Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One of the link icons should merely copy the url instead of a pop up window

I was told by someone on your Twitter team to send my feedback here. Essentially on the row of each file or folder in box there are two icons in which you can click to access the link for that file or folder if you have created a share link. One of them should merely copy the link to the clipboard instead of bringing up that window where are you can invite people etc. Ideally the icon in the middle to the left of the date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Really need a better way for individuals to organize folders on their Box Drive

I see some ideas under consideration, and amazingly adding Collections to Box Drive is not one of them. Box Drive urgently needs a better way for individual users to organize contents without affecting the online heirachy for everyone else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow me to stop Box Drive without hiding the Box contents

If I stop Box Drive (right click on the icon and choose exit), the Box folder disappears, even though I've marked all folders for available offline.

I sometimes am in a location with a very low data cap, and the costs for exceeding the quota are very steep. If I store a file in Box from another device, when my computer connects and Box Drive is running, then it will attempt to sync and download any files.

On my old Windows 10 computer, I didn't have this issue. The Box folder stayed around, and I could even add files to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Box Drive in full screen mode

1 - Box Drive Icon on the Task Bar should Open the Box Drive Search Tool, not the Bod Drive Folder in Windows Explorer.

2 - The Box Drive application should open up on full-screen view, with the BOX Folders on the left (as in Windows Explorer) - With the Box Search Tool on the right. This will go a VERY LONG way to help new users to "get comfortable with" / transition to BOX!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adds the ability to hide the notifications that appear when you open an auto-locked file on a box drive for all tenant users.

Tenants that automatically lock files in Box Drive will be notified that when another user opens a file that is already open from Box Drive, the file will be locked and opened in read-only mode.
    Add the ability to hide this notification for the entire tenant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Native searching in Box on Windows 10

Previously, you were able to search natively using Box Drive and Box Sync on Windows 7. Windows 10 has been out for a good amount of time now and since Box had an update that removed Box Sync in favor of the Box Drive application, it has become much more difficult to search through thousands of files using the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B shortcut as this panel does not show as many results as compared to previous versions of Box. I would like to see a feature in Box that will let me search through all my files in Box through File Explorer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enhancement for Box Drive Auto lock/unlock

We would like to see the lock owner name and the duration when a user opens a locked file. Also, we would like to get a notification when the lock gets released

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Request to improve speed of renaming folders/files in Box Drive

■Request
    I would like you to speed up the process of renaming folders/files in Box Drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a new way to change the maximum cache size of Box Drive without having to make a personal registry change.

In Box Drive, as described in the link below, Modifying the maximum cache limit requires a registry change.
    However, in many companies, end users do not have the skills or authority to modify the registry.

We would like you to work on a way to achieve this other than by changing the registry when modifying the maximum cache limit.

■Technical Information for Box Drive Administrators
     Modifying the maximum cache limit:
     https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043695894-Technical-Information-for-Box-Drive-Administrators

<Box Driveの最大キャッシュサイズを個人的なレジストリの変更なしに変更できる方法を追加してください。>

以下のリンクで説明されているように、キャッシュの最大制限を変更するにはレジストリの変更が必要です。
    しかし、多くの企業では、エンドユーザーにはレジストリを変更するスキルや権限がありません。

キャッシュの最大制限を変更時にレジストリを変更する以外の方法で実現できるように工夫していただきたいです。

■Box Drive管理者向け技術情報
     キャッシュ上限値の変更:
     https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/360043695894

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add configuration option to hide the right-hand sidebar automatically

When a file is opened, the right-hand sidebar is open by default. My preference is to have it closed, so I must close it each time. Please add a configuration option that would allow for users to set that sidebar closed at startup by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Applying classification labels in Box Drive.

When using Box Drive, classification labels are not visible in Windows Explorer.  Is there a way to apply classification labels without going to the web interface? 

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Directly link between box drive and box for outlook & box notes

Currently, Box for outlook can only access to box online which requires authentication each time which is not a smart process. Could we have box for outlook link directly to box drive to save and upload files instead? This will be more efficient for box drive users.

Also have the same issue with box notes. This cannot be accessed directly to/from box drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Being able to map a box drive as a mapped drive in Windows

Being able to map a box drive as a mapped drive in Windows

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Autosave in Box Drive

I don't understand why this isn't already happening, but please create an Autosave function for Box Drive that saves content every few minutes automatically. This way, when your computer crashes and you were working on a file in Box Drive, you won't lose 6 hours of work just because you didn't hit the save button. Same as OneDrive- your competitor. Please see if you can make this update soon. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SSO multi-zone assignment through Box Drive log in

We have an enterprise initiative to start leveraging Box drive through our file share migration to Box. The usage is expected to be high within our enterprise since we are working towards enabling Box as an enterprise level application. Since we are a global company, we have requirements regarding data residency and data location within Box. While Zones provide that functionality, through our testing we found the Zone assignment doesn't change when the login is initiated from Box Drive, it only changes when you log through Web UI.
    Although the workaround is pretty obvious and have people log in through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want you to be able to save the marked-up PDF data stand alone,or print.

I want you to be able to save the marked-up PDF data stand alone,or print.
    Now, every member can mark up PDF data at once, but we cannot save the data as evidence or log of checking. if we can save the data as marked-up PDF in local folder it helps us very much.Because we who work for building architecture, have to check

thousands of drawings and have to save these checked data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have sync centralised in cloud and automatically sync between website and computers

Keep the concept in Box Sync where you choose what folders you want to sync on Box.com or via Box Drive on computer. Then Box.com and all computers using Box Drive should sync those folders. I don't understand why we currently use "Make Available Offline" feature to individualise syncing for each computer instead for all computers of same account.

Also, documentation says you lose these offline files once you log out of Box Drive. That's a pain if you have to redo choosing which folders to make available offline.

Overall, sync like in Box Sync is a more desirable feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restore box links

Restore an original Box Link in case a QR Code is created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I use Box Drive,my computer's local Recycle is not available ?

Whenever a file is deleted from my computer's local Box Drive, it doesn't go in the trash itself. I am not able to see the file in my computer's local trash, it has synched to Box Driver in the first place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Box Drive User installer

Similar to Box Tools, requesting user installer capabilities

For reference: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043695834-Large-Scale-Deployments-Box-Tools

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base