Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Menus are cut off and unusable

When I select one of the files closest to the top of the list, the menu options for "open with" and sometimes "download" are cut off. No matter how I resize my screen I can't reach those menu items. This is an issue across multiple computers, usually using Chrome.

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow default sorting to "Favorites" and created "Collections" so that they appear alphabetically.

If you have dozens or hundreds of folders in your "Favorites" and they are not sorted alphabetically, then it is nearly impossible to find your subject folder. Just make Favorites and Collections default sort alphabetically or give us the choice to set the default. Other people may want the last visited folder to be at the top, but still others may want to see it alphabetically. Please give us the option to do so as a default treatment.

56 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Web UI and custom logo

In the old UI, you could use any logo in the top left corner of the screen.

We've been given the answer that the only place we can set a logo is in the top right corner of the screen with the new UI.
    However, users are used to the logo being in the top left corner and would like to have the option to place it in the top left.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow bulk actions to be interrupted (such as copy/move/restore/delete)

When users copy / move / restore / delete a large number of items, we want them to be able to cancel if they notice a mistake along the way.
    Currently, when processing a large number of items in Box, we need to wait until the process is completed even if we notice a mistake.
    When processing large numbers of items, processing may require several days.
    During that time, folders and files are locked.
    Please make it possible to interrupt the process on the way.

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve reliability of email upload

Improve reliability of email upload

Email upload can sometimes get delayed. Most of the time upload is completed relatively soon, but sometimes it takes hours to complete. We want this feature to be more reliable and predictable.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability to abort operations such as moving, deleting, and restoring from the Trash Box that involve large amounts of content.

Add the ability to abort operations such as moving, deleting, and restoring from the Trash Box that involve large amounts of content.

Box does not have a function to abort operations such as moving or deleting folders or files containing a large amount of content, or restoring from the Trash Box. By adding this function, users can abort the operations they have done by mistake.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We want the ability to display a list of tags.

I'd like to see this kind of feature because it makes it easier to check tags by displaying them in a list.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We want the ability to add tags in batches.

Adding tags individually can be time-consuming, so I would like to see the ability to add tags in batches.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Box is too blue

make it less blue

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cursor leaves folder name field after creating new folder

I've found two bugs in the we-based box app. These have both been happening for a while now... several months at least.

First, when you create a new folder, you can no longer just start typing the name, as the cursor leaves the Folder Name field upon creation of a new folder. Having to click back in the field is a bit of a pain.

Second, often when I'm uploading something - particularly if it's hundreds of megabytes, or part of a larger upload, after finishing the list of uploads, it will begin uploading the list again. I've uploaded a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update "Not Part of Company" Text to Look Like a Button

When you share a folder or document with a client who is not a part of your organization they receive an email, they then create a login, they are then sent to a page that says "Company uses your network username and password to login to Box. Continue to login to Box through your network." There is then a Continue button and then text that read "Not part of Company" All 66 of my clients have clicked on the button and not on the text because the text does not look click-able. It would be fantastic if that text could…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make available an email address that consists of only numbers

In our file request settings, the "Email address" is set as mandatory.
    Users whose email address consists of only numbers will be marked "Invalid email address" and will not be able to upload.
    In the current specification, users of companies that use email addresses consisting of only numbers cannot upload.

Make sure that an email address consisting of only numbers is recognized as a valid email address.

ファイルリクエストの設定にて「メールアドレス」入力を必須にしています。
    メールアドレスが数字のみで構成されているユーザーは「無効なメールアドレス」と表示され、アップロードできません。
    現在の仕様では、数字のみで構成されたメールアドレスを利用している企業のユーザーはアップロードが行えません。

数字のみで構成されたメールアドレスが有効なメールアドレスとして認識されるようにしてください。

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification when someone is editing a file

Since we don't have an option to check-in/check-out of files, can you add a feature like Dropbox's badge which alerts a user when someone else is editing a file so we prevent any simultaneous version history/editing issues?

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re actively researching in this area right now, so I’d love to collect any additional feedback you might have on use cases. For example: are you primarily looking for this notification on Preview? The files list? And in which applications – Web? Box Drive? Box mobile applications?

Any additional information you provide will be much appreciated.

14. Bring back pagination

Please bring back pagination! I work with thousands of files and continuous scrolling makes it much harder to search for the last file I was working on. Pagination allows me to view a certain number of files on a page which helps so much when working with thousands of files of data.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to view Box folders and files more clearly

Currently, when we look at a list of folders or files, we feel that they are displayed in a cluttered way.
    This makes it difficult to find a particular item.
    We manage and respond to items by grouping them by tags.

We believe that the following features will make Box even more convenient for us to use in the future

・Assign any colour to the folders in the box
    ・Assign any colour to the tags in the Box
    ・The order of the tags in the Box can be rearranged by dragging.

[Boxのフォルダやファイルを更に見やすくする機能]

フォルダやファイルを一覧で見た際に、雑多に表示されており、特定のアイテムを見つけるのが難しい。
    現在は、タグによってグループ分けを行うことで対応している。

今後以下の機能が増えることでより便利にBoxを利用できると考えています。

・Boxのフォルダに任意の色を付けられるようにして欲しい。
    ・Boxのタグに任意の色を付けられるようにして欲しい。
    ・Boxのタグの順番をドラッグで並び替えられるようにして欲しい。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. progress when move files

Similar to when Upload files to Box, show a progress bar when Move files within Box. This is particularly helpful when move over a large number of files and folders.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. lock reservation function

Currently, we cannot make a reservation to lock the file.
    Customer wants lock reservation function.

Example : If folder owner select lock date to 1/2, User can edit its file until 1/1. After 1/2, user will be not able to edit it.

Use case :If this function was implemented, user can create deadline to editing file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve web site usability

When I share image folder with someone who does not have account at Box.com - their browsing experience is currently poor: it's not possible to see all photos as previews, changing their size, not possible to use arrows / swipe to navigate between previous and next full-sized picture and so on... Web site usability needs to be greatly improved to match best cloud services on the market.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Box Notes and Collections

The Box Notes interface, at the moment, only works with Favourites. It'll be great if you could choose a collection to put your Box Note into, directly from the Box Notes interface, as opposed to having to navigate to the Box folder where the note is, then select the collection.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New / Folder Modal Window on Web App - Fields Lose Focus

I'm a creature of habit and don't like change, so there are plenty of grumblings I could make about the new UI.

That being said, there's one thing that absolutely gets my goat, and I'm told that this is "expected behavior" in the new web UI.

When I click the upper right "new" then "folder" and the "lightbox" modal window appears to add information about my new folder, the old UI would focus the cursor in the naming field allowing me to just start typing.

In the new UI, this window loses focus after a short load of some small…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base