Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings

We’ve been using Box Drive since launch, and it’s been an incredible improvement in our workflow. Only a small issue has made it notably less useful in saving time, and is a known issue documented here (community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Known-Issues..)

Our file name and directory lengths are wider than the default for Box Drive/Windows. Normally Windows remembers preferences around column width, but in this case, as you know, Box Drive does not. This causes us to have to manually resize the “Name” field in every folder/directory, every time we access one. Therefore each user is having to do this perhaps dozens of times…

121 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Jump to the same path on Box Drive directly from Box Web

Like Dropbox app, we would like a capability to move directly from Box Web to Box Drive. The usecase behind this is that we want to edit a file from Box Drive not Box Edit but want to search on Box Web.

54 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. box drive sync progress

When syncing large amounts of data or many items into Box, I don't have a number of items remaining unless I try to log out of Box drive while it is uploading. Could we take that information and put it into the Box Drive icon like it was displayed in Box Sync?

97 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open shared links in Windows Explorer

It would be great having the option for shared links to be opened in the Windows Explorer directly (if Box Drive / Box Sync is installed). Today, when a shared link is clicked, e.g. on Slack, it opens in the web browser, adding complexity to the workflow (e.g. having to log in, limited editing functionality, etc.). Most of our team today revert to clicking the shared link just to identify the location of the file in the browser, then finding and opening the file manually on Box Drive.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add popup when adding or moving a file from local to Box

We can easily add or move file from local storage to Box drive or browser.
    However, box does not prompt any popup when we add or move file.

It may cause miss operation.
    So, Please add popup when add or movefile.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box Drive: Change cache location

It would be really awesome to allow the box drive cache location to be placed somewhere other than C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Box\Box\cache, say on on a separate volume that doesn't consume space on C: (boot / application drive). Ideally I would like to place it on my second ssd D:

172 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  51 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Box Drive: Display pop up warning when content is moved to external folder

Just like below warning pop-up displayed in WebApp, Box Drive shall pop up a warning to let the user know the item ownership will be changed to external user, when moved to external folder. (also to prevent accidental moves)

Change Item Owner
    By moving this item you will be transferring ownership to John Doe (john.doe@boxsample1[.]com) at Box Sample1 Company. In some cases, you may not be able to undo this action based on restrictions in the destination location.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Box Drive: Support ARM processors

The new Microsoft Surface Pro X uses an ARM based processor and Box Drive doesn't support ARM processors. I'm sure use of the ARM processors will increase rapidly since it allows for much longer battery life and support cellular data connections.

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color coded shared folders for Box Drive

Need ability to determine what folders have been shared in Box Drive without having to revert back to the Web UI to verify if Blue/Yellow/Grey etc..

221 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  5 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reconcile behavior between Edit and Drive after a conflict

There is different behavior between Box Drive and Box Edit when uploading after conflicted happened. We would like to change behavior as same as Box Edit. This difference might lead to be confusion for the customer.

Actual Behavior at this moment:

Box Drive
    1. User A opens and edits file X without lock via Box Drive.
    2. User B opens and edits file X without lock via Box Drive.
    3. User B saves the file X via Box Drive. Upload the changes as version 2 to file X
    4. User A saves the file X via Box Drive. Conflict happened.…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File Request Link from Box Drive

Be able to use file request link straight from box drive - even if it opens up the web app to create the form template etc.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove folder from desktop

I would like to be able to not have the Box folder sitting on my desktop and only sit in the Finder's sidebar, along with GSuite, or Creative Cloud for example.

The reason for this is: 1 it adds clutter to the desktop. 2 on Macs, having folders and files, especially big files there, actually will slow down the performance of the computer. Not many people realize this. The items on the desktop are constantly being pinged by the computer using resources.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Syncing bookmarks and Windows shortcuts between Box Drive and online.

To better organize my personal Box files and share with teams, I've saved my files in the team folder and used a Windows shortcut (in Box Drive) in my personal Box folder to link files/folders elsewhere on Box. Box Drive doesn't sync Window's shortcuts so these links are lost when working online. The workaround online is to use the bookmark function, using file/folder URLs to create shortcuts. It would be great if bookmarks or window's shortcuts synced between online and Box Drive modes. At the moment I'm having to bookmark online and shortcut on Drive to link up files and…

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove shares no longer available after the owner was deactivated

We deactivated one user who retired. The folders he owned disappeared in Box Web for the shared users but they didn't disappear in Box drive, so users could still create files which were not saved in Box.
    Could deactivated shares be updated very quickly in Box Drive to avoid that behavior please?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smaller icons for Box Drive on windows

The "status" icons on folders/files in Box Drive cover up 80% of the thumbnail for the file (or folder itself). This happens when explorer is set to list or details view.

This makes scanning a folder with many documents for a particular file type extremely difficult, as there's not much visual distinction between excel, word, and ppt docs when they're all covered by one of the Box Drive syncing status icons. The PPT/Excel/Word logos are completely covered with just a vague hint of color peeking out.

It would be ideal to figure out some way to make these icons smaller,…

139 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Box Drive search for specific folder

Currently there is not way to search for a folder name offline. All you can search for is a file name. This can be problematic if you have multiple files with the same name, but just in different locations. Suggest being able to search for file name and then open file.

154 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 775 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

144 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a FUSE (Filesystem in userspace) handler for Box Linux and other *nix support

Linux, and other operating systems, have a mechanism for vendors to provide transparent filesystem access to esoteric file storage mechanisms in userspace, without the need to write a kernel module using "FUSE" (Filesystem in Userspace).

Box would only need to write a FUSE handler, and then that'd open up access to a lot of *nixes.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Box Drive Backups via Time Machine

Allow Time Machine on a Mac to backup files stored on the Box Drive on my HD.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base