Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Previewing, viewing of icons, thumbnails, and full text search about third party file formats

Please support the interface extension of third party file formats to the following three features.

• Previewing of files (*1)

• Viewing the icons of files in list view

• Viewing thumbnails of files in grid view

• Full text search in files

*1) Previewing features
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

Japanese translation(日本語訳)

タイトル:3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットファイルのプレビュー・アイコン・サムネール表示、全文検索

3rdパーティーファイルフォーマットに対し、下記の機能を実現できるI/F拡張をサポートしてほしい。

・ファイルのプレビュー(※1)
     ・リストビュー画面内に存在するファイルのアイコン表示
     ・グリッドビュー画面内に存在するファイルのサムネール表示
     ・ファイル内の全文検索

※1)プレビュー機能
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044195013-Preview

======================================================

61 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show progress bar for uploads when using file request widget

We would like for the File Request Widget to have a progress bar for uploads, so users can see if their upload made it to Box or if it failed.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Getting Notifications that Don't apply to non-admins

When I logged into Box this morning, I saw the following note in the lower right-hand corner of my home screen.

Your Box account has been growing!
    A growing number of users at your company have signed up for Box accounts – exceeding the number seats included in your plan by {{MLDATAOVERAGE_SEATS}}. To adjust this license overage, add seats to your plan using the link below.

1. We do have seats available

2. I am not an admin so this shouldn't be a notification I should receive.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Simplify "File Request" window

I have users on my team still using ShareFile to specifically "request files" from external people because the process is simpler. Three key suggestions for the Box "File request" feature:
    1) Can you streamline the pop-up window to focus on the "link" versus the embed widget link. 2) Expose the option/checkbox of the requestor to receive an email when the content is uploaded.
    3) Allow the requestor to adjust the expiration date. Default would be tied to the admin link share policies

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File Request permission control

Request for add the function to control File Request permission control.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File request link expiration date

Add the function to set the expiry date for the file request link.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Metadata search for files uploaded via Box API

Documents in BOX are not searchable based on Metadata when uploaded using BOX API

Document uploaded into BOX via EPHESOFT using BOX API and 3 metadata elements are attached to the document. We can see the document in the BOX and the metadata elements are present in the Custom Metadata section in the BOX.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two ways to find files in Box based on the metadata. The existing Search API provides a metadata filtering option and also indexes metadata content. The Metadata Query API provides SQL-like syntax for finding files based on specific metadata condtions. See https://developer.box.com/guides/metadata/queries/create/ and https://developer.box.com/guides/search/full-text-search/

If there are unmet needs please add a comment!

8. error in documentation

On the Authenticate with JWT (SDK) page the Node code snippet creates a const "configJSON," but then when the page references it later, it calls it "appConfig" in another code snippet instead. It references the enterpriseId in the configJSON variable but calls it appConfig.enterpriseId out of nowhere instead. The code breaks like this. Please fix for the sake of people trying to use these code snippets.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. approve task on my phone

approve tasks on my phone

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop interception of browser search shortcut in developer docs

The box developer docs hijack CMD+F and that's exactly not what I expect it to do

CMD+F is a shortcut for most (all?) browsers to bring up a native Find dialog, but your reference docs hijack it in favor of some type of auto-complete search on the page which is actually never what I want, or expect to happen.

https://box.dev/en/reference/

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Saving File Request Options

If you open “…” > File Request in the folder, you will see the “File Request” function.

There are 4 items in “Customize options” of file request.
    There is a checkbox for each.

If you close the screen with this checkbox selected, the next time you open it, it is unchecked.

Can there be a save button so that we are not mistaken that we selected settings for the link? Or can the settings remain checked so that when we re-open the option, we can see that we did select settings for the link?

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Either/Or Approvers

Currently Relay does not support "either/or" approvers.

We have use cases where we have multiple approvers in a process but only need a certain amount of approvers to continue the workflow. i.e. There are 3 approvers in a process but we only need 2 out of the 3 to approve.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Request File Marked Malicious Error in Box Web App UI and api

Constant monitoring the "enterprise events adminlogs" for FILEMARKEDMALICIOUS events is not feasible for our application. Request is to add filemarkedmalicious error, similar to filesizelimitexceeded error, so that the user the can be instantly notified of potential problem at file upload time for best user experience.

Instant notification is available today in our application, without this ability our users would see a degradation in their app experience.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File Request - Assign to Other Collaborator Permission Levels

Please allow Editors to send File Requests. Currently, only Owners and Co-Owners can send file requests. It would be extremely helpful if Editors could as well. In our organization, we have many with editor rights that could take advantage of this feature and would gain great efficiency . Making these users a Co-Owner will not work with our current permissions segregation.

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced settings on file request link – expiration and password

Would like the ability to protect links through password and expiration.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Typo

There is a typo:
    preview.show(fildId, accessToken, options);
    =>
    preview.show(fileId, accessToken, options);

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notarize the application for MacOS

Box Drive seems to be notarized, however the Box Tools / Box Edit installer is currently not, so my system warns me that this is "an application downloaded from the internet".

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retain completed tasks in the Notification CEnter

We would like to find tasks completed by others in our Notifications Center. Right now, Tasks assigned to other users disappear from our list when the task is complete. We want to be able to see completed tasks.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disallow group admin from elevating group permission from admin console above their collaboration access

Currently if a group admin is individually invited to a folder as a viewer, the group admin can add the folder to a group as editors.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    delivered  ·  katiele responded

We have removed the ability for group admins to elevate access levels to folders. This has been shipped and is available in production.

20. Qs re: API and "is_external_collab_restricted" parameter

I believe that the API allows for updating the "isexternalcollab_restricted" parameter. However, the API documentation and example does not illustrate this. Would you kindly update the documentation on this?

If I'm wrong and adjusting this paramter via the API actually isn't possible, would it be possible to request this be available?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base