Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow groups to be added as collaborators in Relay “Add Collaborator” outcome

Would be great to be able to add a group of collaborators “Add Collaborator” outcome. Right now only single users are accepted as input.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better support for developer API

Insufficient support available for developer tools. Posted to forums yielded zero responses, how would you like to engage your platform?

all API calls yield useless error with no documentation:

error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4409827797011-Box-CLI-error-0909006C-PEM-routines-get-name-no-start-line

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add external collaborator's expiration date on collaboration report

In the collaboration report, there are invited date and accepted date, but there is no expiration date. Would it be possible to add expiration date in the collaboration report?
    Because it is too tough to confirm the expiration date one by one on the collaboration list page or using API, I demand the way to confirm enitre expiration date easily.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. System shall provide watermark capabilities that can be configured to include approval status, time zone, page number.

System shall provide watermark capabilities that can be configured to include approval status, time zone, page number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable option to turn off email notifications when inviting someone as a Collaborator.

Enable option to turn off email notifications when inviting someone as a Collaborator.

Google Workspace offers this already.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Workflows can be configured to allow participants to retroactively delegate/re-assign a review task without interrupting the workflow.

Workflows can be configured to allow participants to retroactively delegate/re-assign a review task without interrupting the workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to include the name of the triggered file in the subject line when sending Relay notifications

We would like to be able to include the name of the triggered file in the subject line when sending Relay notifications.
    We want to be able to easily check which file the notification is for when the user who received the notification receives the notification email.
    When a user receives a notification email, I want to be able to easily check which file it is for.
    (In Japanese)
    通知の相手に割り当てられたユーザーへの通知の際にファイル名を含めた通知を行いたい。
    通知を受け取ったユーザーが通知メールを受け取っても、どのファイルに対する通知なのかを
    簡単に確認できるようにしたい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Watermark of PDF and Excel files

We are not able to use watermark of PDF and Excel files on mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad. We would like to use this feature.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shield Suspicious Location User-Level Exclusion

Allow for user level exclusion for suspicious location alerts. This is helpful in the event that users are traveling across locations and various IP addresses.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

In Box Drive v2.21, it is possible to enable the ability to automatically lock/unlock files when they are opened in Box Drive by modifying the registry.
    However, it is difficult for end users to modify the registry, so we would like to see Box Drive include the feature to automatically lock/unlock files, or provide a configuration tool (such as a batch file for registry modification) to modify the registry.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sign: When my audience signs a contract, please add the option for me to be notified.

Sign: When my audience signs a contract, please add the option for me to be notified.

Currently, I am not notified when someone signs my contract.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sign: Give me option to configure any time period I want for when the contract expires, rather than being forced to choose pre-built options

Box Sign: Give me option to configure any time period I want for when the contract expires, rather than being forced to choose pre-built options

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't Use Buttons "Under" Green Update Box

Please fix this annoying issue. Currently when I upload a document or rename something, a green update box pops up at the top of my screen. When that confirmation happens, I'm not able to click on anything to the direct left or right of it (i.e. my search bar, more options sometimes, etc.) until it goes away or I specifically click the 'x'. It's like everything is "behind" the update box, and it gets a bit annoying when I'm renaming or uploading several things.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the buttons/features to the left and right of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Collaboration Allowlist - Ability to Download and Sort

On Admin Console enterprise settings > collaboration allowlist the domains are not in order and there’s no good way to search it. When you have more than 20 domains it becomes unusable for anything but adding. Need ability to sort/filter as well as export allowlist details.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Box Sign: Customer also wants to see email, rather than only name when selecting who to send a contract to.

Box Sign: Customer also wants to see email, rather than only name when selecting who to send a contract to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Capture time spent on the Box Resource

Time spent on the Box Resource

We would like to get information on the amount of time spent on a particular resource(viz like pdf, ppt etc). We looked into the api documentation and could not find this info.

when a user views a certain resource we want to log the time the user spent on the resource.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to duplicate flows within a Relay

The ability to duplicate or copy flows within a single Relay. Allows users to easily create multiple flows with minor differences between them within a single Relay workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Require approval when sharing content with a business justification

Current access policy allows for external collaboration with a valid business justification, but we would also like to have the admin or folder owner approve the request to share externally, before the collaboration is sent. The current design doesn't allow for any validation and could potentially lead to content being shared with a restricted audience. Once the exception is approved, the collaboration could be set.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive for Mac

With Enhanced Locking on Box Drive now launched for Windows (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063653693-Box-Drive-v2-21-Release-Notes), it'll be great to have the same experience, i.e. opening a file will prompt the user to lock the file and auto-unlock the file when closing the file, for Mac users.

This way all users, no matter what OS they use, can have the same Enhanced Locking experience when working with files via Box Drive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Box Sign - Executed documents as attachments, Logo display, Notary

Please add box sign final executed documents as attachments and not just links
    Please add a logo option for the email distribution
    Please add a notary option
    (all of these are current docusign functions)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base