Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create reports for Shield actions/tracking

Create reporting for Shield activities, including the following:
    1) Classifications applied by their name (i.e. 'externalpublic used on 157 folders/files'). This would help determine popular and unpopular classifications.
    2) User who applied the classification label and each time they applied one (i.e. Person A applied shield classification labels on 10/1, 10/2, 10/3, etc). Helps see who is using the labels and how frequently.
    3) User and which label they applied (i.e. Person B applied the external
    public label on 10/1, 10/2, 10/3, etc.). Helps see a combo of the above two bullets.
    4) Number of times a shield classification…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Locked Files

It would be REALLY great if there were a way in Box to pull up all of the files you have locked. My team shares tons of excel files all day long. If I forget to unlock a file, no one else knows if they can get in. Half the time I'm not in it but forgot to unlock it. If there were a way to pull up all files at any given time in one place that I've locked where I could unlock them from that screen if I'm no longer in them, it would save us a lot…

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dropdown list is overlapped

When there is not enough space for dropdown list to show on direction of bottom, currently it shows on top, but top is not a appropriate choice because maybe there is less space on top of the menu button.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  0 comments  ·  New UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folder path under Trash

Under Trash, please add "folder path". If there was a bulk delete of many files in a folder, we want to confirm the file belongs in the folder path, before we restore the files.

31 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the use of Linux devices as approved devices.

We had Linux based user using Box web console and as of the July update, they are no longer able to access Box. I would like to see Linx OS be added to the approved Operating Systems list in the Admin Console for enterprise settings.

38 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the 10,000 Limit for Groups

Currently if you create more than 10,000 groups, the groups at the bottom of the list alphabetically cannot be searched for when creating a collaboration.

29 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. remove the character limit on invite messages. the message portion is vital my account and sending specific instructions on folder use

remove the character limit on invite messages. the message portion is vital my account and we need to sending specific instructions on folder use and access. this is best when included with the link to the folder as sent by box. ALSO there is nowhere on the site or in the share section that even states there is now a character limit, instead it's just kicking back the invite and preventing it from being sent.

20 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to click through hyperlinks in preview rather than having user download content

This applies to...
    — PDFs
    — PowerPoints
    And other similar file types

40 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More specific error messages when uploads fail

When manually uploading a new version of a file, I received a "Some Uploads Fail" message. Only later did I see it was because there was another file of the same name in the folder. The error message should be more specific to this problem.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! The uploads manager should always have a more specific error message that demonstrates what the underlying problem was. In any case, we will review our current error message to understand how it could be improved.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base