can be configured to require a name or email address in the "Settings" section of the file request as well.

ファイルリクエストリンクの、氏名、メールアドレスの入力欄の設定画面が変更されています。
    以前は、ファイルリクエストの「設定」項目に、氏名、メールアドレスの入力欄を設定する箇所がありました。
    現在の設定方法では、氏名、メールアドレスの入力欄を設定する手順が以前より複雑になっているように見受けられます。

以前同様、ファイルリクエストの「設定」から、氏名、メールアドレスの入力欄を設定できるように改善してください。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conditional fields on File Request form

It'd be great to be able to have conditional fields in the File Request form so that certain fields are only exposed depending on the answer in the field(s) above.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Relay workflow sharing across users

As far as I can tell, only the person who has created the Relay workflow has access to the workflow and I can't share the workflow I have already created with one of my colleagues. As a result, if he wants to start a new workflow using the same flow that I had built, he has to start over as I can't share mine with him. This is a really basic function you need to create ASAP if you want adoption with Relay.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. file request for basic users

I don't have a business account. I use it for free lance, studies, casual projects.
    It would be nice if this is available for free users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy file from relay should version the target, not create a new file

We have a release workflow, where documents are being copied to a shared environment after they have been approved. This works well for the first version of the document.

However, if we change the document and send it through the approval process again, Box creates a new document at the target area. Box does NOT create a new version of the existing document.

Since this process is really key to creating "Quality Managed" documentation, Box relay should offer to version an existing document. Defaulting to creating a new document, makes Box unusable for these kind of approvals.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When copying or moving a file via Relay, allow the file to overwrite an existing file of the same name as a version.

If we have a locked down area for SOP type files, as the SOP is updated and approved, a Relay workflow moves the file into the published location. If the published file is the same name as an existing file, we would like to have the new file come in as a version of the prior file, not be named with the date-time stamp on it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transfer the workflow ownership of the existing user

Currently we are not able to transfer the workflow ownership, while the user is active?(I know we can transfer when the admin delete the user)

When the user moved to the other department and we want to transfer the workflow to his/her teammates, before he/she leave the department.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move or copy to multiple folders

I would like to be able to Move or Copy a group of files to multiple folders in one click. It seemed when you added the radio buttons, that might be possible to select multiple destinations. Alas no.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto overwrite if the file is uploaded with the same name in the folder via File Request.

In the current spec, the file with the same name in the folder is uploaded via File Request, the file name is automatically changed to containing date and time.
    I want the option to overwrite the file when it has the same name of existing files.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Workflow max linking job folders to different jobs

Workflow max linking job folders to different jobs I have a screen shot evidently this can be done with suite files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File request: add the ability to pre-populate fields

It would be great if there would be a way to pre-populate the fields of a file request with "known-information" if available.

This would allow us to reuse a single file request in a portal, but set the metadata on the uploaded documents, based on the current user's context. Content can then be routed in the Box system based on the metadata set.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File Request expiration

Due to security concerns, we have implemented an enterprise setting for shared link expiration. We would like to be able to do this with File Request links as well, but that is not a configuration option available. Would it be possible to add this functionality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow enter date for tasks within a workflow

Today the initiator of the workflow can enter recipients for a task outcome, but cannot specify date. This is very limiting in case the tasks should be completed by a certain date that can only be known by the initiator.
    I have a use case for a highly valuable workflow, but because of this missing capability it cannot be implemented.
    I believe that adding this capability make a lot of sense and would make the use of tasks in workflows much more powerful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow folders to be uploaded with File Request

File Request is a helpful feature, but often isn't useful as most external parties want to share folders (including sub folders) of documents with us. Can a feature be added to allow folders to be shared as part of File Request - perhaps renamed to Folder/File Request?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the message area editable on relay manual workflows

In manual workflows, it should be possible for the workflow starter to customize the message field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add more detailed information to Relay workflow tracking

When viewing the tracking for an individual document progressing through a workflow, the task completion status is not granular enough to tell if any or no assignees have completed a task. For example: if there were four people required to approve a step, and three had approved, but the last person hadn't, this level of detail is only visible from the activity pane on the document, not from the tracking in Relay.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Relay outcome based on File Type

Use Relay to take actions on files based on file type - e.g. ability to create a workflow that if X file is uploaded to a folder and is a .JPG, the outcome would be to add Z metadata or copy the file to Y folder, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Box Relay Lite email notification

The current behavior of "Box Relay Lite" is that workflow creator gets the approval notification.

The The expectations from us is that a notification email of the approval result will be sent to the approval requester who uploaded the file to the specified folder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base