Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. google shared drive

Allow Google Drive "Shared drives" content to be copied directly to the integrated Box extension in Gsuite. Currently, this is only available from "My Drive". The work around is to copy "Shared drives" content to "My Drive" (which in itself is awkward, because only files, and not folders, can be copied directly in the cloud), and then copy content from "My Drive" to Box.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove OneDrive & SharePoint as storage location when deploying Box for Teams

Box is our central location for all content across our company. We also use Microsoft Teams for collaboration, which is why we're excited to roll out the new Box integration with Teams. However, there are still ways users can accidentally upload files to OneDrive & SharePoint. This may be a Microsoft limitation, but can Box find a way to remove these as options when we turn on your integration? We want Box as the only storage location for any file uploaded to Microsoft Teams.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Box files directly in Teams

When files are stored directly inside of Teams, you can click on these files and “Edit in Teams” directly. If you click on files sourced from Box, however, you get an ugly preview of the file and have to navigate to Box in order to make edits, which is a clunky experience.

Doing this will require Box to inherit sharing rules as defined in Teams. In other words, I should be allowed to at least view if not edit files shared with me in Teams, even if I don't have access to the underlying folder in Box. Perhaps it could…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The latest Box for Teams release offers ability to open documents for editing from Teams. Editing will occur in the app selected (Desktop) or via a browser session. Editing inside of Teams is being researched further but no plan for implementation.

Please also reach out to Microsoft to request this feature.

4. File request link and folder metadata in Box embed framework

Please expose file request link and folder metadata in Box embed framework that is leveraged in the Salesforce integration. This allows Salesforce users to have additional differentiation beyond what salesforce has and would open up our CCM use cases for onboarding as well as some records management.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are gathering feedback and additional use cases regarding this suggestion. Please add your comments and support this suggestion so we can prioritize it accordingly.

5. Redirect file uploads made to slack upload to Box

Current state: either you disable file uploads or you upload the file to Slack's s3 storage. We want the ability to have Slack redirect uploads to Box

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base