Box LFO: Folder Locks, Unpredictable Delays, and No Status Visibility
Box’s LFO process is a serious platform limitation. It locks the folder without providing a clear status, progress indicator, or reliable completion estimate, leaving users in the dark.
I’ve spoken with several people at Box, and I still don’t have confidence that anyone has clearly explained how it works. Does the timing depend on the number of files or the total dataset size? Saying “it’s a combination” doesn’t help me predict whether an operation will take a minute or hours.
Why can’t this be immediate, or take at most a minute? In my experience, other platforms, such as SharePoint, don’t present the same issue.
I’d love to see Box fix this, but I’m not optimistic. This appears to be a fundamental platform design issue, and my conversations with Box haven’t given me confidence that there’s a clear path to resolving it.