Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase maximum file size beyond 32GB

Requests to extend maximum single file upload size beyond 32GB. Please comment with use cases and file size limit of request.

294 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Our Product Team will review your use case and comments and reply back within 1-2 months. Continue to share your comments on this suggestion.

2. Create a Task to provide a notification

Create a Task to provide a notification to a user. For example if a document has been moved, this Task would create a notification to Bob that the file has been moved. He shouldn't have to do anything with this or approve or complete it, just be notified.

23 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Locked Files

It would be REALLY great if there were a way in Box to pull up all of the files you have locked. My team shares tons of excel files all day long. If I forget to unlock a file, no one else knows if they can get in. Half the time I'm not in it but forgot to unlock it. If there were a way to pull up all files at any given time in one place that I've locked where I could unlock them from that screen if I'm no longer in them, it would save us a lot…

32 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View Tags in Collections

The organization heavily uses tags to help with search and sorting. We'd like to have our Tags show on files folders/files when looking at a Collection

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folder path under Trash

Under Trash, please add "folder path". If there was a bulk delete of many files in a folder, we want to confirm the file belongs in the folder path, before we restore the files.

28 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the use of Linux devices as approved devices.

We had Linux based user using Box web console and as of the July update, they are no longer able to access Box. I would like to see Linx OS be added to the approved Operating Systems list in the Admin Console for enterprise settings.

38 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase the 10,000 Limit for Groups

Currently if you create more than 10,000 groups, the groups at the bottom of the list alphabetically cannot be searched for when creating a collaboration.

29 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix accessibility of iOS app please

Please make the iOS app more accessible.

Issue: When navigating folders, focus is on the wrong folder and there is no way to fix it. To replicate, turn on VoiceOver and drag your finger over the folders to navigate and hear them read aloud, stopping before you get to the bottom of the page. Then swipe to navigate through the folders. By the time you get to the bottom of the first page's list, the focus is lost and the only way to get it back is to kill the app and restart it. Frustrating when you have multiple pages…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove the character limit on invite messages. the message portion is vital my account and sending specific instructions on folder use

remove the character limit on invite messages. the message portion is vital my account and we need to sending specific instructions on folder use and access. this is best when included with the link to the folder as sent by box. ALSO there is nowhere on the site or in the share section that even states there is now a character limit, instead it's just kicking back the invite and preventing it from being sent.

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File Type request: .log files (text)

A lot of applications output their logs with the extension .log. These are just text files (.txt) with a .log extension. Unfortunately, files with .log extensions can't load in preview. Please allow .log files to load in preview (for desktop and mobile interfaces).

21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to click through hyperlinks in preview rather than having user download content

This applies to...
    — PDFs
    — PowerPoints
    And other similar file types

39 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More specific error messages when uploads fail

When manually uploading a new version of a file, I received a "Some Uploads Fail" message. Only later did I see it was because there was another file of the same name in the folder. The error message should be more specific to this problem.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! The uploads manager should always have a more specific error message that demonstrates what the underlying problem was. In any case, we will review our current error message to understand how it could be improved.

13. Capture in the native Box App

We would like to put together a mobile adoption plan but think it would easier for users to adopt mobile if Capture was not a secondary app, rather in the native app.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base