Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

209 results found

1. When saving a file or creating a new folder can the name start to auto-fill?

It would be great when saving a file or creating a folder the name would start to auto-fill to help with naming consistencies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

Currently, the BoxCLI is only available to administrators.
    We have received requests from non-administrative Box users to do their own work from the command line.
    This is a very strong request.
    Please create a BoxCLI that can be used by general users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. collaborate at "all files/root" level

It would be nice if you could add a collaborator at the "all files" or root level, so that they would have access to any future folders created. For example we have folders created for each year and now we have to make sure we remember to add collaborators to the next years folder when it gets created. Versus if we had collaboration at the root level they would automatically be included when the next years folder is created.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, are you interested in knowing about spelling/grammar/usage errors in Box online training, not incl British vs American English?

Grammar and spelling police here. Just wondering if you'd like errors pointed out so you can correct them. Allowing grammar and spelling errors in training materials, especially those offered online, makes Box seem unprofessional and shady -- like a phishing email or letter from an online lottery telling me I've won money. I've found five errors on just the first page of the Get the apps you need lesson, and they're not British v. American English differences.
    Happy to send screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shared Link Defaults

A way to force reset everyone to the enterprise default for shared link permission level.
    +
    A setting that would allow only a subset of users to have the broader level of sharing – say there is opt 1 – people in company / opt 2 people in company + invited / opt 3 people in company + invited + anyone with the link

Ex. So the enterprise default for all users would be locked down to a max of option 2 (giving users opt 1 & 2 as choices) – we could allow a small subset option 3 (giving…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box CLI: Don't require "type" on box trash:get.

The standard box files:get command does not require a type (so you can actually pull the type by using the get.
    The Trash version of this command requires a type. This means that you have to basically try all three types in order to know which restore command to use (or any other trash command). If you could simply "get" the type, it would make things much easier, and more consistent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Function to disable comments, tasks, and version history when "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" is enabled in the "P

We would like a function to disable comments, tasks, and version history when "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" is enabled in the "Privacy" folder settings.

If you invite multiple external collaborators, you don't want external people to detect who you are inviting.
    There is a function to hide collaborators, but if invited external users use comments, tasks, version history, it will be possible to see who is invited, so we would like to disable these functions I do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Backups

It would be very helpful if there was a way to automatically back up all my files on Box.com into a different Box account or possibly onto another site or server somewhere.

I say this because I would like to give certain employees the ability to delete so they can reorganize my files, but I'm concerned that some day someone will somehow accidentally delete all my files. It would be nice to have period backups that I could rely on automatically.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make entries in boxpulse dated.

Make the entries in boxpulse marked with a date, so we know how old an issue or suggestion is

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please stop removing features and services for paying Personal Pro accounts; or give us the chance to upgrade without 3 users min

I have been paying for Personal Pro since 2014. Since then I have been paying the same amount every month, and have had features and services removed.

First was tracking file downloads/views. Then this week I lost the ability to make Custom URLs.

When I asked about my options, I was told that I could upgrade to a Business account; but for that I'd need a minimum of 3 users. I am a freelancer and work by myself. I have no need to pay for 3 users when it's just me.

I think it's completely unprofessional and unethical to not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. whatsapp URL

Cannot display file or folder name when i post a box share link in Whatsapp, while dropbox share link can display the shared file or folder name in whatsapp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Rethink how customer feedback is handled for support tickets

I open A LOT of support tickets with Box as I'm the primary escalation point for support in my enterprise.

After every Box support ticket is solved and closed by the Box tech, I get an automated "how did we do" survey email.

I get that you guys want customer feedback but forcing it down customers' throats for EVERY ticket that is solved is not the right approach. They just become repetitive and get to the point of being annoying.

I've found a solution to get around this annoyance by creating rules to scan for common subject line text and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If Box can have a feature for contents from Box be easily migrate to our Company's Share Point site as archival items, that will be helpful.

The documents and photos for our existing stores are no longer needed to be shared with any outside vendors. We would like to migrate and archive those information within our company's share point site. Currently Box doesn't have that a feature for a easy migration. Instead, items will need to be downloaded as a zip file first. It takes time and the process is tedious. If Box can have a migrate feature that can allow the Admin to move Box content back to our desire Share Point site, that will be very helpful.. don't you all think?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve overall support response times

Overall support response times for Box standard support have been terrible as of late. I understand that most staff are working from home but this does not justify >3 day response times on tickets where functionality within your products is broken and is hindering productivity.

Did you fire half of your support staff?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  JoeChang responded

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have escalated your support ticket.

15. HP

Adquiri un computador portatil marca HP y en el aparece que tengo derecho a 25 gb en la nube de por vida en BOX queria saber como puedo obtenerlos? gracias

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have cursor be in New Folder name input upon selecting New/Folder

This used to happen automatically but now when a user creates a new folder, they have to click into the folder name input box; last month, this was not an issue (i.e., when a user clicked New, then Folder, they could instantly start typing the name of the new folder and then click Create to make the folder).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Advance warning before password expiry

Please add advance warning before password expiry.

As of today, when password expires box disconnects you with no prior warning. Unsaved work may be lost, it may be an inconvenient time to reset password etc.

It would be helpful if Box sends an advanced notice, allowing the user to reset password several days prior to final expiry .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add the extension of .textgrid to the acceptable list of extensions.

Please add the extension of .textgrid to the acceptable list of extensions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase Basic upload limit during COVID-19 stay home mandate?

At least during this crisis, could you allow for a much higher upload limit, say 1GB? Please? Your user interface is the very best for those who are unfamiliar with large file transfers and there are many people unfamiliar right now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. layout for accepting custom terms of service needs improving for lower resolution screens

I just had to change to another device, from my laptop, in order to make the "accept" button visible on a custom terms of service popup. Any click outside the popup dismissed it so scrolling didn't work to gain access to the button.

The screen in question is 768 vertical resolution, so not too unusual, and there was a lot of unnecessary vertical white space on the popup that pushed the button off screen.
    Browser was Chrome on windows.

Simply making this popup less high, or moving the button away from the lower corner, would enable a much better sign…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base