Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like to have a setting where I could hide the activity pane for all documents when iPad is in landscape mode.

I don't use the activity pane very often, but since I used my iPad docked in landscape mode with an external keyboard, the activity pane opens every time I open a document. Instead of having to minimize the activity pane each time I would prefer to have a setting where it is minimized by default and I open it only if needed.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter the activity report with specific classification

We want to get the activity reports for specific classification(just like specifying the folder).

We need to audit user activities for confidential files every quarter. Current activity reports can only specify the user, date, folder and action, not classification.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time based relay tasks

Support time based triggers in Relay. For example, 180 days after an item has been uploaded to a folder either delete the file or move it to another location.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

On roadmap for Q4 FY20 to trigger a workflow at a set schedule (daily, weekly, monthly). Thereafter we will explore enhancements to include things like “after x event, wait for y days, then do z”)

4. Box Notes and Collections

The Box Notes interface, at the moment, only works with Favourites. It'll be great if you could choose a collection to put your Box Note into, directly from the Box Notes interface, as opposed to having to navigate to the Box folder where the note is, then select the collection.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When we open a PDF with the Box app (Box for EMM) on iPad, the Activity column appears on the right side of the screen.

When we open a PDF with the Box app (Box for EMM) on iPad, the Activity column appears on the right side of the screen.
    It takes a lot of work to maximize this PDF, as you have to make one click each time.
    We would like to prevent Activity from being displayed by default when previewing a PDF.

If we use our iPad vertically, Activity will not be displayed, but it is assumed that we will use it horizontally.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful if Box relay workflow tasks could be recurring on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis

Reports need pulled monthly, quarterly and yearly, it would be nice to have recurring tasks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be a way to copy or clone File Request form templates to new directories instead of resetting to the default template.

Our department is using File Request links on our Box Enterprise account to provide donors with a simple submission form to upload digital materials for our collections.

We would like to set up one folder for each potential donor who will be submitting digital collections for us to review and process. (This will make it much easier for us to manage submissions, to review them for security, and to track them for procesing.) However, we also need to customize the File Request submission form for directories to include a standard boilerplate of instructions and to request a description of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to add a boxnote to a collection

Let me add a box note into one or more Collections. Seems I currently can only "star" them to put them in my Favourites.

Other files in box show the Collections management options, but box notes do not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send notification after approved/rejected status change

To improve the real-time collaboration (Task activity) within each team and the team members. Automated notifications sent out to team members indicating the APPROVED/REJECTED status would help). Presently the Team leader and members use the COMMENT feature to keep the team informed. I want more automated notifications as changes occur.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Device Trust Whitelisting

Provide ability to whitelist devices while Device Trust is enabled. We would like to enable Device Trust requiring both Domain and Certificate. But we also have lab hosts that are not domain members or have issued certificates. We would like to be able to allow hosts not meeting the Device Trust settings to login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drive: Notifications when there is simultaneous editing happening

When multiple people are simultaneously editing in Drive multiple versions save as different copies. There should be notifications so people don't have to lock files to let others know they are editing a document.

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  15 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When I click on a photo in Browse mode to bring it full frame, by default a side panel comes up labeled "Activity." i

I am running v.5.1.4 IOS for ipad. When I click on a photo in Browse mode to bring it full frame, by default a side panel comes up labeled "Activity." This is very annoying, as I constantly have to click on the photo to make it full frame and eliminate the side panel. My suggestion: this should be a user option, rather than a default that cannot be changed. Most users do not use this Activity feature; why is it the default setting? This is a change on this new version 5.1.4. Please fix this on the next version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display Shield classification labels by default beside the name of each item in a folder

When viewing the contents of a folder, it would be beneficial to the user experience to see which items are classified and how without needing to select the item or attempt to preview it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  2 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Request a file link for Editors

Many of my customers are requesting for Editors to have the ability to generate request a file links. Owners and Co-Owners have very omniscient capabilities for folder configurations that Editors may not need (nor do the Owners want them to have) but because Editors do much of the editing and information creation/modification, it would be helpful if they could have the ability to request content.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bulk manage Shared Links

Provide a way for all shared links in an account to have their permission levels / access levels / expiry dates modified in bulk, rather than having to change each one individually which is extremely time consuming for large doc sets.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  18 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iPhone default preview mode

With the recent iOS app update, all PDF’s when previewed in Landscape mode display the “activity” screen on the right hand side by default. This is an unwanted feature and I would prefer defaults to show the "activity" screen collapsed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In App PDF reader changes make the app frustrating to use

Recently the UI for the PDF reader changed. I use Box primarily to read review copies of comic books, which DC Comics only make available to view in the app. Until recently this worked fine on my iPad, displaying the full page as I flipped through. I even liked the page flip of the interface enough that I upload other review copies to read them in the app. About three weeks ago, something in the UI changed, and now it no longer displays the full page, and I have to scroll on each page to read the whole thing. In…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email Address Lists Shield

To support ethical walls, it would be advantageous to be able to create lists of email addresses for different teams within the same company so that collaboration and shared link access can be restricted. Example for private side, public side employees within an investment bank content could be classified for each with access controls in place to prevent sharing and collaboration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send Box notifications to a Slack channel

We've been expanding the use of Slack in our organization and trying to encourage people to reduce the use of email. Ideally, we would like to see the ability to have Box notifications get sent directly to a Slack channel, so people don't have to keep going back to email.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Box Drive supporting Mac packages

Box Drive supporting ".app" Mac OSx packages.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base