Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IP whitelisting (Web App only) for BoxNotes

We have heard that IP whitelisting with Web App only cannot control BoxNotes.
    Could you improve IP whitelisting as you can control BoxNotes with Web App only?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow default sorting to "Favorites" and created "Collections" so that they appear alphabetically.

If you have dozens or hundreds of folders in your "Favorites" and they are not sorted alphabetically, then it is nearly impossible to find your subject folder. Just make Favorites and Collections default sort alphabetically or give us the choice to set the default. Other people may want the last visited folder to be at the top, but still others may want to see it alphabetically. Please give us the option to do so as a default treatment.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase maximum file size beyond 32GB

Requests to extend maximum single file upload size beyond 32GB. Please comment with use cases and file size limit of request.

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. relay assign workflow

When a user leaves the company, the admin (or the user) should be able to assign his workflows to someone else. So far, the admin can only deactivate a workflow. We have cases where the relay workflow has 46 steps and if the owner leaves the company, the job is lost. It is a waste of time. As well, folder problems should be highlighted if the user is replaced, thus allowing either the assignment of permissions to the folder(s) or the ability to switch to new folder(s).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Previewing, viewing of icons, thumbnails, and full text search about third party file formats

Please support the interface extension of third party file formats to the following three features.

• Previewing of files (*1)
    • Viewing the icons of files in list view
    • Viewing thumbnails of files in grid view
    • Full text search in files

*1) Previewing features
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

Japanese translation(日本語訳)

タイトル:3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットファイルのプレビュー・アイコン・サムネール表示、全文検索

3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットに対し、下記の機能を実現できるI/F拡張をサポートしてほしい。

・ファイルのプレビュー(※1)
     ・リストビュー画面内に存在するファイルのアイコン表示
     ・グリッドビュー画面内に存在するファイルのサムネール表示
     ・ファイル内の全文検索

※1)プレビュー機能
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

======================================================

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exports users doesn't reflect the latest users

We're using the list of users which we can export from 'Export Users' button in Users and Groups menu to verify if the user provisioning tool is working correctly on the daily basis.

Although I heard from Box that Box reports are being migrated to new data platform to improve the performance, this new Export Users report doesn't reflect the latest users. Maybe this new one reports the user list as of roughly half a day ago, so we can't our daily verification task correctly...

I think user list should reflect the latest status so I want Box to fix…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. box drive sync progress

When syncing large amounts of data or many items into Box, I don't have a number of items remaining unless I try to log out of Box drive while it is uploading. Could we take that information and put it into the Box Drive icon like it was displayed in Box Sync?

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature was delivered in Box Drive v2.20!

Users can easily view upload and download progress in the new Transfers UI (accessible via the system tray on Windows or menu bar on Mac).

9. Reports status

Easily link to the file directly from Reports status
    Even if you know immediately that the status is completed in Reports status, it takes time to find the corresponding file in the report folder!
    The files are numerous, have similar names, are difficult to find, and are easy to make mistakes.
    So let us be able to jump directly to the file from Reports status.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow editing of annotations

Sometimes I want to change the comment I left with an annotation. But the only option I get is to delete the annotation. So I'm forced to copy the previous text, delete the old annotation, and create a new one. That's annoying!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Annotations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag and drop ios

Change UI to support drag and drop between applications and box on ipad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to share built workflows

Allow workflow builders to share their workflows with each other. Currently workflows need to be rebuilt by each user whereas it would save a lot of time to be able to share these workflows that have already been built.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Workflow Ownership Transfer is currently live with our existing Relay full customers, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus customers.

13. Notifications as a Relay workflow outcome

Add the ability to create a specific notification as an outcome/step in Relay.

I.E. "If step 2 of workflow is not complete after 5 days notify xyz person"

or

"once workflow is completed notify this group".

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Proper 2-factor authentication with TOTP not SMS

Using SMS for 2-factor authentication is oudated and insecure. Using TOTP is an industry standard and should be implemented.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Two-factor authentication with authenticator apps

It should be possible for 2FA login to be via an authenticator app as opposed to SMS. This is arguably more secure and more convenient and something competitors offer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Access Stats: Ability to export faster at scale

Exporting Access Stats report some times take long time to get generated, especially many reports are requested at the same time. We would like the Access Stats export be generated faster at scale.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relay workflow sharing across users

As far as I can tell, only the person who has created the Relay workflow has access to the workflow and I can't share the workflow I have already created with one of my colleagues. As a result, if he wants to start a new workflow using the same flow that I had built, he has to start over as I can't share mine with him. This is a really basic function you need to create ASAP if you want adoption with Relay.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Workflow Ownership Transfer is currently live with our existing Relay full customers, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus customers.

18. Transfering ownership of Relay workflow

If a workflow "owner" isn't functioning within the process where he is responsible for the flow anylonger (He is still within the organisation and so should not be decommissioned), Relay should allow transfer of that specific workflow to another member of the team rather can creating a new workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save box notes in collections

Hi Box Team,

currently I can mark a box note as favorite and it will eventually show up in my favorite folder. However, it would be great if I could add box notes to one or more of my collections. This allows me to better structure the information available on Box.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

We just released the Collections in Notes feature this week. You should now see the Collections menu item when you go to the “…” menu in your Notes app (next to the share button). Hope this helps!

20. It would be helpful if Box relay workflow tasks could be recurring on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis

Reports need pulled monthly, quarterly and yearly, it would be nice to have recurring tasks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base