Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Box Sign - Make PDF form fields fillable

Box Sign does not currently recognize embedded PDF form fields. You can add a text, date, checkbox, or signature field to a PDF document, but the original form fields are unavailable (but left intact).

Use case: We ask our contractors to complete IRS W-9 forms using the standard IRS fillable PDF forms. If Box Sign could recognize the embedded fields in the IRS forms, our contractors could fill out, sign, and file the forms in one process. As it is, we will have to send them the fillable PDF form, ask them to fill it in and send it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature that allows end users who are collaborating on a folder to see information about deleted items

If someone accidentally deletes a folder or file, it needs to be recovered as soon as possible because it will be completely deleted within a certain period of time.
    However, by the time the end user realizes that the item has been deleted, it may already be too late and the item may have completely disappeared.

The sooner the end user can confirm the information about the deletion, the sooner it can be dealt with.
    Reports should not be easily exported by end users, but should be able to be checked promptly by other means.

Please add a feature that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rather than send the same contract 1-by-1, enable ability to send the same contract at scale

Rather than send the same contract 1-by-1, enable ability to send the same contract at scale.

E.g. send contract agreeing to HR benefits to all employees.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Box Sign - Enable option to create folders for Box Sign templates

Box Sign - Enable option to create folders for Box Sign templates.

E.g. a Finance folder, HR folder, Marketing folder, Legal folder, Sales folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide the ability to have multiple brands under Box

We are a financing company that has a section of our business that operates under "Private Label Branding." This means we are the financing arm "acting" under the brand of our partners. Currently, how box operates provides a unique problem for us. If we want to utilize file sharing with the Private Label End-users, our actual company logo and information is what is seen while having them engage in either typical file sharing/collaboration, and while using the File Request link.

It would be great to have the ability use the colors, logos, etc of our Private Label customers while still…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preview support for .MXF files

MXF is an industry-standard file format for video and audio. MXF files contain information about the media inside (metadata). This file type is commonly used by marketing teams for video content. Requesting previewing support on Box Web App for .MXF files to allow easy external collaboration on this content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Big Sur - File copy

Since updating to Big Sur when I drag a file from BOX drive to my desktop it MOVES the file, deleting it from BOX. In prior OS the file would be copied to my desktop, leaving the file on BOX as well. Please revert back to the previous behavior where dragging a file to the desktop makes a copy.

Also, I no longer have a BOX folder on my desktop. I found this helpful as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a new permissions category - Upload download and view only

Permission to upload download and view only
    o Not edit or delete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable option in Box Notes to automatically resize a column or row to fit the text

Enable option in Box Notes to automatically resize a column or row to fit the text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Box Relay functionality when access policies are applied in Box shield

There is an issue where Box Relay functionality is restricted when applying access policies in Box shield.
    This is not the behavior that Box users expect and is very inconvenient, so please improve it.

[Cases in which restrictions occur]
    ・Access Policy > Security Controls > Downloading and Printing Restrictions > Insert settings for internal use.
      ※[For Box web apps]・[For Mobile]・[For Box desktops] Enter one of these settings.
    ・Errors occur when Box Relay is run from an environment that differs from the access policy behavior.。

Example)
     ・Set only mobile access policy for internal use.
     ・Triggering the Box Relay:upload、Result:Set up a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add iOS Shortcuts integration

Simply add iOS shortcuts integration like your competitor. Save to box, append to file in box function ecc would be a great feature. The only reason that I’m not using your great service is the missing of this integration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve breadcrumbs/file paths

Improve breadcrumb usability. As of now, only 1-3 file paths show before opening a folder. You have to click the btn-content button to view previous folders and/or navigate back to all files.

Decreasing the size of the text (or maybe only showing 10-12 characters) would help with this.

Loom video for this issue and another issue: https://www.loom.com/share/86eb69a45d7841b99b969438849bc253.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to start a workflow from the "New +" section

My customer would like to trigger a workflow that copies a folder (and subfolders) IN the folder where it is created.

Customer use case:

A financial services company needs to create a deal folder within the company folder a fund team is working from. Instead of going to the deal folder template to copy it into the specific company folder, they would like to trigger the workflow to copy the deal folder template to the company specific folder with one click and from the company folder.

This would be similar to using a manual trigger but having a dynamic variable…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow the tenant administrator to select the folder created by the API account as the owner.

I want to allow the tenant administrator to select the folder created by the API account as the owner.

Currently, when you log in as a tenant administrator, if you want to check the folders linked with Box for Teams, you cannot check all the files because you are not the owner.
    I would like to be able to select the owner of the Box folder generated in cooperation with Teams to be the tenant administrator so that management confirmation and control / log acquisition can be performed.

・APIアカウントで作成されたフォルダをテナント管理者も所有者と選択できるようにしたい。

現在、テナント管理者でログインした際にBox for Teamsで連携したフォルダを確認したい場合に
    所有者でないためすべてのファイルを確認することができません。
    Teamsと連携して生成されるBoxフォルダの所有者をテナント管理者にする選択をできるようにして
    管理上確認や統制・ログの取得をおこなえるようにしたいです。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API for "CRUD" for Box Relay and Box Relay Lite

We have created over a hundred of Relay workflows and have currently faced a difficulty in adjusting all rules when our orgnization is changed. We would like to have a set of APIs for Relay for creation, reference, update and delete operations (so called CRUD).

Also we would like to have an way to update folder ID(s) on existing workflows. It would help so much especially when annual org change happens.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to embed link to sign request document in an email

Instead of telling my clients to look out for an email from no-reply@box.com and dealing with spam issues, I want to be able to embed an link to the document in an email directly from me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Relay:Users who have already been invited in a group will not be invited with "Invite assignees as Viewers/Editors"

[Background]
    A new feature has been added to Relay called "Invite assignees as Virwers/Editors".
    "Invite assignees as Virwers/Editors" are sent to users who have already been invited in the group.
    This is confusing because additional invitations are carried out to users who have already been invited.
    Furthermore, operationally, this requires the collaboration to be removed from the relevant file each time.
    *As a company rule, we are not allowed to collaborate with individuals individually, except in groups to which they have been previously invited by Admin.

[Request]
    Users who have already been invited to a group should not be invited.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customized email subject for Box updates

I make Outlook email rules to keep all my projects organized, however I have multiple projects in Box . Issue being Box Update emails have zero reference to project or main folder name, so if I make a rule for Box Updates all my box updates get lumped in to one Outlook email folder. If there is any way to customize the email notifications(either custom project name or main folder name), please let me know. That would be very helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)