Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow default sorting to "Favorites" and created "Collections" so that they appear alphabetically.

If you have dozens or hundreds of folders in your "Favorites" and they are not sorted alphabetically, then it is nearly impossible to find your subject folder. Just make Favorites and Collections default sort alphabetically or give us the choice to set the default. Other people may want the last visited folder to be at the top, but still others may want to see it alphabetically. Please give us the option to do so as a default treatment.

52 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Web UI and custom logo

In the old UI, you could use any logo in the top left corner of the screen.

We've been given the answer that the only place we can set a logo is in the top right corner of the screen with the new UI.
    However, users are used to the logo being in the top left corner and would like to have the option to place it in the top left.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow bulk actions to be interrupted (such as copy/move/restore/delete)

When users copy / move / restore / delete a large number of items, we want them to be able to cancel if they notice a mistake along the way.
    Currently, when processing a large number of items in Box, we need to wait until the process is completed even if we notice a mistake.
    When processing large numbers of items, processing may require several days.
    During that time, folders and files are locked.
    Please make it possible to interrupt the process on the way.

51 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve reliability of email upload

Improve reliability of email upload

Email upload can sometimes get delayed. Most of the time upload is completed relatively soon, but sometimes it takes hours to complete. We want this feature to be more reliable and predictable.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Box is too blue

make it less blue

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update "Not Part of Company" Text to Look Like a Button

When you share a folder or document with a client who is not a part of your organization they receive an email, they then create a login, they are then sent to a page that says "Company uses your network username and password to login to Box. Continue to login to Box through your network." There is then a Continue button and then text that read "Not part of Company" All 66 of my clients have clicked on the button and not on the text because the text does not look click-able. It would be fantastic if that text could…

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back pagination

Please bring back pagination! I work with thousands of files and continuous scrolling makes it much harder to search for the last file I was working on. Pagination allows me to view a certain number of files on a page which helps so much when working with thousands of files of data.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification when someone is editing a file

Since we don't have an option to check-in/check-out of files, can you add a feature like Dropbox's badge which alerts a user when someone else is editing a file so we prevent any simultaneous version history/editing issues?

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re actively researching in this area right now, so I’d love to collect any additional feedback you might have on use cases. For example: are you primarily looking for this notification on Preview? The files list? And in which applications – Web? Box Drive? Box mobile applications?

Any additional information you provide will be much appreciated.

9. Enhance flexibility to expiration of Public Link

When a Public Link expires, the link is disable and not traceable. Often time endusers do not know what file/folder it was. Especially, when a receiver of the link was an external user like customer, we would like at least to identify which one it was internally. So I would like an option to automatically update Public Link to Company Link or Collaborator only link upon expiration.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Box Notes and Collections

The Box Notes interface, at the moment, only works with Favourites. It'll be great if you could choose a collection to put your Box Note into, directly from the Box Notes interface, as opposed to having to navigate to the Box folder where the note is, then select the collection.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. login page Customization

The login page is very confusing for our external collaborators. Despite the creation of "How to log on to Box" with pictures, external collaborators still click on the wrong link as the "Continue" button (for our managed users) is very large compare to the small font link for the external collaborators. The natural instinct is to click on "Continue" which gives the external collaborator an error since they are not part of the "managed users" and will not be able to SSO to our Box. Our staff is having to help our external customer on regular basis.
    Can the login…

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Currently, candidate users/groups that partially match the texts I entered are displayed in the ascending order.
    We want a way to get the user/group that perfectly matches the texts I entered displayed at the top.

For e.g., let's say we have the 4 groups each titled "Enterprise Sales team", "Commercial Sales team", "Online Sales team", "Sales team".

With current design, when I type "Sales team" in the textbox, candidate groups are returned in the below order (every group that contains "Sales team" is returned in an alphabetic order):
    Commercial Sales…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. completely lock function

We want completely lock function.
    When user is editing file, the other user cannot be opened its file.
    Therefore, user will decrease that they edit same file by mistake.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep Company Branding Banner with new Box Web Experience and Collections

One of the reasons I really like Box (enterprise version), was that my users felt like we were using a 'custom to our firm' cloud-product. The beta version of your new Box Web Experience and Collections removes the company branded banner across the top; instead leaving only our logo placed next to my profile picture in the corner. Doesn't look customized enough; instead I'm one of a thousand companies using it. The green side bar running down the left of the screen is too much - reminds me of an animated cartoon. When released, I hope the ability to keep…

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Only allow users to set shared link expiration up to the Enterprise setting limit

When setting up a shared link in Box, we want the user to be able to set the expiration up to the Enterprise setting, but not beyond the Enterprise setting.

A shared link with a shorter expiration time is more secure but less convenient. The security level varies depending on the content, so it would be desirable for users to be able to set an expiration date below the Enterprise setting.

Managed users set expiration dates beyond their Enterprise settings, allowing content to be accessed for unintended periods of time.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Behavior when searching for and specifying a user name by using the suggestion function in Japanese

If a user wants to email the user with a shared link URL or folder sharing when using Box, and then tries to search using the name of the Box account in Japanese, the cursor must be moved to another location after the first one has been specified. I would like you to eliminate this unnecessary cursor movement and make it possible to search by user name continuously.

corresponding operation in the box
    ① Click the "Send Shared Link" icon.
    ② Enter "山田" in Japanese ⇒ Several candidates appear.
    ③ Candidate confirmed.
    ④ Next, for example, enter "佐藤" ⇒ no…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. About the scope of expiration notice to co-owners.

Currently the expiration of the invited user to a folder is notified to the owner and co-owner of the folder,
    however, any co-owner cannot receive the expiration of the invitee of its child folder while owner receives all the expiration notification.

We would like to request to cascade the scope of co-owner's privilege to its child folders so that the co-owner of the parent folder can receive all the expiration notification of the descendant folders.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We want the history and recycle bin to be able to scroll infinitely.

Infinite scrolling is available when the number of files in "All files" exceeds 100, but the history and trash can still need to be moved by buttons.
    Therefore, I would like the history and trash can to have infinite scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improvement plans about privacy settings of folders

Are there any improvement plans below?

BoxNote is not available when a folder is set privacy - "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" - active.

OfficeOnline is not available when you set folder privacy - "Hide collaborators and their activities from non-owners" - active.

I often want to refer to Boxnote and MS Office documents for the purpose of reference much data and information with our business partners.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to rename your favorite folders.

We want the function to be able to change the name of my favorite folder.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base