Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color coded shared folders for Box Drive

Need ability to determine what folders have been shared in Box Drive without having to revert back to the Web UI to verify if Blue/Yellow/Grey etc..

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under consideration  ·  7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Box files directly in Teams

When files are stored directly inside of Teams, you can click on these files and “Edit in Teams” directly. If you click on files sourced from Box, however, you get an ugly preview of the file and have to navigate to Box in order to make edits, which is a clunky experience.

Doing this will require Box to inherit sharing rules as defined in Teams. In other words, I should be allowed to at least view if not edit files shared with me in Teams, even if I don't have access to the underlying folder in Box. Perhaps it could…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are exploring approaches to enable editing within Teams as this is a highly requested feature. Given the complexity to implement, we do not have a shareable timeline at this point.

3. Allow configuration of permissions to apply and change each classification created

To apply or change a classification, select "Owners/co-owners and editors" in the classification settings, and then click Users with editorial privileges or higher can apply and change the classifications.
    However, by implementing a feature that allows configuration of permissions to apply and change each classification created, the Security can be enhanced.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tale over the settings in shield trial mode

Currently, the trial mode classification and settings will disappear at the end of the trial period.
    If we have a Shield contract, we would like to take over its classification and settings.

By eliminating the need to set them up again in the production environment, we can make a smooth transition.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tables - need change the background color

I think the table need to be change background color. Background color can use to make table header or important table cell.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File Request Email Validation

Provide the ability to have the email address provided in a File Request form to be validated either generically to make sure the email is a real address or to require them to authenticate themselves. This is critical for organizations that have strict security and compliance requirements and can't accept the risk of someone getting a hold of the File Request link and uploading malicious content or inundate their folders with nonsense files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select folders to sync

Select folders to sync with Box Drive rather than having to sync all folders.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Users already have the ability to selectively sync (mark content for offline access) today in Box Drive. What I believe you’re asking for is a curated view of content you select to show up in Box Drive. That’s something we’re considering as we think about how to solve the content sprawl issue in Box Drive.

8. "Select All" or "Select All Folders/Subfolders" when running a report on a specific folder

When running a report on a "Selected Folder" would be helpful to be able to "Select All" or "Select All Folders/Subfolders" versus having to select each and every file/folder.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. bulk manage Shared Links

Provide a way for all shared links in an account to have their permission levels / access levels / expiry dates modified in bulk, rather than having to change each one individually which is extremely time consuming for large doc sets.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  17 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase the 10,000 Limit for Groups

Currently if you create more than 10,000 groups, the groups at the bottom of the list alphabetically cannot be searched for when creating a collaboration.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. External 2FA - use email instead of SMS

2FA for external users - have the option to have the second factor email instead of text. Or give the option for either text or email.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  9 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the ability to customize and brand the embeded File Request widget

Add the ability to customize and brand the embeded File Request widget.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Metadata triggers without folder specification

--I want Box Relay to be able to kick workstreams off in sub-folders that don't exist yet. We have a general "Accounts" folder, and I want my metadata tag triggers to affect sub folders in that parent folder. However, the metadata trigger requires me to specify which specific folder to trigger the Relay within. I suggest one of two things:
    1. Remove the need for folder specification. If I have a metadata trigger, do I really need to specify the folder in which the content lives? Relay should scan for that metadata tag, wherever it occurs.
    2. Allow for Relay…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send a "here's how your items are shared" report to each user periodically

One of the most common sources of security breaches is due to a user inadvertently sharing an item more broadly or for longer than they intended.

A simple way to help limit those sorts of security breaches would be for Box to email every user a report periodically (configurable by the admin, but roughly monthly) that said "Here's how everything you own is shared with other people, and here's a link to the KB article that'll tell you how to fix it if it's not what you want", then showed a report of their folders, files, and shared links, with…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email Address Lists Shield

To support ethical walls, it would be advantageous to be able to create lists of email addresses for different teams within the same company so that collaboration and shared link access can be restricted. Example for private side, public side employees within an investment bank content could be classified for each with access controls in place to prevent sharing and collaboration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Force Box Drive to sync status with Box every time file is touched .

for example: User A locks a file, User B opens the file in drive (the lock status still hasn’t sync’d down user’s machine yet)
    User B edits the file and tries to save but Drive will show that it wasn’t able to save back the change to box and creates a problematic file.
    User B closes the file, and then reopens the file. The change User B made still shows up.
    Onedrive checks for the latest status every time it opens a file or when you try to save a file it will sync status with what is in the…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need Tags in Mac Finder to be Supported in Box Drive

After installing Box Drive, you have to re-tag all of your folders in Finder. As if that is not annoying enough, the folders you tag (colored circles) don't show up when you click on the tags in the sidebar of Finder. Bottom line, Box Drive needs to support Tags in Mac OS' finder just like the Box Sync did.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. folder report

Allow Box Folder owners to run a file/folder report

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. File request link and folder metadata in Box embed framework

Please expose file request link and folder metadata in Box embed framework that is leveraged in the Salesforce integration. This allows Salesforce users to have additional differentiation beyond what salesforce has and would open up our CCM use cases for onboarding as well as some records management.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  Partner Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow reorganization of received collaborated folders

I would like to request that all users are allowed, as non-folder owners, to place shared folders inside non-shared folders. This allows for better organization for users and therefore an overall better user experience. All other cloud services that I am a part of allow this.

Example:
    I own the folders "fruit" and "orange." Someone else owns the folder "apple" and shares it with me. Currently, I cannot place the folder "apple" inside of my "fruit" folder. I would like to request this is changed.

Currently, Box permissions (and as it was explained to me, security) does not allow it.…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base