Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Query 2+ Metadata templates together

I am interested in querying 2+ metadata templates together via the MD Query API. Right now, I can only query 1 template at a time.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access policies for individual folders

Would it be possible to set up access policies that can be applied per-folder instead of by Classification label?

We have Ethical Walls and security concerns where we need to prevent sharing of files of Client A with Client B and also with preventing individual users from being shared folders.

One way to do this would be classification policies - but I have far more clients than the twenty five label limit.

The way around this would be to allow access policies by folder, regardless of classification, as well as the Box-wide access policy for unclassified content.

Client A -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to exclude domains from autoclassification trigger

As a user, I want to be able to exclude my company domains from the Shield email address autoclassification trigger, so that policies are not being applied to internal emails, just external PII

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Auto-Classification Criteria Matches on Classification Label On File

Auto-classification matches are currently stored within metadata on a file. If auto-classification classifies a piece of content, we'd like for the classification label indicator on a file (or hovering over the label) to show what criteria was met which requires a specific label. The purpose of this is to have a visual indicator to reinforce the sensitivity of content within a file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shared Link Password Policy

Much like the default link expiry policy we would also like one specific to forcing passwords for shared links and preferably being able to define that policy with minimum characters and complexity.

Bonus would be passwords that are auto-generated and viewable by the creator of the shared links to minimize the need for external tools.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Shield List of Countries Usable for Access Policies

There may be certain countries a Box customer may be prohibited from sharing with under any circumstance. I suggest making it possible to whitelist or blacklist entire countries by allowing Shield Lists of countries to be included in Access Policies.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. COPY / MOVE API events to include origin file's ID, name and location

Currently there is no way to know which file was copied/moved in Box Events API. It is only possible to see the destination file name and location, and only if the file was copied/moved within one Box instance. This presents a major challenge for customers who want to build custom programs that monitor copy/move activity both inside and outside their Box instances.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Require approval when sharing content with a business justification

Current access policy allows for external collaboration with a valid business justification, but we would also like to have the admin or folder owner approve the request to share externally, before the collaboration is sent. The current design doesn't allow for any validation and could potentially lead to content being shared with a restricted audience. Once the exception is approved, the collaboration could be set.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shield classification user permissions

Request to make classification application settings specific to the classification. Currently, the setting for who can apply/remove a classification is for all classifications, but there are cases where it would be helpful that a classification to be only applied by owners and other where co-owner, or even editor would be allowed to apply certain classifications.

Examples:
    1. A classification tied to a Shield access control rule that only owners can apply or remove
    2. A classification tied to a Shield access control rule that owner/co-owners can apply or remove
    3. A classification identifying a type of content that owners/co-owner/editors can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ipad app

I would like the ability to open documents from the Box iPad app in new tabs. Chrome allows me to do a long hold and be given the option to open in a new tab. This would be a nice function in the iPad app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. google shared drive

Allow Google Drive "Shared drives" content to be copied directly to the integrated Box extension in Gsuite. Currently, this is only available from "My Drive". The work around is to copy "Shared drives" content to "My Drive" (which in itself is awkward, because only files, and not folders, can be copied directly in the cloud), and then copy content from "My Drive" to Box.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restrict Collaboration for Individual External User

Customer would like to have the ability to block individual external users from collaborating on their enterprise content. The external domain allow list is too broad if only one or two external users need to be blocked from collaborating on content.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retain annotations in subsequent version(s) of a document

We use annotations when a group of us is proofing and suggesting edits to a document. When we're finished, when the designer makes our edits to the document, and then uploads a new version. Unfortunately, once the new version is uploaded, unlike general comments, the annotations are gone so we can't check in our changes. It would be great if you could make it possible to view annotations from the previous version of a document. Right now, the only workaround is to avoid using annotations, or to open the previous version of the document in a separate browser window and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Annotations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload Completion Notification

I love how I am notified when a set of files are uploaded into a specific folder but I am having one very key issue. I will receive the notification upon upload, but many times because it is 10+ large images, the images are not done uploading. I will review the folder but be unaware that the Upload is not complete. I may see 5 images with 5 still uploading.

Is there a way Box could show us of upload progress? OR possibly send a second notification when the upload is complete?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please provide more details on the specifics of when you’re encountering this issue? Are you having problems related to status for a file request submission? Or regular file/folder uploads? Any information you can provide (including which application you are using) would be very helpful as we research potential soluitions.

15. Automatic email response for file request submitter

Would like a feature whereby the person submitting files using Box File Request receives an automatic confirmation email with a customizable message. For example, after the submitter uploads files using the File Request web widget, that person gets a email to the effect of, "Thank you for contacting us. A team member will review your submittal and follow up within 24 hours." The person would be required to provide an email address but not required to have a Box account. Many of our external customers send us application materials using File Request, and then they contact us separately wanting to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove OneDrive & SharePoint as storage location when deploying Box for Teams

Box is our central location for all content across our company. We also use Microsoft Teams for collaboration, which is why we're excited to roll out the new Box integration with Teams. However, there are still ways users can accidentally upload files to OneDrive & SharePoint. This may be a Microsoft limitation, but can Box find a way to remove these as options when we turn on your integration? We want Box as the only storage location for any file uploaded to Microsoft Teams.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View versions of documents on ipad ios device

Currently there is no option to view previous versions and audit history on a mobile device, would be good for those that work entirely off an ipad and not a pc to be able to do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reduce file sizes with BOX capture

Please fix the BOX Capture app to reduce file sizes. It is impossible to work from home given how large of files are (they timeout during upload, they are impossible to transfer to DocuSign given the file size, etc.). Even when I change file size to "Small" under settings, the files are huge. I do not have this issue with other scanning apps, however, we have to use BOX Capture for work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shield Alert - mark as resolved

On the dashboard for Shield, you see a list of alerts generated through threat detection policies. We'd like to see the functionality where end users could mark an alert as seen and/or resolved so everyone who monitors the Shield alerts would know whether it's been resolved or open. This is similar to a ticketing system, but a simple notes body on the alert where someone could put an explanation of their response to the alert would greatly enhance visibility and drive better usability. Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search function included in the Copy or Move option for ipad

User on ipad report not seeing the option to search for files on the move or copy options like they do in web app. Makes it difficult to move files to destination by going through the file tree list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base