Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set box capture capacity limit

We would like a way to set a capacity limit for Box Capture.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create and assign tasks from mobile

Create and assign tasks from mobile.

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to remove collections from mobile

Ability to remove collection on mobile

Mobile Application doesn't allow users to remove collection. Users need to remove it from Box WebApp at this moment. It would be better to remove it within the mobile application.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Updates are no longer unlimited... WHY?

Updates are essential... Box won't allow viewing of updates on the Mobile app anymore, and with the latest update, the Updates feature on desktop only goes back 24 hours... This is unacceptable.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot Search from Box app "Favorites" of iOS (iPhone/iPad)

Cannot Search from Box app "Favorites" of iOS (iPhone/iPad)

After updating the Box app on iOS (iPhone/iPad) to version 5.1.3, the search icon (magnifying glass) disappeared from the top right of the "Favorites" screen and search is disabled.

Requesting for the improvement of the function so that search function is enabled from "Favorites" screen just like in version 5.1.2 of Box application.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File Picker utilizing mobile deep link for Box iOS/Android App

Dropbox has a library called Chooser, which makes it easy to select files in Dropbox from custom Mobile apps. ( https://www.dropbox.com/developers/chooser#ios )

Dropbox Chooser uses mobile deep link bidirectionally to move between a custom app and the Dropbox app. As for Box app, mobile deep link is one-way; the Box app can be opened but it is not possible to select files and go back to the custom app.

The major advantages of using Dropbox Chooser for service providers are as follows.
    - No need to make additional UI for the file chooser
    - No need to authenticate or handle…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. iPhone default preview mode

With the recent iOS app update, all PDF’s when previewed in Landscape mode display the “activity” screen on the right hand side by default. This is an unwanted feature and I would prefer defaults to show the "activity" screen collapsed.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In App PDF reader changes make the app frustrating to use

Recently the UI for the PDF reader changed. I use Box primarily to read review copies of comic books, which DC Comics only make available to view in the app. Until recently this worked fine on my iPad, displaying the full page as I flipped through. I even liked the page flip of the interface enough that I upload other review copies to read them in the app. About three weeks ago, something in the UI changed, and now it no longer displays the full page, and I have to scroll on each page to read the whole thing. In…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When we open a PDF with the Box app (Box for EMM) on iPad, the Activity column appears on the right side of the screen.

When we open a PDF with the Box app (Box for EMM) on iPad, the Activity column appears on the right side of the screen.
    It takes a lot of work to maximize this PDF, as you have to make one click each time.
    We would like to prevent Activity from being displayed by default when previewing a PDF.

If we use our iPad vertically, Activity will not be displayed, but it is assumed that we will use it horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apptec

We use an EMM called Apptec360 to manage our mobile devices. It would be nice if this can be supported by Box for EMM.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an identifier that ADFS can find that app is Box for EMM in User-Agent.

Could you please consider adding an identifier that ADFS can find that app is Box for EMM in User-Agent.

We found Box for EMM does not include any identifier like "Box for EMM" in its User-Agent when doing authentication with MAM checked-in. We just only allow access that "Box for EMM" includes in User-Agent. Therefore, ADFS cannot determine whether an application is Box for EMM or not and the user is unable to access from Box for EMM.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use fingerprint to authenticate instead of four digit passcode on Mobile

Box Mobile App -- Fingerprint authentication (Instead of 4-digit passcode)

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to accept invitation request to “Join Enterprise” via Mobile app

We would like a way to see and accept invitation request for “Join Enterprise,” not only in Web browsers but also in Mobile [Box for iOS/Android] too.

At the moment, users are unable to confirm and click “Accept” for the invitation request, when they log-in via [Box for iOS/Android].
    When there are many users who uses iPads only, it would take so much time and effort for them to access to Box via Web browser everytime, only to accept the invitation.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tag and Metadata support still missing on Mobile?

Hello, new user here evaluating Box.com for several cloud integrations within our company. I am searching the community for info on searching/filtering by tags and/or metadata via the Box mobile apps. I am confused... I am seeing replies back from Box support dating all the way back to 2017 saying that tag/metadata support on mobile is one of the most requested features. Yet neither seem to have been implemented as of Q2 2020? Am I missing something? What is the justification for lack of attention to such fundamental (and highly requested) features for your mobile apps? Whatever the case, it…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CAPTURE for a SurfacePro?

App for BOX members to download that will work the same way CAPTURE does for iPhone and iPad but on a SurfacePro? I need my inspectors to be able to quickly snap photos, videos or document scans and then upload and securely share them with Box on a SurfacePro. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Intergrate with SOTI Mobicontrol as an EMM provider

Please integrate with SOTI Mobicontrol as an EMM provider.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock files from remote devices (Smartphone and tablets).

Today, the unability to lock a file from smartphone and tablet is a huge problem for using Box by fields teams, creating many conflicts on files.
    Indeed, our fields teams don't want to use Box because this functionality is not vailable.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unify nomenclature for permission levels between mobile and web clients

We've noticed that the same feature is called differently in Desktop-browser, iOS app and Android app

Specifically the link type 'Invited people only' is called 'People in this folder' in iOS (which I actually like better) and 'People in this file and folder' in Android

Can you pass this feedback onto the product team? I don't think it makes sense to be inconsistent between the platforms

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base