Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview files about xdw, xbd and xct in Box for iOS.

Please support xdw, xbd and xct files in Box for iOS.

Box for iOS can preview files supported by Box, such as PDF.
    However, Box for iOS can not preview xdw, xbd and xct files (*1) for the following reasons.

DocuWorks Viewer Light (iOS) (*2) implements Quick Look Preview Extension.
    Thus, an app can preview xdw, xbd and xct files if the app implements QLPreviewController.
    Although Box for iOS has already implemented QLPreviewController, previewing xdw, xbd and xct files are not supported by Box.

*1)
    a) DocuWorks Document
    extension : xdw
    MIME type : application/vnd.fujixerox.docuworks
    b) DocuWorks Binder
    extension :…

66 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add fixed-width font options

Ticket # INC4849532 - Customer wants to use Box Notes to write documents that contain code-snippets and excerpts from logs. They would like to use a fixed-width font for these snippets, but Box Notes doesn't allow them to select font and there's no style for fixed-width.

The issue is the same as the one described in this forum post: https://community.box.com/t5/Web-App-Forum/Boxnote-fixed-width-font/td-p/31194

31 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Box Drive (Windows) - Remember folder view settings

We’ve been using Box Drive since launch, and it’s been an incredible improvement in our workflow. Only a small issue has made it notably less useful in saving time, and is a known issue documented here (community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Known-Issues..)

Our file name and directory lengths are wider than the default for Box Drive/Windows. Normally Windows remembers preferences around column width, but in this case, as you know, Box Drive does not. This causes us to have to manually resize the “Name” field in every folder/directory, every time we access one. Therefore each user is having to do this perhaps dozens of times…

119 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize Collaborator Permission Levels

Any chance that we can have some flexibility in the "Collaborator Permission Levels." Can we develop a tool to edit these levels, like check which function the user can have. Having set levels with no flexibility is difficult because every user needs different access.

89 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase the maximum number of Shield Classifications beyond 25 so that we can classify each clients content to prevent mis-sharing

I would like to see the ability to add Shield Classifications per client - with the appropriate access policy (restricting to client email domain) we could avoid any possibility to overshare when inviting the wrong clients into a folder or sharing a shared link - There is a maximum number of classifications of 25 so could this be extended to facilitate this use case/control.

20 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark Mode Option

I think it would be nice to be able to either turn on a Dark Mode when I'm in a browser at Box.com or, have an option to select a different background color.
    Just one of those folk who have a time with bright white light ..

41 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. This is not currently planned for development. We will let you know if anything changes. Please continue to share your use cases in the comments.

7. 760 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Box Drive Sync Delay Indicator

Box Drive is supposed to mirror the files on the server. But we experience delays of five minutes to over an hour between when we complete an upload to Box and when other users can see the file in Box Drive. We end up having to use the web portal more frequently to download files rather than waiting for them to appear, which creates version issues and nullifies the most attractive feature of Box Drive. The old Box Sync software used red or green dots to indicate if a file had synced. Is there a way to add such an…

30 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Typically updates between box.com and Box Drive should happen very quickly. If they are not, we’d recommend filing a support ticket in case there is an issue.

9. Syncing bookmarks and Windows shortcuts between Box Drive and online.

To better organize my personal Box files and share with teams, I've saved my files in the team folder and used a Windows shortcut (in Box Drive) in my personal Box folder to link files/folders elsewhere on Box. Box Drive doesn't sync Window's shortcuts so these links are lost when working online. The workaround online is to use the bookmark function, using file/folder URLs to create shortcuts. It would be great if bookmarks or window's shortcuts synced between online and Box Drive modes. At the moment I'm having to bookmark online and shortcut on Drive to link up files and…

27 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. box notes offline

Make box notes available offline that can later be uploaded to box

26 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync multiple accounts to Box Drive

Allow multiple accounts to sync with Box Drive.

Many of us have multiple corporate/personal accounts that require local drive sync'd access.

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re not planning a ‘fast switch’ option to allow a user to easily switch between 2 different Box accounts on Box Drive while maintaining all cached data. The only option we have now is that users can ‘logout’ of their current account and sign into another account, but the caveat is that this will delete all their local cached data/MFO settings from Box Drive

12. Freedom to move folders

Content sprawl is our #1 challenge. Please let us organize our folders. We don't want to interfere with the permissions, but I want to have an "Active Projects" folder and a "Project Archive" folder where I can drag and drop those relevant folders in.

96 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core & Technical Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Web Interface Search Bug

The web interface won't let you select filters or check boxes from the pop-up menu when searching using Safari. Seems like a bug, as it used to work.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Edit in real time on Box Drive

Ability to edit a document in real time with another collaborator through Box Drive.

42 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Box Zones Japan with using Microsoft Azure

Comply to Japanese regulation which requires to store flies in Japan.
    That helps to accelerate Microsoft co-sell motion in Japan.

60 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Zones & Multizones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase number of concurrent Box Notes editors

Box Notes currently allows only 20 concurrent editors. For a conference or other large gathering it may be useful to have 100+. Please consider increasing the limit, or replacing the hard limit with an in-UI warning (e.g., "You have more than 30 people editing and performance may be reduced").

In the meantime, also please clearly document the maximum concurrent user limit and behavior in the KB.

38 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. Increasing the number of concurrent editors on Box Notes is not currently planned in our roadmap. We will continue to monitor and may revisit this in a future planning cycle, based on customer feedback.

In the meantime, we will look into updating our documentation to make sure both our limits and the user experience are clear.

17. Improve overall support response times

Overall support response times for Box standard support have been terrible as of late. I understand that most staff are working from home but this does not justify >3 day response times on tickets where functionality within your products is broken and is hindering productivity.

Did you fire half of your support staff?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. need unlimited storage for individual plan

100G is not enough for individual users. Please add add-on storage capacity for UNLIMITED STORAGE or at least 1T/2T

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How do I talk or chat with someone from box.com?

How do I talk/call or chat with someone from box.com?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Specific Access to subfolders in the same Folder

Is it possible to give to users view permission only to specific subfolders within a folder? Example: I want to upload to a master folder 5 subfolders to our daughter company partners and I want to make sure that the 3 subfolders out of the 5 of them will be viewed only from their bosses. This flexibility helps you to avoid creating 2 different folders for the same Task-Subject.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users and Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 117 118
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base