Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relay lite: allow admin to change the workflow owner

Box Relay creates a workflow (Folder creates a task that requests invoice processing and is used to manage outstanding tasks) that enables clerical employees to process invoices more efficiently. However, when the employee is transferred, the workflow that has been created is not transferred to the next person in charge. If a useful workflow can be managed as a company, not as an individual (Change the workflow owner for contact changes), it will be very useful for business efficiency.

21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changes to workflow builder functionality

Create changes to workflow builder functionality:
    1. Allow folder Editors to be able to build workflows (we have very few co-admins)
    2. Allow the workflow builder to specify who is assigning the task (or make it generic.) Just because Bob builds the workflow doesn't mean his name should be on the assigning task.

22 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow users to share built workflows

Allow workflow builders to share their workflows with each other. Currently workflows need to be rebuilt by each user whereas it would save a lot of time to be able to share these workflows that have already been built.

21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. relay folder event in several folders

When You create a Relay automation You only have the possibility to manager an event folder in one folder. If You need the same scenario in other folders, You have to duplicate the stream as many times You have needed folders.
    The best way is to get the possibility to choose all folders You need the same event with the same scenario in one shot and not be polluted with x time the same one only because the event has to be trapped in another folder.

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This is on our roadmap for Q3. The feature will enable you to cascade a workflow to subfolders, starting with workflows built with the Manual Start trigger. Please feel free to post additional requirements or use cases in this Pulse suggestion for us to consider. Thank you!

5. Relay workflow sharing across users

As far as I can tell, only the person who has created the Relay workflow has access to the workflow and I can't share the workflow I have already created with one of my colleagues. As a result, if he wants to start a new workflow using the same flow that I had built, he has to start over as I can't share mine with him. This is a really basic function you need to create ASAP if you want adoption with Relay.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File Request - Assign to Other Collaborator Permission Levels

Please allow Editors to send File Requests. Currently, only Owners and Co-Owners can send file requests. It would be extremely helpful if Editors could as well. In our organization, we have many with editor rights that could take advantage of this feature and would gain great efficiency . Making these users a Co-Owner will not work with our current permissions segregation.

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Metadata triggers without folder specification

--I want Box Relay to be able to kick workstreams off in sub-folders that don't exist yet. We have a general "Accounts" folder, and I want my metadata tag triggers to affect sub folders in that parent folder. However, the metadata trigger requires me to specify which specific folder to trigger the Relay within. I suggest one of two things:
    1. Remove the need for folder specification. If I have a metadata trigger, do I really need to specify the folder in which the content lives? Relay should scan for that metadata tag, wherever it occurs.
    2. Allow for Relay…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Relay: Folder picker, select folder in search

When choosing a folder when building a relay, there is a search box at the top. Often you will know the name of the folder you want to select, however, from the search results you can't put the dot in the folder name.
    Instead you have to search for the folder that contains the folder you want, then find the destination folder by scrolling down the list so that you can put a dot in the select box.

The ask is to make searching and then selecting the folder one smooth operation

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to start Box Relay workflow by selecting folder.

Currently, users are not able to start workflow by selecting folder. Customer store contract, project schedule worksheet, and project documents within a folder and like to move the folder to another folder.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Want to get File Request Link via API

We want to get File Request Link via API.

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allowing further personal branding in the "File Request" link.

Currently only able to edit title and add a description but would be link to put company logo within link.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatic Locking of Documents

It would really help our productivity to have all documents automatically lock when a user opens the file, other users that then open the document at the same time are notified they are opening a read only version since the document is currently opened by "insert user name". The file would then automatically unlock when the original user exits the file. Very similar to how Microsoft handles this with shared drives.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Box Relay variable support

Could we have a variable for approvers Instead of harcoding them to a relay?

For example, if a document contained a metadata field for approver and it was populated with a user, could we use that metadata as a variable for the approval step of the relay workflow?

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on roadmap  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Either/Or Approvers

Currently Relay does not support "either/or" approvers.

We have use cases where we have multiple approvers in a process but only need a certain amount of approvers to continue the workflow. i.e. There are 3 approvers in a process but we only need 2 out of the 3 to approve.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preview Adobe Illustrator 2020 Files

Use Adobe Illustrator 2020 file preview to show quick view or preview in file browser on Box. Rather than this message "We’re sorry, the preview didn’t load. Please re-upload the file or contact Box support." Please? Pretty please?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show progress bar for uploads when using file request widget

We would like for the File Request Widget to have a progress bar for uploads, so users can see if their upload made it to Box or if it failed.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. API for Box Relay and Relay Lite

As the same as Relay Classic workflow, we would like Box to accept API for Box Relay and Relay Lite.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep workflows active even after users are deactivated

I was reading through FAQs for Box Relay and I see that if a user is deleted their workflows are deactivated....

With no way to transfer workflows from one user to another don't you see this as a HUGE problem with the product?

If we are expected to use this in production to manage enterprise documents, what are we supposed to do when someone who created the workflows is removed? This would be a huge impact to any org. Especially if someone on a team is the creator of all the workflows. This would require someone to recreate them, and…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Relay error messaging for missing info

If there is info missing, the relay workflow can still be saved. Instead of wiping out all that you've drafted, it goes into an inactive state so you don’t lose your work when you close the window.

Even better would be if the error tells you WHERE you are missing info. Instead of the vague, “please fill out all required fields before saving" messaging

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to run relay workflows as a group

Relay workflows and approval tasks are started and sent as the user that created the relay. Ideally you want to get the box approval task that is sent to the users to approve to look like it is coming from the team that is requesting the approval.

Example: Invoice approval
    When an invoice approval relay starts, pick dept. from metadata and start an approval process to the appropriate user as defined in the workflow. The user gets an email that says 'boxadmin' (in out case the user that created the relay) has sent you an approval task.

It would be…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base