Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manual pause syncing

Sometimes I want to reorder / organize / rename files before syncing.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

2. A snapshot of contents within a Box drive folder

Have you ever looked at a top-level Box folder and felt overwhelmed by the prospect of having to dig through and drill down to every sub-folder just to know what the contents are?

Do you get discouraged at the thought of looking for a single file that could possibly exist way down the rabbit hole of Box folders and sub-folders?

Would you rather have the ability to glance at a snapshot of an entire Box folder and all the sub-folders and files that exist within it?

A simple yet effective solution is a "tree directory" view. This is a feature…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are looking at how to improve content sprawl on Drive. We will be considering Collections as a possible path (among other options), but don’t have a change planned in the near-term.

6. Open file from UI Elements without approval

Ability to open a file from UI Elements Open With with Box Edit without being prompted to Approve/Deny to proceed.

Currently, every time a file is opened from UI Elements, Box Edit displays the prompt and asks the user to Approve/Deny before the user can start locally opening and editing the file. This adds friction to user experience, and we want the option to not display this prompt and auto-approve the file open from UI Elements

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When using BoxDrive, sometimes the folder or file actually exists, but the message "This folder is empty" is displayed.

When using BoxDrive, sometimes the folder or file actually exists, but the message "This folder is empty" is displayed.
    When opening a folder, I want you to incorporate the logic to judge whether it is empty and display "This folder is empty" or "Searching". If it says it's empty, you'll be checking Box.com. If it is displayed that it is being searched, a simple refresh is enough, such as transitioning to one parent folder and returning..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Marking Folders as "Move Locked" To Prevent Users From Moving Certain Folders Regardless Of Permissions

Our admins are constantly dealing with users who accidentally drag and drop folders into other folders. This can have a big impact across our org, especially when a high level folder that's shared across the company is moved. Here's a common use case:

We have a top level Projects folder. That folder contains a subfolder for every organization we do business with. Those Organization folders then contain subfolders for individual projects. We'd like to be able to mark the Organization level folders as Move Locked so that our users don't accidentally move folders from one Organization into another. This happens…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cache Box Drive

Refresh function in Box Drive

Currently, it is necessary to logout/login to clear the cache and errors, but this is troublesome.
    I would like to be able to do this with the touch of a button.
    This is expected to improve the efficiency of our business.

Box Driveのリフレッシュ機能

現状ではログアウト/ログインしてキャッシュやエラーをクリアする必要がありますが、これが面倒です。
    これをボタン一つでできるようにしてほしいです。
    これにより業務の効率化が期待できます。

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

In Box Drive v2.21, it is possible to enable the ability to automatically lock/unlock files when they are opened in Box Drive by modifying the registry.
    However, it is difficult for end users to modify the registry, so we would like to see Box Drive include the feature to automatically lock/unlock files, or provide a configuration tool (such as a batch file for registry modification) to modify the registry.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Folder colors

In Box it is not very easy to see what foders are shared externally. There are small globe icons on the collaborators, but if that list is too long, the external collaborator might not show up.

Apart from that: the list of collaborators is not visible in Box Drive.

Box should introduce a new Folder type (different color, different icon) to show that information in this folder is shared with external collaborators. This functionality should be available across all clients (Web, Drive, Mobile).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

13. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive for Mac

With Enhanced Locking on Box Drive now launched for Windows (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063653693-Box-Drive-v2-21-Release-Notes), it'll be great to have the same experience, i.e. opening a file will prompt the user to lock the file and auto-unlock the file when closing the file, for Mac users.

This way all users, no matter what OS they use, can have the same Enhanced Locking experience when working with files via Box Drive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Really need a better way for individuals to organize folders on their Box Drive

I see some ideas under consideration, and amazingly adding Collections to Box Drive is not one of them. Box Drive urgently needs a better way for individual users to organize contents without affecting the online heirachy for everyone else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me to stop Box Drive without hiding the Box contents

If I stop Box Drive (right click on the icon and choose exit), the Box folder disappears, even though I've marked all folders for available offline.

I sometimes am in a location with a very low data cap, and the costs for exceeding the quota are very steep. If I store a file in Box from another device, when my computer connects and Box Drive is running, then it will attempt to sync and download any files.

On my old Windows 10 computer, I didn't have this issue. The Box folder stayed around, and I could even add files to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adds the ability to hide the notifications that appear when you open an auto-locked file on a box drive for all tenant users.

Tenants that automatically lock files in Box Drive will be notified that when another user opens a file that is already open from Box Drive, the file will be locked and opened in read-only mode.
    Add the ability to hide this notification for the entire tenant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Box Problem Items" error dialog is useless

I received "file path is invalid on this system" errors from Box Drive through a "Box Problem Items" dialog. This window is useless! All it lists is the problem folder names. I can't simply rename the problem folder from this window; I can't click the folder icon and navigate to the problem folder in my file structure; I can't even swipe the file name and copy it into the search bar so I can find the problem folder on my own. Such a garbage error report! Please make this dialog actually useful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request to improve speed of renaming folders/files in Box Drive

■Request
    I would like you to speed up the process of renaming folders/files in Box Drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add a new way to change the maximum cache size of Box Drive without having to make a personal registry change.

In Box Drive, as described in the link below, Modifying the maximum cache limit requires a registry change.
    However, in many companies, end users do not have the skills or authority to modify the registry.

We would like you to work on a way to achieve this other than by changing the registry when modifying the maximum cache limit.

■Technical Information for Box Drive Administrators
     Modifying the maximum cache limit:
     https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043695894-Technical-Information-for-Box-Drive-Administrators

<Box Driveの最大キャッシュサイズを個人的なレジストリの変更なしに変更できる方法を追加してください。>

以下のリンクで説明されているように、キャッシュの最大制限を変更するにはレジストリの変更が必要です。
    しかし、多くの企業では、エンドユーザーにはレジストリを変更するスキルや権限がありません。

キャッシュの最大制限を変更時にレジストリを変更する以外の方法で実現できるように工夫していただきたいです。

■Box Drive管理者向け技術情報
     キャッシュ上限値の変更:
     https://support.box.com/hc/ja/articles/360043695894

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Applying classification labels in Box Drive.

When using Box Drive, classification labels are not visible in Windows Explorer.  Is there a way to apply classification labels without going to the web interface? 

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base