Enable option for non-Admins (e.g. folder owners) to be notified about Box Shield Threat Detection
Enable option for non-Admins to be notified about Box Shield Threat Detection.
E.g. Owner of folder is also notified. Today, only Co-Admins can get Box Shield Threat Detection notifications.
-
Anonymous
commented
We also hit this issue when trying integrate with pager duty. Creates more issues if a separate admin account is required just for this. Is there any update on this?
-
Anonymous
commented
Seems like poor security practice on Box to require an admin account for an email alert. Any org that uses an IT ticketing system should be able to send Shield alerts direct to the ticketing system without creating an admin account in Box
-
Anonymous
commented
nope, not the only one. being forced to have shield alerts only sent to co-admins is ridiculous especially for any org that has a case management system.
Or, we can create a co-admin just to be able to send email from, seems like poor security practice on Box to require a user account for a alert email -
Anonymous
commented
I would add the ability for other org emails as well as Slack webhooks to be added to the list. I want to export these events into other channels and I don't want to have to leverage my SIEM if I can get an email easy enough.
-
Anonymous
commented
Alternatively post Box Shield alerts to Slack channel.
-
AdminModerator
(@ Box, Box)
commented
It looks like I'm only able to notify users who are Shield co-admins whenever an alert is created. I would like to send alerts to a Pager Duty email address for email integration.
I would like to avoid creating a separate user for the purposes forwarding emails to pager duty. I would also like to avoid creating a forwarding rule on my own inbox.
Is it possible to send Shield alert notifications directly to non-user email addresses? If not, is this something the Box team is working on or can consider implementing?