Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manual pause syncing

Sometimes I want to reorder / organize / rename files before syncing.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

2. Query 2+ Metadata templates together

I am interested in querying 2+ metadata templates together via the MD Query API. Right now, I can only query 1 template at a time.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A snapshot of contents within a Box drive folder

Have you ever looked at a top-level Box folder and felt overwhelmed by the prospect of having to dig through and drill down to every sub-folder just to know what the contents are?

Do you get discouraged at the thought of looking for a single file that could possibly exist way down the rabbit hole of Box folders and sub-folders?

Would you rather have the ability to glance at a snapshot of an entire Box folder and all the sub-folders and files that exist within it?

A simple yet effective solution is a "tree directory" view. This is a feature…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intercom Integration

With the level of customizations and integrations available in Box, it becomes necessary to offer live internal support for our users from time to time. We would like to integrate our customer support solution, Intercom, into Box to help us quickly field questions and walk people through issues.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File request - Allow only Manage Users from an EID to upload via File Request

In file request, have the ability to state that only a managed user in the EID or an external user that has been invited to the folder can upload, no one else. By doing this, it prevents a file request link from being randomly guessed or found on the internet AND prevents a random user from uploading bad or malware/virus infected content. The current state of requiring the user to login is too generic and doesn't meet the requirement of keeping the file request locked down. Using the collaboration role for upload is not what is needed. The File Request…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize invitation notifications to approvers for new feature additions

A new feature has been added to Relay called "Invite Contact as Viewer" which will send invitation notifications to users who have already been invited to a group.

We are getting invitation notifications every time we approve something, which is causing confusion.
    Please stop the invitation notifications.

「担当者をビューアーとして招待する」という新機能がRelayに追加されましたが、この機能によりグループですでに招待されているユーザーに招待通知が送信されます。

承認時に毎回招待通知が届いてしまい混乱を招いています。
    そのため招待通知を止めるようにしてほしいです。

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shared Link Password Policy

Much like the default link expiry policy we would also like one specific to forcing passwords for shared links and preferably being able to define that policy with minimum characters and complexity.

Bonus would be passwords that are auto-generated and viewable by the creator of the shared links to minimize the need for external tools.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI enhancements to indicate moving/copying activity in progress

When moving/copying files and folders in BoxDrive, I want to be able to see visually that an operation is taking place.

Currently, BoxWeb displays a green dialog at the top of the screen when you move or copy files or folders,
    but However, BoxDrive has an explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears even when a move/copy is performed.

However, BoxDrive has an Explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears when moving/copying is performed. or some other confirmation dialog. When an operation is performed, we would like to see a confirmation dialog…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to save reports to a custom location

With the upcoming report scheduling function, coupled with improved filters to better streamline reports that are generated, it would be really useful to be able to define a custom save location for a report that is generated as part of that process (i.e. to any folder within your box instance and not just the default 'reports' bucket).

Our use case is that we'd like to set up a series of scheduled reports (soon possible!), each one filtered to activities within a specific folder (also now possible!) and then have that report automatically save into the folder to which it relates…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Box Sign - Ability to enable/disable for groups

This request specifically impacts all Higher Ed accounts with student users. Universities are specifically concerned about students having the ability to send e-signature requests on behalf of the University or using University letterhead and have requested a way to have Sign mass-disabled for student accounts. The easiest way for now would be to include the ability to enable/disable by group on the Configure Sign modal.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.

I would like to have a collaboration role that only allows me to reference shared links.
    Alternatives (1) through (3) could not be adopted for a reason.

(1) Why not just use the Previewer?
    I want to collaborate from the top of the folder tree to prevent confusion about where I collaborated.
    For this purpose, I want a collaboration role that can only refer to shared links that cannot refer to other files.

(2) Why don't we just create a shared link that is open to everyone and add a password?
    If you make it public, you won't know who…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. COPY / MOVE API events to include origin file's ID, name and location

Currently there is no way to know which file was copied/moved in Box Events API. It is only possible to see the destination file name and location, and only if the file was copied/moved within one Box instance. This presents a major challenge for customers who want to build custom programs that monitor copy/move activity both inside and outside their Box instances.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Split and transfer data to several users when the owner is deleted (including folder assignment)

Hi,
    it would be nice if I could split the data of a user to be deleted among more than 1 other user.

If, for example, a department head leaves the company and another head takes over the disciplinary part on an interim basis, but the technical issues are still mapped in the department, it makes sense to be able to separate the structures. We are currently transferring the disciplinary page manually.

Best regards,

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Require PIV/CAC card authentication upon signing

The US government relies upon PIV/CAC card authentication for existing digital signature validation. This is a key requirement for usage within this market segment.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transfer ownership of a file

I was blown away that I can't change the ownership of "files", only folders. We have a user that retired and we need to transfer ownership of all her content to other employees (not just a single employee). Transferring ownership of a "folder" is easy and straightforward.

Box has a limitation that prevents you from transferring ownership of an individual file. This user has about 40 files at their root of her account (under All Files). The only way to change ownership is to move the file into a folder and then share and change the ownership of the folder.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Global Metadata Variable

Provide functionality for metadata variables to be referenced globally within other metadata templates.

For example, company regions change annually. If we need to add a new region (South) to our current regions (Central, East, West), we have to update each individual template with a region field. It would be ideal if we could update the regions in one global variable that can then be referenced in all metadata templates. This process today is time consuming, decentralized, and error prone.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Request for resolving the problem of retrieving group memberships

I wish the following problem will be fixed :
    We are able to see the issue when retrieving group membership datas if the group have multiple users having the same name and get membership with multiple offset.
    For example, there are two users having the same name and both of users is a member of the group. If we request all of membership for the group with multiple offset, the endpoint of group may only include one of both, not include another user in the response.

I have submitted this incident to Box support ticket(#2387523), and received an answer that…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ADD LOCKED FOLDERS LIST IN THE USER ACTIVITY REPORT

Currently we have no way to look up which holders are locked via FolderLockAPI.
    To avoid any trouble not knowing who has been locked,
    we'd like to request to add the locked folders list in the user activity report.

FolderLockAPIを利用してLockされているフォルダの一覧をレポートに出したい:
    FolderLockAPIを利用してLockしたフォルダーについて、
    どのフォルダーがロックされているかがわからなくなるなどのトラブルを防ぐために、
    現時点でロックされているフォルダの一覧をアクティビティレポートに出力したい。

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 291 292
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base