Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding Company Information to Users to Prevent Wrong User Invitations

When I invite a user with Box, information other than the email address is not displayed, so I think it is possible to invite another user by mistake.

In order to solve this problem, I think it is necessary to display not only the email address and name but also the company information that the user belongs to when inviting the user.

For managed users, we want to make it possible to register company affiliation information in account settings and so on, so that it can be displayed when inviting collaborators.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Menus are cut off and unusable

When I select one of the files closest to the top of the list, the menu options for "open with" and sometimes "download" are cut off. No matter how I resize my screen I can't reach those menu items. This is an issue across multiple computers, usually using Chrome.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams and Box Notes integration

Being able to view Box note files without login required within the Microsoft Teams desktop platform. Ideally you would also be able to edit Box notes within the MT platform or have a link that opens the note up in your Box notes desktop so you can easily find and edit the document through MT, rather than open up Box online or Box notes to dig around and find the note.

Anyone else find the process a bit cumbersome?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the optional message text on Shared Link Email to the event in the API

When a user clicks the email button the Share Link screen they have the ability to enter an optional message to the person they are sending the link too. This optional message is not captured anywhere in the Box system or event stream. The only way to capture a record of this optional message is with the Compliance Email Archive. Customer would like for this optional message be captured in the event stream so 3rd party compliance software can capture that information. This is an issue in regulated industries like Wealth Management in Financial Services that require logging ALL potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support custom objects via the mobile Salesforce and Box integration.

The Box and Salesforce integration for Salesforce mobile does not support custom objects at all so we had to create a deep link workaround that redirects to the associated folder within the box mobile experience (this also requires some salesforce coding to populate a field with the corresponding folderID). This is not a seamless experience....it is a clunky redirect.

Also, you are not able to create the corresponding box folder for the first time from the mobile experience....you have to create the box folder from the desktop from within the box integration within salesforce first, before you are able to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase capacity of the recycle bin to be unlimited.

I want the capacity of the recycle bin to be unlimited.

If the number of items in the recycle bin exceeds a certain value,
    the page will not be displayed properly as a "scale limit".

I've heard that adding "?usemarker=true" to the end of the URL of the recycle bin page makes it accessible.
    However, there are some restrictions on the operation, and I would like to see the limit raised or made unlimited.

ごみ箱の容量を無制限にしてほしい

ごみ箱内のアイテム数が一定値を超えると「規模の限界」としてページが正常に表示されない仕様かと思います。
    ごみ箱ページのURLの最後に「?usemarker=true」を追加することでアクセスが可能になるということですが、
    操作に制限があることもあり、この限界ラインを上げる/無制限にするといった改修を希望します。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Regular Expression (REGEX) for Auto-Classification in Shield

We would like the ability to support Regular Expressions (REGEX) for creating auto-classifications rules in Shield. This would greatly enhance how much we can leverage the capability

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  2 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Capability to restrict third party apps from creating folders on first level

Currently, even if the tenant setting is set to allow only administrators and co-administrators to create folders on the first level, there is a security problem that third party apps can create folders on the first level even if the user-created application as a JWT application is given only the minimum permissions required to run the application, such as "app access only" and "write to all files and folders stored in Box.
    For this reason, I would like to see whether to grant administrative privileges or not clearly added to the configuration item so that it can be controlled.
    現在、テナント設定で管理者および共同管理者のみが第1階層へのフォルダ作成を許可するに設定していても…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to grant Metadata When Uploading Multiple Files in a File Request

Under the current Box specification (December 10, 2021), when uploading multiple files at the same time using a file request, all files are given the same metadata. To comply with the Electric Book Storage Act, I believe that when users upload multiple files using file requests in Box, metadata must be attached to each file. We strongly hope to add the ability to grant metadata to individual files to file requests.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Smart Access automated classification in Box to support optical character recognition (OCR)

Enable automated classification in Box to support optical character recognition (OCR), so Box can extract and consider text embedded in images.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enhance Metadata Search for Text field ("contains" instead of "exact match")

Currently, texts in Metadata can only be searched by exact match. We would like to improve to make it "contains" search as it is available in standard search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to configure Microsoft Teams Chat Files to exclude external user

We would like to be able to set it so that external users are not invited to Microsoft Teams Chat Files.
    Currently, there is no way to prevent this from happening in the chat settings on the Teams side.
    In addition, it is possible to invite external users on Box. 

(In Japanese)
    Microsoft Teams Chat Filesに外部ユーザーが招待されないように設定できるようにしてほしい。
    現状ではTeamsのチャット設定で防くしかない上にBox上では外部ユーザーを招待できてしまうため。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Verify account existence before triggering password reset email

When I tried to log in and couldn't, I requested to reset my password and received the following message:
    We've sent you an email to reset your password
    You will receive an email from us in the next few minutes. Click on the link in the email to change your password.

After not receiving an email, I tried registering for a new account. It turns out I apparently never had an account.

Before telling users that you are sending a password reset email, maybe CHECK to see if they actually have an account so you can provide useful information?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to retain BoxDrive logs after logout/login.

I'd like BoxDrive logs to be retained after logout/login.

I would like to be able to get the log before I log out even if I have logged out of BoxDrive.
    If you want to investigate the logs due to unexpected movement or problems, it will be difficult to investigate afterwards if you log out of the BoxDrive once for data safety and other reasons.
    We want to prevent this from preventing us from identifying the cause of the problem.

BoxDriveのログをログアウト/ログイン後も保持されるようにして欲しい

BoxDriveログアウトした場合でもログアウト前のログを取得できるようにして欲しい。
    予期せぬ動きによりログを調査したい場合、データの安全などを考えてBoxDrive から一度ログアウトしてしまうとその後の調査が困難となります。
    これにより原因が特定できないことを防ぎたいです。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be able to specify a document or a shared link in “Send Notification” outcome

It would be convenient if the “Send Notification” outcome had an option to specify a document or a shared link in the notification body.

Right now it is only possible to input plain text.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Marking Folders as "Move Locked" To Prevent Users From Moving Certain Folders Regardless Of Permissions

Our admins are constantly dealing with users who accidentally drag and drop folders into other folders. This can have a big impact across our org, especially when a high level folder that's shared across the company is moved. Here's a common use case:

We have a top level Projects folder. That folder contains a subfolder for every organization we do business with. Those Organization folders then contain subfolders for individual projects. We'd like to be able to mark the Organization level folders as Move Locked so that our users don't accidentally move folders from one Organization into another. This happens…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Products for which a large number of API requests are expected should not be subject to API calls.

Products for which a large number of API requests are expected should not be subject to API calls.

[Background]
    The API requests per user is 1000 per minute.
    In this regard, I would like to see API calls excluded for products such as Netskope, which have a clear linkage source and are likely to have a large number of API requests.
    If the API is not executed due to a violation of Box's restrictions, it will have a significant impact on business operations.

大量のAPIリクエストが考えられる製品については、APIコールの対象外として欲しい

[背景]
    · 1ユーザーあたりのAPIリクエストは1000件/分となっています。
     →こちらについて、Netskopeなどの連携元が明確化しており、大量のAPIリクエストが考えられる製品については、APIコールの対象外として欲しい。
      Box側での制限に抵触してAPI実行がされなくなると業務に大きな影響を及ぼします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?