Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

124 results found

1. Keep Cost Center Field populated when user invited as a Managed user

If creating an account and you have to send the user an Invite to come over as a managed user, the Cost Center field (If filled out) will not stay after the user accepts the invite. Forcing you to have to go back and re-add info you may have already included.

I would request that if the Cost Center field is populated on a user creation, that it remain after an invited user accepts their invite to stop double work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Eliminate confirmation email for manually created or provisioned accounts

We feel that the confirmation email step should not be utilized with accounts that are manually created in the portal or that are auto provisioned from AD. When we create a new account, there is a "delay" with the new email address being propagated and established in our third-party cloud-based email security system. This causes the new email to be added to the hard bounce list at Box due to the email address not being valid (yet). We understand the need for a confirmation email when it comes to an individual user signing up, but if an account is created…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to have guest accounts

We'd like to have guest Box account for external vendors. Vendors are not allowed to create free Box accounts by their policy. In order to collaborate with external vendors, we'd like to have guest Box account for our vendors.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add second Box user name filed

There is First and Last name filed available now when Admin create Box user. When customer integrated with SSO in Japanese, active directory name will be used. However, some Box user will communicate with oversea members, they like to use English name, not Japanese name which synced with Active Directory. So, please add additional filed for user name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't reset password

Hi, I tried to reset my password 3 times but no notification email from box is received. Please help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to search by "co-owner" or "editor", I see we can "sort by owners" but that doesn't do any good for users.

We have detailers come in all the time we would like to be able to sort at the "All Folder" zone by "co-owner" or "editor" to ensure detailer gets put in all applicable folders. I see sort by "owner" but no one is that high in the group. the highest we're at is "co-owner" . the sorting feature would allow us to find, add and remove person(s) from folder(s) without having to open every folder and sort through all the users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sort colaborators list attached to a folder by their last name

As a teacher I add students to my folder as collaborators. If I want to make sure they are all in, I read my enrolment which is in sensible alphabetical order and have to check each name presence in "share list" in Box which is unsorted. This algorithm is O(n^2). If Box "shared list was sorted" it would be O(2*n). For 20 students that is difference between 400 and 40 compares. --thank you [add new category-- Usability]

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Changing Name in Profile

Right now, when I went to go change my name as it's shown in Box, I received an error message that said "Your name is invalid."

Is there another prompt we can use to not allow users to change their name? How do users update so that their correct name is shown in their profile for their collaborators?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group membership retained when an account is deactivated

We have scenarios where user accounts are suspended for a period of time e.g while a person is on extended leave. The business process is to disable the account in Active Directory which in turn deactivates the account in our SSO provider which also sets the account as Inactive in Box.

When the account is reactivated the person retains access to all the folders they were collaborating in but they lose membership to all Box groups and need to be re-added

We've also had incidents where accounts have mistakenly been deactivated resulting in the same issue

Generally we prefer to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Anyone can upload file via shared link

I want that through the shared link anyone who gets that link can be not only viewer but also uploader. This would be very helpful for us when collecting data,pictures, files - anything.
    It would be great to have option 1. viewer only option 2. viewer and uploader - that way we can choose if people can only view or view and upload.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Asign tasks in Office documents (Word, Powerpoint...)

I'm new to BOX (coming off business based on Google Platform) and have a few tips that would be awesome to have.

This is about collaborating better in teams and working on the document together.

Is there a chance to higlight a text in the Word/ Powerpoint - and asign that highlighted part to a team member? So on 1 slide I could potentially asign parts to different people to work on...

Thank you, Michael

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow choosing default Group permission setting for push groups

Currently all Box groups pushed from Okta are by default visible to anyone within the Company. We are starting to make extensive use of Box Group pushed from Okta and need those groups to be visible to Admins only to avoid Groups being invited by users to potentially large number of folders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. trash

Would like to have a permissions level where only the admins are able to permanently delete files from the trash. We dont need Governance, only the option to restrict users from permanently removing/deleting any company files/folders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add the dependencies of a shared folder/file to a group

When U share a file/folder with a group in the group sharing management into the admin console, You don't watch the dependencies and that may become a problem when you share a folder which is named as an existing one.
    To better undertand the situation:
    Imagine U have a template for a project. Every time You create a new project, You going to use the same template with the same structure. So, every time U share a folder with a group for a new project (i.e PURCHASE), U will watch a list of PURCHASE folders but no information from which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a reset password link is requested, check your internal block list and remove the email address if necessary.

Often we deal with users email addresses getting placed on Box's internal block list. Then a user might request a new password, but the email will never come in. In that scenario, if a user has requested a password reset email, you should check your block list for that user's email address and remove it if necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is there a user acitivity report to show the duration of a user the amount of time spent accessing a file?

To include in access statistic summary of how long the file was opened by a certain user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Indicate whether a user is a managed user or app user in Admin event stream

Adding a parameter in the Admin event stream which indicates whether the user that took an action was a managed user or app user would make it more efficient for administrators or analytics tools to separate activity by the different user types. In an active enterprise the volume of events may be very great, and having this additional level of specificity would simplify reporting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 409

On a 409 Name Conflict exception, the response does not contain the ID of the group in conflict, requiring the use of another API call to get the ID of the group with that name. Typically we recommend trying to find the group first, if the group is likely to have been created, but in the instance it is not, then 2 calls are, once again, necessary.

We have also seen instances where the group name search is not returning a valid result, and the logic can never find, nor create the group, causing a critical failure in the logic.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Not all user settings can be controlled via our APIs.

Some user settings are missing from our APIs
    eg: acknowledge collab invite, user avatar, mail notifications etc

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes