Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

125 results found

1. Allow inheritance in folder structure

Windows allows for folders to enable or disable inheritance from Parent folder to Child folders. This is needed in BOX so collaborators who don't need access or shouldn't have access to certain Child folders within a Parent folder can still navigate where access is needed and not expose sensitive data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create Folder For New User

Create Folder For New User

Within the old UI, an admin had the option to create a new folder while adding a new user. Within the new UI, they do not have this ability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Collect price offers that are published at a specific time

Would like to be able to create a user where the user can upload offers for a job. BUT the information must first be published to everyone including admin at a specified time.
    In other words, holding a tender via box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allowing admins to sort by what folder permissions a user has so we can mirror those for another user

allowing admins to sort by what folder permissions a user has so we can mirror those for another user. Right now, I can't sort by permissions under a user. I have to manually scroll down the whole folder structure and then have another window open with the user that needs the same permissions to the same folders, and add them manually. Why can't we sort by folder owner, or permission?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Group permission and deleting data

We would like the ability to modify the Editor group so it cannot delete data, or another role added that can support this. We need a group that can edit/rename files, but not delete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Blind Guide - Instructions for new collaborators

I wish to state my ongoing frustration with sharing collaborative folders with my clients via box. The instructions for me, as part of a subscribed user group, are clear. The instructions for a new user who we invite to collaborate ARE NOT. You put me in a position of the blind guide when the client or collaborator asks me for help getting to the files – and Box has not provided sufficient instructions. I suspect Box assumes because I have logged into box as a new user once in the past, that I know how to coach a new user…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure AD Group Provisioning

Enable Azure AD Group Provisioning via SCIM.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Grant customized permissions to users/automation process, as per business requirements.

Grant customized permissions to users/automation process, as per business requirements. Restricting permissions completely, cripples the automation system. Create additional permissions or permission groups to manage the Collaboration Space allotted to the client's business.
    The client will define the required permission for users, and they will own any responsibility for their resources on Box.
    We are performing automation using RPA, with limited access, unable to automate to maximum extent. Cannot be raising tickets with Box team for every activity that the bot cannot perform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Associate Group with Shared Email Address

In Enterprise User Management tools such as GSuite and Active Directory, it is very common to have a group specifically for Distribution lists or shared email inboxes.

It would be helpful if, within Box groups, a group could be associated with such an email address.

This email would be able to receive notifications when the group is granted access to a folder or assigned a task (another request I have seen).

Important, this shared email address must not be associated with a system user account; otherwise a user seat would have to be used for the account, which isn't helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. App sign in to specific folder

I use an iPad app to manage PDFs of sheet music. I can sign into Box from the app, but I don't want to grant access to my ENTIRE BOX FOLDER TREE. I want to limit the app to read-only access to a specific folder and its descendants. Is there a way to do this? Can I set up a pseudo-login that accesses just a portion of my tree?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Grant users with "Viewer Uploader" permissions, the ability to name subfolders they create.

If a user is granted "Viewer Uploader" has edit permissions and can create subfolders inside of a folder they have permission, why don't the have the permissions to name that subfolder?

I would like to see permissions changed to allow subfolder created by someone with "Viewer Uploader" permissions to be able to at least name the folder that person just created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Edit User Access permissions - View Options Needed

It would be great to see the following enhancements made to the Edit User Access permissions section of the User page; specifically the 'Select folders this user can access' section:
    1) Allow for columns to be Expanded to see the entire folder name
    2) Include a sort option to these columns in order to sort by folder name, owner, file size, or Access level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No (additonal) Box license should be needed for external guests who have their own box domain

Guest access should be useable with all Box subscriptions. No (additional) Box license should be necessary.

Also if guests have their own box domain, no (additional) Box license should be necessary for both parties.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop or modify instant suspension of new user email addresses on account setup, or give admins access to your blocklist

When a new user account is set up, a confirmation email is automatically sent to the login address for the account. Currently, if this message is bounced, the user's email address is immediately placed on your block list.

So - I create a new staff email account in 365, then use that email address to set up a Box account. Box immediately sends a confirmation email message - but 365 is having a slow day and the gateway hasn't yet caught up with accepting messages for that address. The confirmation message is bounced, and the user's email address is immediately…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need Permission level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor

Viewer/Uploader is good, but, not good enough for all use cases; and Editor is too much--especially for external collaborators.

External collaborators need to be able to fix problems they accidentally create (e.g. uploading the wrong file) or wanting to change the name of a folder when they realize that the current name may be confusing (who hasn't done that?).

I agree with others' comments that there needs to be a permissions level between Viewer/Uploader and Editor. I can see at least four possible solutions:

1) Allow collaborators to rename a folder/file. This could help with the accidental upload as well…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invite an external guest who has an email domain connected to a box enterprise account, but is not licensed.

Invite an external guest who has an email domain connected to a box enterprise account, but is not licensed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prevent paid accounts from inviting free accounts with the same corporate e-mail domain

It'd be good If managed users can't invited free accounts who has the same e-mail domain or notify Admin immediately so Box users can comply with fair use policy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to exclude certain email addresses from accessing public links.

Some links are shared with individuals both in and out of the organization. When the individuals move on, they no longer need access to our folders. It would be great if we could exclude their email addresses from future access.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tenant Admin and Co-Admin can check group members from the collaborator list

If the group permission setting is set to "Admins only", only the user who is the gouroup admin can display the members of the group from the collaborator list of the invited folder.

Tenant admin and co-admin cannot be set as group admin.
    Even if you are a member of a group or have been invited to the same folder, you will not be able to see the members of the group without navigating to the admin console.

We request functional improvements so that tenant admin and co-admin can easily check from the collaborator list.

(日本語)
    テナントの管理者・共同管理者がコラボレータ一覧からグループのメンバーを確認できる。
    グループの権限設定を「管理者のみ」にしている場合、招待されているフォルダのコラボレータ一覧からグループのメンバーを表示させることができるのは、グループの管理者となっているユーザーのみです。

テナントの管理者や共同管理者は、グループの管理者に設定することができないため、グループのメンバーに含まれていたり、同じフォルダに招待されていても、管理コンソールに移動しないとグループのメンバーを確認することができません。

テナントの管理者・共同管理者がコラボレータ一覧から簡単に確認できるように改善を要望します。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to customize collaborator privilege

Want to automate the task of "when the viewer / uploader notices the need to update a particular locked file, ask the editor to confirm and approve the file update"?
    To do this, from the perspective of user permissions, you need collaborator permissions that remove one permission from the viewer / uploader and grant one permission.

-Collaborator authority that grants manual workflow startup authority to viewer / uploader authority and cannot unlock files.

By realizing this authority, the following workflow can be automated in combination with Box Relay.

(1) Lock the approved document managed by the editor.
    (2) The viewer…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base