Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manual pause syncing

Sometimes I want to reorder / organize / rename files before syncing.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. We currently do not have this planned on our roadmap.

Please keep the feedback & use cases coming to help us prioritize this in the future!

2. A snapshot of contents within a Box drive folder

Have you ever looked at a top-level Box folder and felt overwhelmed by the prospect of having to dig through and drill down to every sub-folder just to know what the contents are?

Do you get discouraged at the thought of looking for a single file that could possibly exist way down the rabbit hole of Box folders and sub-folders?

Would you rather have the ability to glance at a snapshot of an entire Box folder and all the sub-folders and files that exist within it?

A simple yet effective solution is a "tree directory" view. This is a feature…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to force sync of Box Drive

Currently, Drive relies on event poll for updating cached contents, and if events (updates on web) are not picked up by Drive in a timely manner, then local contents get outdated (out of sync with web). As a workaround, we want the ability to force sync of a selected folder (maybe add a right click menu to force sync/refresh cache).

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display warning if a document is open

Display a warning similar to read-only if another team member has a file open. Currently this is not possible without code installed at the individual PC level and there is no solution with MAC (just confirmed with support). The conflicting versions can be frustrating for teams and the tiny lock icon is just not a large enough warning when opening from box drive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. UI enhancements to indicate moving/copying activity in progress

When moving/copying files and folders in BoxDrive, I want to be able to see visually that an operation is taking place.

Currently, BoxWeb displays a green dialog at the top of the screen when you move or copy files or folders,
    but However, BoxDrive has an explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears even when a move/copy is performed.

However, BoxDrive has an Explorer-like feel, so I don't think this kind of display appears when moving/copying is performed. or some other confirmation dialog. When an operation is performed, we would like to see a confirmation dialog…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We want to update the sync on the Box Drive in real time.

The data edited by myself on the Box Drive will be reflected, but I would like the synchronization to be updated in real time for data edited/saved by other users.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto lock/unlock for read-only file.

Currently, BoxDrive works with AutoLockUnlock=1 as below.

1. When we open a read-only settings(Windows OS file property), it is locked automatically.
    2. And then, when we close the file, the read-only setting is gone.

Please improve as below.

1. When we open a read-only settings(Windows OS file property), it is not locked automatically.
    2. And then, when we close the file, the read-only setting keeps.

Best,

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get separate (mapped) shared links for a large number of files under a shared folder

I am trying to generate separate shared links for a large number of files (1000+) under a folder, and map them to their original file name, so I can share these files separately.

But we can only do that either by the whole folder (not what we want), or by selecting files one by one (too time-consuming).

We hope there will be a function when you share a folder, we can also have the option to generate separate share links for each of the files under the folder, and a corresponding mapping file is generated automatically.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Updates on the lock functionality after Save as

I want the lock to come off properly after Save As.(BoxDrive)

If you save a file to a folder in Box Drive using "Save As" in the Office app and then close the app immediately, the newly created file will remain locked.
    If I close the app immediately, the newly created file will remain locked.
    The lock is not automatically removed when the application is closed.

After saving the file, other users are not able to edit the file, and this is interfering with my work. I would like to see this fixed.

名前をつけて保存後にロックが正常に外れるようにして欲しい(BoxDrive)

Officeアプリの「名前を付けて保存」でBox Driveのフォルダにファイルを保存し、
    すぐにアプリを閉じると、新しく作成されたファイルにロックが残ってしまいます。
    アプリを閉じても自動的には解除されません。
    保存後に他のユーザーがファイルを編集することが出来ず業務に支障をきたしているため
    修正をして欲しいです。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. My Collections on Box Drive

Just wondering you may develop 'My Collections' function on Box Drive.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are looking at how to improve content sprawl on Drive. We will be considering Collections as a possible path (among other options), but don’t have a change planned in the near-term.

12. Enhanced Locking Experience on Box Drive for Mac

With Enhanced Locking on Box Drive now launched for Windows (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063653693-Box-Drive-v2-21-Release-Notes), it'll be great to have the same experience, i.e. opening a file will prompt the user to lock the file and auto-unlock the file when closing the file, for Mac users.

This way all users, no matter what OS they use, can have the same Enhanced Locking experience when working with files via Box Drive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open file from UI Elements without approval

Ability to open a file from UI Elements Open With with Box Edit without being prompted to Approve/Deny to proceed.

Currently, every time a file is opened from UI Elements, Box Edit displays the prompt and asks the user to Approve/Deny before the user can start locally opening and editing the file. This adds friction to user experience, and we want the option to not display this prompt and auto-approve the file open from UI Elements

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

Add auto-lock/unlock feature in Box Drive or provide a configuration tool

In Box Drive v2.21, it is possible to enable the ability to automatically lock/unlock files when they are opened in Box Drive by modifying the registry.
    However, it is difficult for end users to modify the registry, so we would like to see Box Drive include the feature to automatically lock/unlock files, or provide a configuration tool (such as a batch file for registry modification) to modify the registry.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Marking Folders as "Move Locked" To Prevent Users From Moving Certain Folders Regardless Of Permissions

Our admins are constantly dealing with users who accidentally drag and drop folders into other folders. This can have a big impact across our org, especially when a high level folder that's shared across the company is moved. Here's a common use case:

We have a top level Projects folder. That folder contains a subfolder for every organization we do business with. Those Organization folders then contain subfolders for individual projects. We'd like to be able to mark the Organization level folders as Move Locked so that our users don't accidentally move folders from one Organization into another. This happens…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Box Drive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When using BoxDrive, sometimes the folder or file actually exists, but the message "This folder is empty" is displayed.

When using BoxDrive, sometimes the folder or file actually exists, but the message "This folder is empty" is displayed.
    When opening a folder, I want you to incorporate the logic to judge whether it is empty and display "This folder is empty" or "Searching". If it says it's empty, you'll be checking Box.com. If it is displayed that it is being searched, a simple refresh is enough, such as transitioning to one parent folder and returning..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add "disable for select users" as a Box Drive Mark for Offline option

A global Box customer is looking to disable MFO (Marking for Offline) for a selected users.
    This would be a "symmetrical" counter-option to the existing "enable for select users", and also similar to how some other features can be managed within Box Admin Console, making the MFO options more consistent with broader Box experience for admins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cache Box Drive

Refresh function in Box Drive

Currently, it is necessary to logout/login to clear the cache and errors, but this is troublesome.
    I would like to be able to do this with the touch of a button.
    This is expected to improve the efficiency of our business.

Box Driveのリフレッシュ機能

現状ではログアウト/ログインしてキャッシュやエラーをクリアする必要がありますが、これが面倒です。
    これをボタン一つでできるようにしてほしいです。
    これにより業務の効率化が期待できます。

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enhanced automatic locking of read-only files

Allow users to choose to lock or not lock the read-only configuration file instead of automatically locking it.

It also prevents the read-only attribute from being automatically released when auto-unlocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restore Box Drive behavior on MacOS when it mounted as an external hard drive with on-demand file streaming

Product: Box Drive Version 2.24.193 installed 2021-10-12 on MacOS 11.6

Newest release 2021-10-12 has removed the "external hard drive behavior" and on-demand file streaming feature (as illustrated in first 2 minutes of https://youtu.be/t7tPs1naUtY), which was THE reason I use Box. Now it behaves like OneDrive: (1) viewing Box file requires full download, (2) downloaded file remains on computer until manual removal, (3) dragging and dropping into Box folder literally moves file rather than copying file. These behaviors make life miserable and are the reasons I do not use OneDrive. Now Box has removed the sole reason I want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base