Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IP whitelisting (Web App only) for BoxNotes

We have heard that IP whitelisting with Web App only cannot control BoxNotes.
    Could you improve IP whitelisting as you can control BoxNotes with Web App only?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow default sorting to "Favorites" and created "Collections" so that they appear alphabetically.

If you have dozens or hundreds of folders in your "Favorites" and they are not sorted alphabetically, then it is nearly impossible to find your subject folder. Just make Favorites and Collections default sort alphabetically or give us the choice to set the default. Other people may want the last visited folder to be at the top, but still others may want to see it alphabetically. Please give us the option to do so as a default treatment.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. relay assign workflow

When a user leaves the company, the admin (or the user) should be able to assign his workflows to someone else. So far, the admin can only deactivate a workflow. We have cases where the relay workflow has 46 steps and if the owner leaves the company, the job is lost. It is a waste of time. As well, folder problems should be highlighted if the user is replaced, thus allowing either the assignment of permissions to the folder(s) or the ability to switch to new folder(s).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Previewing, viewing of icons, thumbnails, and full text search about third party file formats

Please support the interface extension of third party file formats to the following three features.

• Previewing of files (*1)

• Viewing the icons of files in list view

• Viewing thumbnails of files in grid view

• Full text search in files

*1) Previewing features
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

Japanese translation(日本語訳)

タイトル:3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットファイルのプレビュー・アイコン・サムネール表示、全文検索

3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットに対し、下記の機能を実現できるI/F拡張をサポートしてほしい。

・ファイルのプレビュー(※1)
     ・リストビュー画面内に存在するファイルのアイコン表示
     ・グリッドビュー画面内に存在するファイルのサムネール表示
     ・ファイル内の全文検索

※1)プレビュー機能
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

======================================================

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. box drive sync progress

When syncing large amounts of data or many items into Box, I don't have a number of items remaining unless I try to log out of Box drive while it is uploading. Could we take that information and put it into the Box Drive icon like it was displayed in Box Sync?

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature was delivered in Box Drive v2.20!

Users can easily view upload and download progress in the new Transfers UI (accessible via the system tray on Windows or menu bar on Mac).

6. Allow editing of annotations

Sometimes I want to change the comment I left with an annotation. But the only option I get is to delete the annotation. So I'm forced to copy the previous text, delete the old annotation, and create a new one. That's annoying!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Annotations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access Stats: Ability to export faster at scale

Exporting Access Stats report some times take long time to get generated, especially many reports are requested at the same time. We would like the Access Stats export be generated faster at scale.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save box notes in collections

Hi Box Team,

currently I can mark a box note as favorite and it will eventually show up in my favorite folder. However, it would be great if I could add box notes to one or more of my collections. This allows me to better structure the information available on Box.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

We just released the Collections in Notes feature this week. You should now see the Collections menu item when you go to the “…” menu in your Notes app (next to the share button). Hope this helps!

9. Box Drive search for specific folder

Currently there is not way to search for a folder name offline. All you can search for is a file name. This can be problematic if you have multiple files with the same name, but just in different locations. Suggest being able to search for file name and then open file.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. relay folder event in several folders

When You create a Relay automation You only have the possibility to manager an event folder in one folder. If You need the same scenario in other folders, You have to duplicate the stream as many times You have needed folders.
    The best way is to get the possibility to choose all folders You need the same event with the same scenario in one shot and not be polluted with x time the same one only because the event has to be trapped in another folder.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort Content preference saved

In the old UI, you can sort by name or updated ascend/descend and the preference retains as you traverse the folders. In the new UI, the default is sort by updated and reverts after you change the sort order and traverse the folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Google Doc "share" from google.

When using V2 of the box integration with google docs, apparently the ability to "share" the document from google itself, was apparently removed (it shows as available at 1:05 of this box video https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043696854-Inviting-Collaborators )

Removing this functionality is not only cumbersome, it creates HUGE potential security issues.

I would like users in our organization to be able to store these google documents in box, to avoid having to manage multiple file storage systems. For one thing, it is cumbersome and unintuitive to have to go to box to invite a person to collaborate with my google doc. And then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When using the integration, users can now share a Google file directly within the editor, using Box’s sharing modal permissions and settings.

13. Smaller icons for Box Drive on windows

The "status" icons on folders/files in Box Drive cover up 80% of the thumbnail for the file (or folder itself). This happens when explorer is set to list or details view.

This makes scanning a folder with many documents for a particular file type extremely difficult, as there's not much visual distinction between excel, word, and ppt docs when they're all covered by one of the Box Drive syncing status icons. The PPT/Excel/Word logos are completely covered with just a vague hint of color peeking out.

It would be ideal to figure out some way to make these icons smaller,…

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. File request link expiration date

Add the function to set the expiry date for the file request link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep workflows active even after users are deactivated

I was reading through FAQs for Box Relay and I see that if a user is deleted their workflows are deactivated....

With no way to transfer workflows from one user to another don't you see this as a HUGE problem with the product?

If we are expected to use this in production to manage enterprise documents, what are we supposed to do when someone who created the workflows is removed? This would be a huge impact to any org. Especially if someone on a team is the creator of all the workflows. This would require someone to recreate them, and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File Request - Assign to Other Collaborator Permission Levels

Please allow Editors to send File Requests. Currently, only Owners and Co-Owners can send file requests. It would be extremely helpful if Editors could as well. In our organization, we have many with editor rights that could take advantage of this feature and would gain great efficiency . Making these users a Co-Owner will not work with our current permissions segregation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Box for Teams Integration for direct messages

Today, Box is integrated with Microsoft Teams ONLY for team's channels. Please integrate it for direct messages and group chat too !

Thank you

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simplify "File Request" window

I have users on my team still using ShareFile to specifically "request files" from external people because the process is simpler. Three key suggestions for the Box "File request" feature:
    1) Can you streamline the pop-up window to focus on the "link" versus the embed widget link. 2) Expose the option/checkbox of the requestor to receive an email when the content is uploaded.
    3) Allow the requestor to adjust the expiration date. Default would be tied to the admin link share policies

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Box Shield

It is common that companies have non-executive directors, and that they work without corporate email accounts. They could use gmail or another personal email accounts so they might want to blacklist free email domains, but have special dispensation for these exec's email addresses. So blocking all free email domains, with an additional granularity to allow certain addresses on a whitelist.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to get File Request Link via API

We want to get File Request Link via API.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  4 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base