Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide folders from Box Drive

hide a set of folders from box drive while leaving them available on Box for office and Box online

443 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under consideration  ·  67 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared With Me - Folder Management for Collaboration Folders

We would like to have a "Shared with Me" folder for any folders we have been collaborated into.

We continually get feature requests for Box to allow a way to organize content shared with me. For example, I'd like to create a "Shared with me" folder that all the content shared with me could be organized into.
    I envision this could happen in one of a few ways and there would need to be some determination how much control the end user has....

Option 1:
    - Allow end users to check a setting that would create a folder called "Shared…

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a feature on the roadmap that will allow you to organize content that you own or that has been shared with you into private groupings. We are also looking at the best way to solve for additional shared with me features based on common customer pain points

3. Add filter function to Event API to limit the result by specifying a path collection

Event API result is a list of all updated files in an "entire" site.
    For enterprise use-cases, the volume of this returned data is inevitably very large.
    Thus, even if a part of site needs to be monitored, the network bandwidth is consumed unnecessarily and it casues the performance issue.
    Could you add a filter function to Event API so that the API returns only events related to the files in the specified path collection?

This is the API asking to enhance
    https://developer.box.com/en/guides/events/for-enterprise/

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include Path Collection in the result of Event API

Event API does not include the path collection for updated files. Thus, to get the updated files, another File Info API should be called.
    This situation increases the number of API calls and causes the complexity of the client program and the performance issue.
    Could you include the path collection in Event API results?

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Folder-Level Activity Reporting: Ability to Report on Activity and Access Stats at the Folder Level

Add an 'export' option available for folder Owners & Co-Owners to export various items at the folder level (meaning in the webapp - not the Admin Console) for

--Activity (uploads, download, moves, previews, create shared link, invite collaborators, etc.) in the folder
    --Collaborations
    --Etc.

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color coded shared folders for Box Drive

Need ability to determine what folders have been shared in Box Drive without having to revert back to the Web UI to verify if Blue/Yellow/Grey etc..

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box Drive: Change cache location

It would be really awesome to allow the box drive cache location to be placed somewhere other than C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Box\Box\cache, say on on a separate volume that doesn't consume space on C: (boot / application drive). Ideally I would like to place it on my second ssd D:

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  84 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Thumbnail Support for Box Drive

Especially useful in a marketing/creative shared folder

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  16 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Select folders to sync

Select folders to sync with Box Drive rather than having to sync all folders.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Users already have the ability to selectively sync (mark content for offline access) today in Box Drive. What I believe you’re asking for is a curated view of content you select to show up in Box Drive. That’s something we’re considering as we think about how to solve the content sprawl issue in Box Drive.

11. Expose Favorites in Box Drive

Favorites are becoming more and more popular now that they're better exposed (in the left rail) in the new Web App.

As such, users expect to access their Favorites list regardless of which endpoint they're using - webapp (supported), mobile (supported), or desktop (not supported via Sync or Box for Desktop).

REQUEST: Add a 'Favorites' view to Box for Desktop content (somehow) that allows the user to view only their Favorites (files + folders) just like they do in the webapp.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  9 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow the "User Activity" report to be run for a folder and all sub-folders & content within that folder

Today, the admin may select to run the "User Activity" report for a particular folder. When run for a particular folder, the report will only filter on the contents of the selected folder, and not the contents of subfolders within. Request that the report includes the folder and all sub-folders & contents within that folder, removing the need to run the report at the enterprise level and filtering to a particular folder path from there.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Root Folder Organization: Organize folders into personal subfolders even if they are not owners

Requesting ability to move folders shared with you into sub-folders you choose to create & manage (not impacting the true location/hierarchy of the shared folder itself established by the folder owner)

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  17 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Jump to the same path on Box Drive directly from Box Web

Like Dropbox app, we would like a capability to move directly from Box Web to Box Drive. The usecase behind this is that we want to edit a file from Box Drive not Box Edit but want to search on Box Web.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a Box group/alias or ability to select a different name to replace the workflow owner’s name.

I’ve created several Relay workflows across the business and the issue I found is that people are reaching out to me because my name is tied to a task that is assigned to them. Often times, I do not have any context to the workflow so it results in me having to reach out to the person who started/uploaded the document. We want to avoid approvers having to reach out to the workflow owner vs. the actual owner of the program. This process would not be sustainable if it were rolled out to a larger company.

Currently Example: Hayley creates…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  18 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove multiple collaborators from folders

Box currently does not have a way to remove multiple collaborators at bulk.
    Currently, admin needs to manually remove multiple users by opening the appropriate folder and removing users one at a time.

Suggestion can also apply to removing collaborators from multiple folders.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely considering this feature given the pain points that users are facing today! Please comment with your specific use cases and the challenges you’re facing so our team can prioritize and solution accordingly.

19. Force Box Drive to sync status with Box every time file is touched .

for example: User A locks a file, User B opens the file in drive (the lock status still hasn’t sync’d down user’s machine yet)
    User B edits the file and tries to save but Drive will show that it wasn’t able to save back the change to box and creates a problematic file.
    User B closes the file, and then reopens the file. The change User B made still shows up.
    Onedrive checks for the latest status every time it opens a file or when you try to save a file it will sync status with what is in the…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow bulk actions to be interrupted (such as copy/move/restore/delete)

When users copy / move / restore / delete a large number of items, we want them to be able to cancel if they notice a mistake along the way.
    Currently, when processing a large number of items in Box, we need to wait until the process is completed even if we notice a mistake.
    When processing large numbers of items, processing may require several days.
    During that time, folders and files are locked.
    Please make it possible to interrupt the process on the way.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base