Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Capture file name field needed at time of capture for custom file name entry

Capture automatically assigns a file name. I would like a toggle in settings, so I have the option to enter my own file name at time of capture. Example: when I take pictures of a receipt, I use a naming convention that includes the dollar amount and vendor for easy search in the future. Date/time is not important or helpful in this scenario.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. About the folder named "Capture Uploads" being forced to create in the "All Files" hierarchy

About the folder named "Capture Uploads" being forced to create in the "All Files" hierarchy
    phenomenon:
    When the user first uses continuous capture mode
    Box's design default settings force a folder named "Capture Upload" to be created in the "All Files" hierarchy, and even if the specified upload folder is changed in advance, "Here is this You do not have permission to create folders." is displayed.
    *According to our operational rules, it is necessary to restrict the creation and saving of folders directly under "All Files"

In order to eliminate the error message, it seems that it is necessary to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Box mobile UI

I am taking a photo from the box capture widget on my iPhone.
    The shutter button automatically moves to the center of the screen when transitioning to landscape mode.
    This is very inconvenient and I think it would be better to learn from the photo app and assign the volume button to the shutter release.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Box preview improvement requests

Location information can be added in the capture but cannot be confirmed in the application.
    Can't see it in Box preview either.
    This is a request for improvement so that it can be confirmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. File Request Button instead of a Link

when we send emails, we have enclosed a box link so people can directly send their documents by uploading the link.. Is there a way we can show it as a button instead of a long link?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update Thumbnail of Video

The fact I can't update the thumbnails of my videos is incredibly frustrating. I typically upload videos of interviews and Box always picks some thumbnail image of me with my mouth wide open or some other ludicrous face. Imagine trying to send your boss or the head of your research team a video link and it has a stupid picture of yourself on it? It's humiliating. Every other video uploading software I have used has the option to update thumbnails...currently I have to try and trim the video in places to see if it will pick another image which is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to draw on photo before sending captured photo to box, that would improve our ability to tag each photo with a specific location or

If we could draw on photo before sending captured photo to box, that would improve our ability to tag each photo with a specific location or title.
    In other words not having to use a whiteboard in each photo tagging it with info for that inspection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to increase the text size inside of Box Capture, in order to improve readability

Add option to increase the text size inside of Box Capture, in order to improve readability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need to be able to clip articles from the web and save into Box.

The web clipper would need to be able to have various methods of clipping (full page, article, snippet..etc) similar to OneNote, Evernote, Google Keep. The capture would also need to retain the web address, date/time of capture. If there are images within the article, those would need to be flattened so that the images are retained vs becoming red Xs in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want Capture to upload photos in landscape direction & be able to edit before upload

Would like to be able to edit a photo on capture before it uploads, for example, crop, flip direction, & add text. Similar to what you can do on Microsoft teams when you send a photo thru chat.
    We should also be able to take a photo in landscape mode and have it upload in that direction. Right now if I upload a landscape photo I have to open it on Box and flip it. It's very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Leverage QR codes & Capture to organize things that business physically must keep

Sometimes business legally have to keep a physical copy of a document fo so long. So while it may be scanned & added in box, it would be nice to know where the physical doc is. Using QR codes & leveraging capture, you could make a system where you can scan a box to see what is all in it or the inverse, search for the doc in box & then find out which box it is in. You could also pull in governance features to let you know when it is time to discard the physical copy.

The below…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?