Allow Conditional Splits in Box Automate to reliably check file extension or file type
It would be very useful for Box Automate Conditional Splits to have a reliable condition for a file's actual extension or file type.
For example, I need to route files automatically:
.wav / .aif → Audio folder
.mov / .mp4 → Video folder
Everything else → Unsorted
I initially tried using the file name with conditions such as “contains .wav” or “contains .mp4,” but these conditions did not work reliably. I eventually had to look for specific words contained in our filenames instead, which is much less flexible and depends on users following a particular naming convention.
Ideally, Conditional Splits would provide properties such as:
File Extension
File Type / MIME Type
operators such as is, is one of, or ends with
This would make it possible to reliably route files based on their actual format without relying on filename conventions.
This would be especially useful inside For Each / Loop actions, where each current file could be routed according to its own file type.