Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add faster playback speed for audio files (1.1-2x)

Pretty self explanatory, would allow for optimal audiobook/podcast/Mp3 playback

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to restrict the installation of the desktop application by user

Is it possible to add a feature to the management console that allows me to limit the installation of desktop applications (Box Drive, Box Note, etc.) per managed user?

Once this is achieved, there will be more control over which desktop applications a corporate user can install.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Box Drive Backup Controls

Please allow me to use Box Drive to backup files to the cloud (not sync them). Allow me to designate folders where I add files that are (a) added to the cloud and (b) removed from local storage. Allow me to choose when the removal happens (e.g. every night at midnight).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ability to change default zoom settings

Be able to change the default zoom percent after opening files on the box page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tags and comments in Box Drive

Is there a way to see the tags in Box Drive? Right now I have to view box on the browser to see the tags for each file. Is there some option to view the tags in Box Drive without having to go to box.com each time?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to logout and delete cache from Box Drive on OS reboot

Currently, it is necessary to logout/login to clear the cache and errors, but this is troublesome.
    The burden of performing this operation on a regular basis is on the end user.

It would be easier to use if the logout/deletion of the cache could be done on OS reboot.
    (If it automatically re-logon after restarting OS, that would be even better)

現状ではキャッシュやエラーをクリアするためにログアウト/ログインする必要がありますが、これは手間がかかります。
    この操作を定期的に行うのはエンドユーザーに負担がかかってしまいます。

OS の再起動時にログアウト/キャッシュの削除ができればより便利だと思います。
    (OS の再起動後に自動的に再ログオンするようになれば更に良いと思います。)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Jump to the same path on Box Drive directly from Box Web

Like Dropbox app, we would like a capability to move directly from Box Web to Box Drive. The usecase behind this is that we want to edit a file from Box Drive not Box Edit but want to search on Box Web.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BOX Drive - Block local file/folder creation if user does not have write access

We do not allow creation of root folder in BOX. Also certain folders are read only for select staff. When using BOX Drive if they try to add content to an area they only have read access, the content is listed and appears to the employee, that they uploaded it to BOX. There is a tiny red dot but to many this is not sufficient to let them know the data is not being protected. Please configure BOX drive to not allow a local creation of content within the local BOX path if they do not have editor rights at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

cannot log into box. its reports this in the App on my mac. i can log into the web fine. what do i do?

You are no longer logged in. Box Drive will now quit. Please restart the app and login again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove "Global Share" and "Personal" folders

The additional folders make data retrieval, data organization and data sharing more cumbersome. It ultimately hinders the digital transformation initiative as other, more traditional tools, are not subjected to the additional folder structure. Shared Drives and SharePoint for example have no segregated folders, simply one place where data is shared and data organization is determined by the end users. Also, the security notification may be handled with a simple notification banner instead as is the case on SharePoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do log into Drive, we'd all like to know. Horrible UX

The simple task of being able to login to Drive. I was forced out and can't for the life of me get the login screen to pop up. I have looked at your search, and you only have a log out option, which also doesn't work. I have googled "how do you log into box DRIVE" and the only thing that comes up is how to log into your via a browser. Why is it this hard to log into a service ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Box Drive: Support ARM processors

The new Microsoft Surface Pro X uses an ARM based processor and Box Drive doesn't support ARM processors. I'm sure use of the ARM processors will increase rapidly since it allows for much longer battery life and support cellular data connections.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While the original post was about the Microsoft Surface Pro X support for ARM and when Box Drive will support that, many of the recent comments have been about Box Drive M1 support on Mac. We do not have plans for Windows ARM support at this time, but we are far along on our plans for M1 support on Mac. We’re targeting a release for Box Drive built using file provider extensions, which will provide seamless access of Drive on M1 devices. This will be GA soon.

13. Ability to close the black box at bottom of documents containing zoom features, pages and other editing tools

A black box appears on the pdf documents we use.
    It contains zoom features, pages and other editing tools.
    Unfortuantely, it blocks important client info on our documents.
    Many times you can't get it to disappear.
    Would like a function where you could close the box on command, and then refresh if you want it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a 'description' for folder and files at the top of the page, just below the folder/file name.

A description of the folder at the top of the page will save time for our users, stakeholders and team members. It can be used as a way to describe what a user can expect to find in a given folder; and if this option extends in all sub-folders and files, it can help save a lot of time, bandwidth, and storage.

The following format example will work well:

Account name > Project name > Research files

In this folder, you will find data about the project research and all the research files that are available. For any information on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I cannot use the box application the same way I use my macpro server or windows server drives.

Would be nice on enterprise files that you allow me to use BOX in the same way I use MacPro or windows server application. Limiting my files and the speed they can use has pushed me to go to AWS and use it natively - ie not use your application because I cannot backup my VMWARE fusion files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot use Microsoft explorer search function for Box Drive

I cannot use the Microsoft explorer search function to select all the pictures stored offline in my box Drive directory under several sub directories using *.jpg function. I use Box to save a back up of my picture files. The only solution was to duplicate a separate directory with the sub directories of all the picture files in my hard drive and use *.jpg to select the pictures to play in the slide slow. This problem is NOT there for Drop Box or Mega directories where Microsoft explorer search function works fine. The native Box search function cannot be used…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer preview of images for Box Drive or Box Sync.

As a designer, when working on a publication, it would be helpful to be able to have a preview of images saved in Box for quicker identification directly from the Desktop Box Drive. Right now, we have to preview with Finder, which is an additional step and makes the process cumbersome. Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Windows 10 on ARM Support for Box Drive

Currently, Box Drive does not function on devices running Windows 10 on ARM.

ARM-based PCs are already taking over the Apple desktop and laptop ecosystem. Following that trend, Windows on ARM will likely become an increasingly important OS in the marketplace. Box Drive is an essential app for many Box users on Windows, and support will be necessary as the world migrates to ARM-based PCs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open shared links in Windows Explorer

It would be great having the option for shared links to be opened in the Windows Explorer directly (if Box Drive / Box Sync is installed). Today, when a shared link is clicked, e.g. on Slack, it opens in the web browser, adding complexity to the workflow (e.g. having to log in, limited editing functionality, etc.). Most of our team today revert to clicking the shared link just to identify the location of the file in the browser, then finding and opening the file manually on Box Drive.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

20. Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings

We’ve been using Box Drive since launch, and it’s been an incredible improvement in our workflow. Only a small issue has made it notably less useful in saving time, and is a known issue documented here (community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Known-Issues..)

Our file name and directory lengths are wider than the default for Box Drive/Windows. Normally Windows remembers preferences around column width, but in this case, as you know, Box Drive does not. This causes us to have to manually resize the “Name” field in every folder/directory, every time we access one. Therefore each user is having to do this perhaps dozens of times…

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base