Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a Box group/alias or ability to select a different name to replace the workflow owner’s name.

I’ve created several Relay workflows across the business and the issue I found is that people are reaching out to me because my name is tied to a task that is assigned to them. Often times, I do not have any context to the workflow so it results in me having to reach out to the person who started/uploaded the document. We want to avoid approvers having to reach out to the workflow owner vs. the actual owner of the program. This process would not be sustainable if it were rolled out to a larger company.

Currently Example: Hayley creates…

37 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relay lite: allow admin to change the workflow owner

Box Relay creates a workflow (Folder creates a task that requests invoice processing and is used to manage outstanding tasks) that enables clerical employees to process invoices more efficiently. However, when the employee is transferred, the workflow that has been created is not transferred to the next person in charge. If a useful workflow can be managed as a company, not as an individual (Change the workflow owner for contact changes), it will be very useful for business efficiency.

40 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Relay Workflow period Allocations based on work days rather than natural days (i.e Exclude Weekends)

When assigning a task in relay you can assign the period in days associated to the task. at This point in time this does not allow the option to assign such days to working days but only natural days. Therefore if and when a weekend occurs during the timeline of the workflow action weekend days (non-working days absorbs the task timeline. the request is that there must be an option to assign a task only for working days (excluding weekends)

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow users to share built workflows

Allow workflow builders to share their workflows with each other. Currently workflows need to be rebuilt by each user whereas it would save a lot of time to be able to share these workflows that have already been built.

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Changes to workflow builder functionality

Create changes to workflow builder functionality:
    1. Allow folder Editors to be able to build workflows (we have very few co-admins)
    2. Allow the workflow builder to specify who is assigning the task (or make it generic.) Just because Bob builds the workflow doesn't mean his name should be on the assigning task.

23 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications as a Relay workflow outcome

Add the ability to create a specific notification as an outcome/step in Relay.

I.E. "If step 2 of workflow is not complete after 5 days notify xyz person"

or

"once workflow is completed notify this group".

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto overwrite if the file is uploaded with the same name in the folder via File Request.

In the current spec, the file with the same name in the folder is uploaded via File Request, the file name is automatically changed to containing date and time.
    I want the option to overwrite the file when it has the same name of existing files.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. relay folder event in several folders

When You create a Relay automation You only have the possibility to manager an event folder in one folder. If You need the same scenario in other folders, You have to duplicate the stream as many times You have needed folders.
    The best way is to get the possibility to choose all folders You need the same event with the same scenario in one shot and not be polluted with x time the same one only because the event has to be trapped in another folder.

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This is on our roadmap for Q3. The feature will enable you to cascade a workflow to subfolders, starting with workflows built with the Manual Start trigger. Please feel free to post additional requirements or use cases in this Pulse suggestion for us to consider. Thank you!

9. Send notification after approved/rejected status change

To improve the real-time collaboration (Task activity) within each team and the team members. Automated notifications sent out to team members indicating the APPROVED/REJECTED status would help). Presently the Team leader and members use the COMMENT feature to keep the team informed. I want more automated notifications as changes occur.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Box Relay Lite email notification

The current behavior of "Box Relay Lite" is that workflow creator gets the approval notification.

The The expectations from us is that a notification email of the approval result will be sent to the approval requester who uploaded the file to the specified folder.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. File Request Timestamp

File request duplicate timestamps:

When we upload files with same file name via the file request link, time stamp will be automatically added to end of the file name in UTC+0000.

We would like a way to select the timezone used to add the timestamp (maybe the timezone abbreviation can be specified at the end of the file name timestamp for when other collaborators view it)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Relay workflow sharing across users

As far as I can tell, only the person who has created the Relay workflow has access to the workflow and I can't share the workflow I have already created with one of my colleagues. As a result, if he wants to start a new workflow using the same flow that I had built, he has to start over as I can't share mine with him. This is a really basic function you need to create ASAP if you want adoption with Relay.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allowing further personal branding in the "File Request" link.

Currently only able to edit title and add a description but would be link to put company logo within link.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Folder Event Workflow Relay Feature

Add Folder Event Workflow Relay feature. The current feature only supports File Event instead of Folder Event.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep workflows active even after users are deactivated

I was reading through FAQs for Box Relay and I see that if a user is deleted their workflows are deactivated....

With no way to transfer workflows from one user to another don't you see this as a HUGE problem with the product?

If we are expected to use this in production to manage enterprise documents, what are we supposed to do when someone who created the workflows is removed? This would be a huge impact to any org. Especially if someone on a team is the creator of all the workflows. This would require someone to recreate them, and…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow folders to be uploaded with File Request

File Request is a helpful feature, but often isn't useful as most external parties want to share folders (including sub folders) of documents with us. Can a feature be added to allow folders to be shared as part of File Request - perhaps renamed to Folder/File Request?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support multi-file for rejected task trigger in Relay

Suppose you like to assign an approval task to a person with multiple files and when the task is rejected, you like to move the package of those “rejected” files to a different folder("Rejected folder) instead of having them sat in the triggered folder.

For a single file, you can create the following workflow containing 2 flows and it works perfect as expected, however it doesn't work for multi-files...
    Flow 1: Trigger Manual start-> Outcome: Assign task -> When rejected, the flow is end
    Flow 2: Trigger Task -> Outcome: when the task is rejected, move the file to “Rejected…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to start Box Relay workflow by selecting folder.

Currently, users are not able to start workflow by selecting folder. Customer store contract, project schedule worksheet, and project documents within a folder and like to move the folder to another folder.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. File Request - Assign to Other Collaborator Permission Levels

Please allow Editors to send File Requests. Currently, only Owners and Co-Owners can send file requests. It would be extremely helpful if Editors could as well. In our organization, we have many with editor rights that could take advantage of this feature and would gain great efficiency . Making these users a Co-Owner will not work with our current permissions segregation.

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remember the folder location for your flow on folder picker component

Once you built your workflow, sometimes you want to doublecheck folder location for your flow.
    When folder structure is deep, the path is not visible on your flow, so you click the folder picker but it will navigate you to a root folder instead of the folder you selected.
    It will be helpful if it has an option to go to the selected folder location for the flow rather than root folder.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base