Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add filter function to Event API to limit the result by specifying a path collection

Event API result is a list of all updated files in an "entire" site.
    For enterprise use-cases, the volume of this returned data is inevitably very large.
    Thus, even if a part of site needs to be monitored, the network bandwidth is consumed unnecessarily and it casues the performance issue.
    Could you add a filter function to Event API so that the API returns only events related to the files in the specified path collection?

This is the API asking to enhance
    https://developer.box.com/en/guides/events/for-enterprise/

295 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Include Path Collection in the result of Event API

Event API does not include the path collection for updated files. Thus, to get the updated files, another File Info API should be called.
    This situation increases the number of API calls and causes the complexity of the client program and the performance issue.
    Could you include the path collection in Event API results?

276 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Increase maximum file size beyond 32GB

Requests to extend maximum single file upload size beyond 32GB. Please comment with use cases and file size limit of request.

284 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Our Product Team will review your use case and comments and reply back within 1-2 months. Continue to share your comments on this suggestion.

4. Ability to see (and if permitted, restore) deleted files

Box currently does not have the ability to show deleted files in a particular folder. Only the owner and the user who deleted files will see them in Trash but not by folder. With large numbers of files in multiple folders, this becomes quite unmanageable quickly and relying on the folder owner to restore files is unnecessarily restrictive.

Folders should have an option to see deleted files and if permitted (editor or higher, or a separate permission) allow users other than the owner and the user who deleted files to restore them.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Freedom to move folders

Content sprawl is our #1 challenge. Please let us organize our folders. We don't want to interfere with the permissions, but I want to have an "Active Projects" folder and a "Project Archive" folder where I can drag and drop those relevant folders in.

96 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Relay Trigger action for Folder Metadata

Currently you can trigger on the metadata values for a file. Can we add the same trigger for a metadata change on a folder?

Situation: Parent folder metadata change should cause an action that affects all children. i.e. move the folder and all children to another location.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Global ability to lock all files that are opened

We want all files "locked" when opened so that any other user would be notified that the file is opened by another user and they can look in "read-only" view.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow forward slashes in Box Folder names

Allow forward slashes in Box Folder names

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Upload Limit

The current upload limit for the email listener in Box is 50MB. There should be options to increase.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We would like to have the ablilty to create two folders in different places within our BOX environment and for these two folder to stay sync

We would like to have the ability to create two folders in different places within our BOX environment and for these two folder to stay sync'd. If we add a file into one folder it is added to the other folder also. If we remove a file from one of the folders it is removed from the other folder. What ever change takes place in one folder is duplicated in it's sync'd folder

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. API endpoint to return ALL objects (recursively) but simplified to create browser tree

I am using the jstree library in my application to create a full browser tree of a user's BOX resources. Please create an endpoint to return ALL objects (recursive) available to an authenticated user inside one root folder . These objects would only require the object ID, TYPE, NAME, VERSION and PARENT(parent-id as string instead of parent object). The jstree lib can take this data and create an entire file browsing tree and then users would call up more information when they click on an object. This would greatly reduce the number of API calls to your server and possibly…

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to have data residency for China to meet "The Cyber Security Law of the People's Republic of China"

The ability to have data residency for China to meet "The Cyber Security Law of the People's Republic of China"

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Separate pricing for 32GB outside of DB Suite

Currently 32GB is available as part of the Digital Business Suite. Capturing requests to have a separate pricing or SKU for it outside of DB. Please note down your request / customer

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. box for individual

Add more plan options for individuals. 100GB is not enough to store hardly any of my data.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The support for large contents migration Snowball(AWS) type of migration should be supported by Box.

Snowball(AWS) type of migration should be supported by Box. Especially the customers who have tons of files/folders as TB/PB level has a hard time for content to move from Windows servers to Cloud systems like Box.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow me to link to other folders and files in box

I can create a bookmark to another folder in box, but the experience and visualisation of these is not useful - links to folders get lost in the file list.

Bookmarks to other folders in box, should be listed as a folder, not a file, perhaps with a different icon to show they are linked folders rather than hierarchic folders.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow reorganization of received collaborated folders

I would like to request that all users are allowed, as non-folder owners, to place shared folders inside non-shared folders. This allows for better organization for users and therefore an overall better user experience. All other cloud services that I am a part of allow this.

Example:
    I own the folders "fruit" and "orange." Someone else owns the folder "apple" and shares it with me. Currently, I cannot place the folder "apple" inside of my "fruit" folder. I would like to request this is changed.

Currently, Box permissions (and as it was explained to me, security) does not allow it.…

20 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for some special letters from other languages

I think it's kind of a bug or i don't know: when the file i try to upload have in it's name "not so ordinary" characters i will get an error. Letters like these ones, with symbols: ä, á, ç, é, ñ, etc, there are others, you get the point. Just sayin`...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix file/folder size, counts, dates and storage

I'd like to preface this by saying that this is a bug that needs to be fixed, not an idea. Even so, Box suggested we post this here to get others to chime in and say that this should be fixed.

This is a problem that's been around for at least 1.5 years.

Often, when an account's folders and files are transferred to someone else, the account from which the data was transferred still shows something greater than 0 bytes owned. This becomes a problem for deleting that user, because we can't be sure if the transfer worked, and we…

24 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. separate owned file/folders view from all files/folders view

We need the ability when viewing a users list of files and folders to show only content owned by user. Right now files that have any collaboration at all do not show differently if owned by user or not. Ideally, we could toggle a view filter to show only files/folders owned by user if needed.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base