Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

667 results found

1. BOX Drive - Block local file/folder creation if user does not have write access

We do not allow creation of root folder in BOX. Also certain folders are read only for select staff. When using BOX Drive if they try to add content to an area they only have read access, the content is listed and appears to the employee, that they uploaded it to BOX. There is a tiny red dot but to many this is not sufficient to let them know the data is not being protected. Please configure BOX drive to not allow a local creation of content within the local BOX path if they do not have editor rights at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to download all files returned from a search

I am searching for files spread through multiple folders and I want to download all the files that are the result of the search. The only way I've found is to keep scrolling down — again and again — until all the files are displayed, then select all and download.

But, there are a lot of resulting files and the scrolling is going on forever.

Is there a way to just have Box download all the files that fit a search?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Taskbar icon overlay for Box Drive to indicate if there are any "Problem Items"

Currently for Box Drive (for Windows) you have to go into the program then Box Drive Settings to view if there are any problem files. Most users will never do this.

Ideally there should be a red exclamation overlay on the taskbar icon if there are any problem files and they should be shown immediately when you click to open Box Drive.

This would help end users to see that not all their files are syncing and then ideally also show them the local path of the problem file (that they can click on to access) AND also give them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings

We’ve been using Box Drive since launch, and it’s been an incredible improvement in our workflow. Only a small issue has made it notably less useful in saving time, and is a known issue documented here (community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Known-Issues..)

Our file name and directory lengths are wider than the default for Box Drive/Windows. Normally Windows remembers preferences around column width, but in this case, as you know, Box Drive does not. This causes us to have to manually resize the “Name” field in every folder/directory, every time we access one. Therefore each user is having to do this perhaps dozens of times…

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  26 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer preview of images for Box Drive or Box Sync.

As a designer, when working on a publication, it would be helpful to be able to have a preview of images saved in Box for quicker identification directly from the Desktop Box Drive. Right now, we have to preview with Finder, which is an additional step and makes the process cumbersome. Thank you for your consideration.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

cannot log into box. its reports this in the App on my mac. i can log into the web fine. what do i do?

You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove "Global Share" and "Personal" folders

The additional folders make data retrieval, data organization and data sharing more cumbersome. It ultimately hinders the digital transformation initiative as other, more traditional tools, are not subjected to the additional folder structure. Shared Drives and SharePoint for example have no segregated folders, simply one place where data is shared and data organization is determined by the end users. Also, the security notification may be handled with a simple notification banner instead as is the case on SharePoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How do log into Drive, we'd all like to know. Horrible UX

The simple task of being able to login to Drive. I was forced out and can't for the life of me get the login screen to pop up. I have looked at your search, and you only have a log out option, which also doesn't work. I have googled "how do you log into box DRIVE" and the only thing that comes up is how to log into your via a browser. Why is it this hard to log into a service ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Working on same file simultaneously

Possibility in Box Drive - (and also in any other application (online, app,..))- to lock a file (e.g. Excel file) automatically as soon as one user is in the document.
    Therefore, if the next user wants to open the same file while one user is already working on it, it gets immediately a message like "Read only". As soon as the user is out of the file, and no user has opened the file, whoever wants to open it, can open it without any warnings in editor mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recommend an automated, timed backup onto a secure Duke folder for ToolKit folders/files to improve deleted file recovery options fora team

Recommend an automated, timed backup onto a secure Duke folder for ToolKit folders/files to improve deleted file recovery options for a team. Now it appears that recovery of files that were deleted in a shared Duke Box Toolkit folder can only be recovered by the individual that deleted the file (not the co-owner or admin without the assistance of the individual that performed the deletion). For critical files this is a security risk to just store the files on the Box Drive because it severely limits identifying and recovering deleted files. The individual that deletes the file could do it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a 'description' for folder and files at the top of the page, just below the folder/file name.

A description of the folder at the top of the page will save time for our users, stakeholders and team members. It can be used as a way to describe what a user can expect to find in a given folder; and if this option extends in all sub-folders and files, it can help save a lot of time, bandwidth, and storage.

The following format example will work well:

Account name > Project name > Research files

In this folder, you will find data about the project research and all the research files that are available. For any information on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I cannot use the box application the same way I use my macpro server or windows server drives.

Would be nice on enterprise files that you allow me to use BOX in the same way I use MacPro or windows server application. Limiting my files and the speed they can use has pushed me to go to AWS and use it natively - ie not use your application because I cannot backup my VMWARE fusion files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Manually update on box drive

Customer wants 'Manually update' function on Box Drive.
    Box Drive is often delay to update but they wants to update box drive as soon as possible.
    Could you please implement?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Box Drive: Display pop up warning when content is moved to external folder

Just like below warning pop-up displayed in WebApp, Box Drive shall pop up a warning to let the user know the item ownership will be changed to external user, when moved to external folder. (also to prevent accidental moves)

Change Item Owner
    By moving this item you will be transferring ownership to John Doe (john.doe@boxsample1[.]com) at Box Sample1 Company. In some cases, you may not be able to undo this action based on restrictions in the destination location.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap. We will place this in our backlog as we continue evaluating ideas to improve Box Drive.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

15. ACCESS MULTIPLE WORKSPACES ON BOX DESKTOP DRIVE

Hi,

I run a small agency and more clients are asking me to work directly in their Box server. The problem is that I can't log into several different Box workspaces on the Desktop App (like you can in Slack for example). Please help! I may have to go back to Dropbox for this reason.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box Drive compatibility with MacOS Big Sur

It appears Box Drive uses a legacy extension no longer supported with the latest MacOS release, Big Sur.

In addition, the new M1 based machines have been widely applauded for their performance and battery life. I assume this will translate to increased sales.

So when you do make Box apps Big Sur compatible, I would recommend building a universal app supporting both Intel and Apple Silicon.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Box Drive support for Tags (Windows)

We would like to be able to use tags in Box Drive in order to better sort/filter/search for specific information that is used company-wide (either the tags field in MS Office files or a Box-specific tag). I see several requests for this feature from Mac users, but not much reference for Windows users.

Thanks...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help me find all the folders on my Box Drive that I have set to Offline.

I set some folders of images, PDFs and other assets I use a lot to 'Offline' in Box Drive, also for projects I'm working on. However, over time this means a lot of syncing to my drive or for security reasons I want to put everything to Online. I'd love a way to search for all folders that are set to Offline so I can set all or some back to Online. As an alternative, one button in Box Drive that puts all Offline folders back to Online so I know I'm 100% in the cloud again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. File appearing in Recent files after upload to box drive

Very often, I create a file through an app into Box Drive and I'd like to see it directly into my Recent files in Box drive, that would be helpful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Box Drive: Display pop up warning when copy / move large number of items

Just like below warning pop-up displayed in WebApp, Box Drive shall pop up a warning to let the user know when large number of files / folders are going to be copied / moved.  (also to prevent accidental copies / moves)

Copy Items

(!) This operation is not immediate and may take some time.

You are about to copy 9000 items to the folder 'Project Folder 01'. Due to the large number of items, this operation may take up to several hours to complete. During this operation, content within this folder may not be available for access. Do you want…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base