Canvas feature improvements
After trying Canvas it looks like in order to get more use out of this compared to other open white board on the market it really does need allow more flexibility and improvements such as:
- Ability to allow GIF's for presentations.
- Allow links/ bookmark to files within box within a text box.
- Allow preview box of a video or crop a video within box to show a snippet of the video for presentation.
- Allow a preview link/ bookmark to Audio file to play.
- Currently drawn notes or shapes only allow corners to expand, it would help to add in side anchor points to adjust size on the edges as well.
- Allow links from anything made within canvas to link/ bookmark to any box file type.
- Have notifications notify all users added to the Canvas or invited to let them know if a user is updating the Canvas.
- Improve the bottom left overview map to be able to click on the zone to jump to that location.
- Ability to save your own templates and access them in the templates button and reuse them for future use.
- Allow a user name/ time/ date stamp to add to each object added by a user so other users know who added the object and when.
- Allow comment box or note box to be added to each object within canvas OR provide a link to that object within the comments pane on the right hand side for users to be able to link what they have done.
- Add in animations for more flare and general interesting improvements to the look of the canvas. Example : animated note outlines/ animated flow arrows linking objects
- Ability to add and create basic tables with links/ bookmarks within them from the text.
- Ability to add in zoom in animation for presentations to move seamlessly to each zone specified or specific object.
- Ability to produce presentations with an active popup/ media pane that has a back/ forward/ play function.
- Ability to select multiple objects and group them together
- Ability to link text box or whole group to a box task
- Ability to import links to other features Example: Box note/ word/ google docs... etc etc
- Add a 'Help' popup window that shows a list of shortcuts that the user can use. Right now after testing it a little i know i can use on a mac: Copy, paste, duplicate. I am unsure what else i can do.
I really appreciate the idea of having Canvas for box.com this is a great addition so i really hope features like these get added in as you see these features in allot of whiteboards online. Thank you for Canvas so far its a nice addition i look forward to seeing what comes next.
Hi, these are all great suggestions and I would like to add a few comments of my own. We have been trailing Canvas for a month or so now and feel the below features would be very beneficial to the list above
20. Ability to lock items/shapes/objects so if you set up a board, you can lock key elements to avoid people going in an accidentally moving things around
21. A snap to grid feature (not sure that is the right term) but basically when you can align items to each other so they are all aligned to each other etc
22. More colour options in the colour palette – they are all very bright and not sure would promote accessibility
23. Ability export the canvas as a PDF