Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Currently, candidate users/groups that partially match the texts I entered are displayed in the ascending order.

We want a way to get the user/group that perfectly matches the texts I entered displayed at the top.

For e.g., let's say we have the 4 groups each titled "Enterprise Sales team", "Commercial Sales team", "Online Sales team", "Sales team".

With current design, when I type "Sales team" in the textbox, candidate groups are returned in the below order (every group that contains "Sales team" is returned in an alphabetic order):
    Commercial Sales…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access Stats time reporting in Web App

For reporting purposes, would like the time stamp within Access Stats to show user activity on a file down to the second within in web app reporting (hr:min:sec). Currently, Access Stats give access time to the minute (hr:min).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it possible to change or remove multiple people's permissions on a folder all at hte same time. I

Currently, if you want to change or remove the permissions of collaborators, you need to do it individually, and it takes 3-5 clicks/person. It would be great if there was a checkbox and you could click or unclick those you wanted to remove from collaborating. Alternately, it would be even better if the the folder could be moved to an archive which would automatically remove permissions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug related to New Folders and Inputting Titles

Every time you create click create a new folder, the title input box pops up but you're only allowed to type for less than 1 second before you have to manually click back into the Folder Name text box.

I am using the Box website online and this issue didn't exist until Q4 2019 when I first noticed it. At that time, a user had to click the tab button to be able to type into the Folder Name text box after creating a new folder. The tab button no longer works as of today on Box.com meaning that a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When something is uploading I cannot see the last file on the list because the "Uploading Bar" is covering that up

Make it so that you can detach the upload box from the bottom and move it to the side, or have the Upload box be even more collapsible to a single small tab so that it doesn't get in the way like it does now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the Admin to Set File Request minimum requirements

Allow admins to require all File Requests globally to have certain fields (like email address or a pre-populated description Box with a legal disclaimer)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. need a setting to disable Recents Carousel

The new Recents Carousel (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052427834-New-Recents-Carousel-experience) shows thumbnails of sensitive files, exposing them to others when using box in an environment where other people can view the computer screen, and hiding the Recents section is only temporary for the current section, and will show again next time I log in. Suggestion: make a setting in Account Settings to turn off the Recents Carousel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Improve the sort order of candidate groups on invite modal

Currently, candidate users/groups that partially match the texts I entered are displayed in the ascending order.
    We want a way to get the user/group that perfectly matches the texts I entered displayed at the top.

For e.g., let's say we have the 4 groups each titled "Enterprise Sales team", "Commercial Sales team", "Online Sales team", "Sales team".

With current design, when I type "Sales team" in the textbox, candidate groups are returned in the below order (every group that contains "Sales team" is returned in an alphabetic order):
    Commercial Sales…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. completely lock function

We want completely lock function.
    When user is editing file, the other user cannot be opened its file.
    Therefore, user will decrease that they edit same file by mistake.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grid view for specific folders

Have owner/co-owners enforce grid view for specific folders for a better visual user experience

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Box sidebar root level folder filter

It would be very beneficial and time saving if there was a filter on the Box side that will give you a list of all root level folders in the entire enterprise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Recent button from Web portal

Let's say I watched private photos uploaded to Box.com. Next time I want to show someone some public photos using web version of Box.com under my account. I log in and - voila! - my private photos are visible under "Recent" now! No good. I suggest to optionally hide "Recent" from Home portal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Box web UI does not clarify whether download capability is available for a shared folder

When logged into the web app on both Firefox and Safari for macOS, I see options to open a particular shared folder file (PDF format) by opening it in Adobe Acrobat.

However, I later receive the error message "There was a problem completing your request. Please try again".

I'd strongly suggest against such generic error messages. It is possible that the opening of the file in this way does not succeed due to folder permissions. Perhaps I am not granted access to this folder or file to do anything other than view the document inline. The thing is, I do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Box Zendesk email links to ticket IDs redirect to generic page post authentication

Box Zendesk email links to ticket IDs redirect to generic page post authentication.

I receive an email from support at box ... (also referencing Zendesk in the email domain)

And within this email there is a link with label "this link".

Following the link in a session that begins free of any cookies and state (that is, a private browsing session), I am brought to a page to authenticate me - which is just fine.

However, post-authentication (or in the process), I'm brought to ageneric support page instead of the specific ticket ID. I'm brought to: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us

Also, on this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. number of downloads

We should be able to see the number of downloads each of our files has! this is a basic feature of most download sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. right click property not displaying properly

This is more of a bug than an idea. But there seems to be an issue when we right click on a file towards the top of the folder and part of the properties go underneath the browser toolbar. Hence we are unable to click on the first few options like open with, share etc. Could it be corrected by making any right click in the top half of the screen to force the properties to flow downwards instead of up and vice versa.

https://ibm.box.com/v/boxpropertieswindow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve preview window navigation

When checking previews in the Web app the Previous button continuously moves if you go between files that have single or multiple pages. With multiple-page files, a thumbnail pane appears which pushes the Previous arrow around making it a nuisance to preview files smoothly.
    Please put the thumbnail pane inside the preview area so the Previous button doesn't jump around. Also, it would be really nice to move between files with the left and right keys on the keyboard, wouldn't it?
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Uploading contract documents to our consultants and want them to View & Print. They can print only if I upload as Viewer & Download.

Uploading contract documents to our consultants and want them to View & Print. They can print only if I upload as Viewer & Download.. We don't want to upload as Viewer & Download. We don't want the consultant to download our document. ONLY VIEW & PRINT. Current this option is not there and if possible update the platform to View & print option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Behavior when searching for and specifying a user name by using the suggestion function in Japanese

If a user wants to email the user with a shared link URL or folder sharing when using Box, and then tries to search using the name of the Box account in Japanese, the cursor must be moved to another location after the first one has been specified. I would like you to eliminate this unnecessary cursor movement and make it possible to search by user name continuously.

corresponding operation in the box
    ① Click the "Send Shared Link" icon.
    ② Enter "山田" in Japanese ⇒ Several candidates appear.
    ③ Candidate confirmed.
    ④ Next, for example, enter "佐藤" ⇒ no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. About the scope of expiration notice to co-owners.

Currently the expiration of the invited user to a folder is notified to the owner and co-owner of the folder,
    however, any co-owner cannot receive the expiration of the invitee of its child folder while owner receives all the expiration notification.

We would like to request to cascade the scope of co-owner's privilege to its child folders so that the co-owner of the parent folder can receive all the expiration notification of the descendant folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base