Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File Request User Configuration - error messaging

When configuring File Request for "enable for select users", users remain in the list even if they have been deleted from Box. If you try to add a new user to the list, you will receive an error message. The reason for the error is because a deleted user is still in the list, however the error is a standard message and does not explicitly say this. So customers do not know why they are getting an error. There should be clearer messaging in the error so customers know what they need to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Relay Workflow to follow messages/ notifications to activities

It would be super helpful if you could use Box Relay to let a notification follow an activity. I know that you can generate tasks, but in that case I just want to let a certain group of users know that there is new content in a folder. A notification would be the best way to do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. create folder while making workflow

Allow users when they are building a relay workflow to have the ability to search through a folder structure and create a new folder when they are building a new flow.

This would eliminate the issue of users having to have a predefined folder structure before making the workflow and make it significantly easier to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send notification after approved/rejected status change

To improve the real-time collaboration (Task activity) within each team and the team members. Automated notifications sent out to team members indicating the APPROVED/REJECTED status would help). Presently the Team leader and members use the COMMENT feature to keep the team informed. I want more automated notifications as changes occur.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful if Box relay workflow tasks could be recurring on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis

Reports need pulled monthly, quarterly and yearly, it would be nice to have recurring tasks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box Relay: Action to move file to a folder named after Metadata attribute value

Currently, you can have a trigger based on a Metadata condition. We would like to be able to have the outcome File Action to move the file to a folder that is named based on this Metadata value.

For example, if there is a Metadata template with an Attribute called "Organization" with a possible value of "HR", then you could have a workflow to trigger when the metadata template is applied and the workflow outcome would move the file to a folder titled "HR".

For another example, you could use a metadata template containing a date field and then move…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Approve each file separately for a manual start with multiple files

We want to approve each file separately for a manual start with multiple files.

For example, I get an application for three files and I want to turn back only one of them, but as it stands, I need to turn back all three. The applicant has to choose three files again and re-apply, which is very time-consuming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. File Request Timestamp

File request duplicate timestamps:

When we upload files with same file name via the file request link, time stamp will be automatically added to end of the file name in UTC+0000.

We would like a way to select the timezone used to add the timestamp (maybe the timezone abbreviation can be specified at the end of the file name timestamp for when other collaborators view it)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide the ability to customize the message that is sent to workflow participants when starting a Relay workflow.

I have a review workflow that I want to use repeatedly. Each time I start the workflow I have specific instructions that I want the workflow participants to see. This is usually a complete timeline for the review cycle in which the current review might be the first or subsequent steps.

My workaround right now is to send a separate email to the workflow participants, but this means they get 2 emails about the same review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assign Relay task to person who completed previous task.

If you create a task and assign it to multiple users, say Tom, Bill and Susan where only 1 person needs to complete it, I want to be able to automatically assign the subsequent task to the person that completed the preceding task. For example, if Susan is the person that completes task 1, I would want the subsequent task to be assigned to Susan only, eliminating Bill and Tom from the process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show Favorites/Collections when using Copy/Move

I often move things to a particular folder over and over again. It sure would be nice to see my Favorites in the Move/Copy window!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allowing further personal branding in the "File Request" link.

Currently only able to edit title and add a description but would be link to put company logo within link.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File Request Scripting

Customer would like to use File Request instead of FTP, however, there is no way to script a automatic process to upload via file request.

We have a vendor that needs to upload files to us. They have an automated/scripted process using FTP so wanted to know if there was a way to do the same via File Request, otherwise it would be a manual process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. File Request Link API: Get a file_request object by folder's ID

The file request link is a very useful feature.
    The advantage of being able to operate from the API is great.
    Next, I want to be able to get the file_request object from the folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to start 'manual start' workflows at levels other than editor

It would be great for the workflow owner to be able to set a lower level of permission to be able to kick of certain manual start workflows. The use case is that a client has a bunch of reference documents that they don't want their general audience to be able to download or edit, but still want them to be able to request changes to be made as part of a formalised process. At present those people can still annotate and comment, but the team making the changes can't track what's being asked, and so have to manually keep…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request a file link for Editors

Many of my customers are requesting for Editors to have the ability to generate request a file links. Owners and Co-Owners have very omniscient capabilities for folder configurations that Editors may not need (nor do the Owners want them to have) but because Editors do much of the editing and information creation/modification, it would be helpful if they could have the ability to request content.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. options dialog when moving and file already exists in destination

Currently, when a file is in the process of being moved from one folder to other and a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder, an error message is given and the operation is candelled.
    Maybe an options dialog would be better, asking the user if they want to overwrite (add a new version of) the file, or rename either of the files within the dialog.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to start Box Relay workflow by selecting folder.

Currently, users are not able to start workflow by selecting folder. Customer store contract, project schedule worksheet, and project documents within a folder and like to move the folder to another folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base