Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

221 results found

1. zip file decompression function

Zip files cannot currently be unzipped in Box.
    We would like to add additional functionality because it would reduce the risk of virus infection and improve user convenience by allowing users to unzip Zip files in Box without downloading them.
    It would be even better if you could also support Zip files with passwords.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. FTP - Root Level Access

When connecting to Box via FTP you are logged into a session that is specific to your user account even if you are the Box administrator. In standard FTP server administration practice you can set which directory a user is dumped into upon login. There should be an administrator level setting that can be enabled to choose at which level the Admin account gets logged into, in this case the FTP root.

Currently when logging into Box FTP via Admin account you are defaulted to \FTP.box.com\Users\Admin and do not have permissions to jump up a directory to \FTP.box.com\Users

You should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a new security level of "Restrict"

I understand the current security levels may once have reflected some technical details e.g. the permissions that might be assigned in a particular file system. However, this could be enhanced by a new security level ("Forbidden", "Excluded", "Restrict" or whatever makes sense) that is applied by exception.

A simple example:

Folder "News" has All Company as viewers.

Group "Contractors" are invited as "Restrict" access.

Whenever any user seeks access e.g. viewing the contents of the folder that contains folder "News", they will of course inherit the permissions from the parent, but before being allowed to see "News" Box first checks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The login page I land on does not have an SSO option.

There is no SSO login button on the login page that I land on when sent there from a SLACK link.
    Every login page, no matter how I am sent to it, should have identical functionality! Basic coding practice says a feature should be implemented once, and used everywhere. I need to login with SSO. I need the SSO login button on EVERY login page I may be presented.
    As a WORKAROUND, I need to remember I need to use SSO, then manually go to another random login page and use the SSO there to get a token .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Locating who/when files are Moved/Removed (accidentally or on purpose)

If a user moves/renames/removes files, the URLs shouldn't simply be dead links now. Please record information so that impacted users know When the file was moved/removed, and WHO did the action.
    I recently had Box Notes and Folders get moved or removed. And while I know who SHOULD have been the owner of the content, anyone else having problems finding the content wouldn't know who to contact.
    So if a box link was previously valid, and that content has moved or removed, leaving some breadcrumb for the user, about who to contact, when the content was moved/removed, etc, can help…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Progress Bar when uploading and restoring

Is there any progress bar or any visible information where we can know the progress of tasks being run? For example, I wanted to recover a 200gb folder. It took a long time to find the data that needed to be restored. This is a similar thing when uploading files onto Box onto the web app. There is a progress bar but when a user goes to a new page it disappears and it is still running in the background

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Same editing functions across BOX

Ability to use the same shortcuts both in file view and desktop view. Ability to modify tool bar and create custom shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Separate folder move and copy function

As far as i understand, the move and copy folder function in Box Web is combined from a role perspective. That means a user must have Co-Owner rights to move a folder but also to copy a folder. I agree that moving a folder means deleting the folder on the source location which may need elevated role. But copying a folder only needs read access on the source folder. So it would be great to separate these two functions and make the copy function available to users who have editor role on the target folder and have at least previewer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Movement between Tenant

Currently when you make a movement between a Box tenant, based on Folder and File, the behaviour is different.

Folder: it will be an error
    File: it will be moved without any message

I would like it to be error for Files movement and also copying too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alias files/ links to files

Oftentimes, a file has more than just one "right place" within a folder structure.
    For example, if you have a folder for the HR-department and a folder for the legal-team, both teams need to access the subfolder "employment contracts".
    On local Windows Explorer or Apple Finder it is possible to create alias-files that link to the "main-file", so you can access a file from multiple locations.
    Such a feature is not available in Box. Since it is cruicial for files that needs to be accessed from different locations/ teams, I am asking you to implement this feature.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Natively view .MP4 or other standard video files in Box

It would be nice to be able to view videos in standard video formats natively within box for team training and information purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Access for external collaborators by FTPS not limited to initial bulk uploading.

Allow unlimited access for External business partners who use proper file transfer protocols such as SFTP or FTPS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need the ability for users to rename shared folders that will not affect the name for other users.

Honestly the entire functionality of the shared folders within box could use an upgrade. We switched from Dropbox to Box because we thought it had more features and better for business, but it blows my mind that we could rename shared folders in Dropbox on a user level, and it does not affect other users that share the folder, but Box won't allow that? Make it very difficult for individual users to customize their folder structure and such in a way that works for them. It's way to restrictive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove File Size Limit

File sizes only continue to grow as video quality improves due to better technology. Our video teams have some files that are 700 GB or more. We are unable to use Box as a backup solution because of the file size limit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Folder Under Retention Should Not Be Purged From Trash

When a folder is deleted from trash that contains files under retention policy it causes issues because the files are no longer visible to the customer to recover them. This happens if the trash admin setting is set to purge all trash in a certain time period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enterprise Branding

Our box Enterprise consists of a holding company and multiple organizations under the holding company. Having the ability to brand at multiple levels and have that brand be respected consistently.
    Example
    Holding Company - One brand
    Org 1 - specific branding
    Org 2 - specific branding
    and so on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If I move a file, let me leave a hint to the new location in the original folder

When a shared file or folder is renamed and/or moved to a different folder, retain a hint in its original location that it's been moved so that "Search in folder" can helpfully inform that the file/folder has been moved or renamed, and provide a link to the new location. The user does not need to see the current name of the file, or its new location. When they follow the link, they access the file/folder according to how it's shared at its new location.

An expandable "Recently moved" area in each folder could provide a compact list of files and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to edit file request

I created a file request with 3 different file request upload boxes (videos, images, quotes), but didn't know that users MUST upload something into the first box or they would get an error. It would be VERY helpful to either be able to edit a file request (so I can change it to just one upload box) or allow people to upload into ANY of the file request boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back WebDav support

Please bring back WebDav support. It had better performance than Box Drive or Sync and was easier to setup for Linux or Windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base