Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Web interface improvements - New Folder creation

Two things:
    1) Within the Box Web App, allow for the creation of a New Folder and other features when you "right-click" within the view area. Google Drive already has this.

2) After clicking the "New" > "Folder", to create a new folder, a pop-up window appears. Please have the cursor automatically highlight the "Folder Name" field, so that you don't have to click within the text field first to type a name.

These UI improvements will help with the overall experience. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request about 'People in your company' for shared links

There is a permission called "People in your company" for shared links.
    When a link is set to "People in your company", it can be viewed by "People in your company" and "Invited people only".
    Some end users think this is confusing.

Please change the name of the item to "People in your company and Invited people only".

ご要望:
    共有リンクの「会社のユーザー」という権限があります。
    「会社のユーザー」権限を設定した共有リンクは、「会社のユーザー」と「招待されたユーザー」が閲覧可能です。
    これが紛らわしいというエンドユーザーがいます。

そのため、項目名を「会社のユーザーと招待されたユーザー」に変更して欲しいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. progress when move files

Similar to when Upload files to Box, show a progress bar when Move files within Box. This is particularly helpful when move over a large number of files and folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Folder color and icon customization

Current UI, it is not easy to recognize which folder is important in visually.
    If we can customize folder color and icon by importance, it is going to be easy to discriminate between folders and it is improve security.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. open preview in a new tab

Have the option to open a file or folder in a new browser tab in the web app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. lock reservation function

Currently, we cannot make a reservation to lock the file.
    Customer wants lock reservation function.

Example : If folder owner select lock date to 1/2, User can edit its file until 1/1. After 1/2, user will be not able to edit it.

Use case :If this function was implemented, user can create deadline to editing file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. customize download link

To be able to customize (adding my business name, color, etc.) the download link page/site that my clients are receiving after I email them a shared link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. login page Customization

The login page is very confusing for our external collaborators. Despite the creation of "How to log on to Box" with pictures, external collaborators still click on the wrong link as the "Continue" button (for our managed users) is very large compare to the small font link for the external collaborators. The natural instinct is to click on "Continue" which gives the external collaborator an error since they are not part of the "managed users" and will not be able to SSO to our Box. Our staff is having to help our external customer on regular basis.
    Can the login…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve web site usability

When I share image folder with someone who does not have account at Box.com - their browsing experience is currently poor: it's not possible to see all photos as previews, changing their size, not possible to use arrows / swipe to navigate between previous and next full-sized picture and so on... Web site usability needs to be greatly improved to match best cloud services on the market.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Box Notes and Collections

The Box Notes interface, at the moment, only works with Favourites. It'll be great if you could choose a collection to put your Box Note into, directly from the Box Notes interface, as opposed to having to navigate to the Box folder where the note is, then select the collection.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right clicking box folders to open a new tab

I would like to be able to open Box folders in a new tab by right-clicking that folder. Several years ago, when I first started using Box, I was able to do that, but for the last couple years that feature has disappeared.

I'm not referring to breadcrumbs. I understand those can be right-clicked and opened in a new tab. Instead, I'm referring to the folders I see before me when I log into Box.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New / Folder Modal Window on Web App - Fields Lose Focus

I'm a creature of habit and don't like change, so there are plenty of grumblings I could make about the new UI.

That being said, there's one thing that absolutely gets my goat, and I'm told that this is "expected behavior" in the new web UI.

When I click the upper right "new" then "folder" and the "lightbox" modal window appears to add information about my new folder, the old UI would focus the cursor in the naming field allowing me to just start typing.

In the new UI, this window loses focus after a short load of some small…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the UI so that the "Owner" is not displayed when changing the permissions of a sub-folder.

Improve the UI so that the "Owner" is not displayed when changing the permissions of a sub-folder.

In subfolders that have inherited access rights from the parent folder cannot change the owner to collaborators other than the co-owner.
    However, after selecting the folder, select the collaborator shown on the right side of the screen and try to change the access permissions, will visible "Owner" in the menu. And if select "Owner" in the menu, nothing works, which is not a good UI as it can cause confusion when changing access rights.
    If change the access permissions in the "Manage Collaborators"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Comparing Saved Versions

Box automatically saves versions of documents, but no one in my company can use this feature because there's no way to compare versions of these document (i.e. run redlines).

Example: If I share a Word document with a client and they make revisions, I can see a new version was saved but I have no idea what they changed.

The automatic version saving is an OK tool if I'm the only one using the document, but it's not effective for multiple drafters.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dark Mode Option

I think it would be nice to be able to either turn on a Dark Mode when I'm in a browser at Box.com or, have an option to select a different background color.
    Just one of those folk who have a time with bright white light ..

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. This is not currently planned for development. We will let you know if anything changes. Please continue to share your use cases in the comments.

16. Locked Files

It would be REALLY great if there were a way in Box to pull up all of the files you have locked. My team shares tons of excel files all day long. If I forget to unlock a file, no one else knows if they can get in. Half the time I'm not in it but forgot to unlock it. If there were a way to pull up all files at any given time in one place that I've locked where I could unlock them from that screen if I'm no longer in them, it would save us a lot…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix slow and unstable sync behavior

We all use the Web app in my workplace to upload and edit MS Word files. Recently, sometimes uploaded files are not visible to a person on another terminal. They appear about 5 to 10 minutes late which is detrimental in our business which has strict broadcasting deadlines.

Yesterday my colleague uploaded her file several times but I could not see it in the folder at home. When it finally appeared it was Ver.11! But I had not seen any of the uploaded versions until that point.

Syncing also seems to be unstable in Box Drive. I completely gave it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow non-admin users to export the access stats for enterprises that enables Restrict Content Creation

We would like to unlock the limitation mentioned in the below article and allow end users to a report of access stats by themselves.
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043696594-Tracking-User-Access-Stats-on-Files

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update Issues with creating new folder and naming folder.

With the new updates, when you create a new folder and the window pops up to name it, you have to click into the type box to name the folder. The typing cursor should just automatically be ready for you to type. It used to be this way until the last update. Messing up my workflow...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhance flexibility to expiration of Public Link

When a Public Link expires, the link is disable and not traceable. Often time endusers do not know what file/folder it was. Especially, when a receiver of the link was an external user like customer, we would like at least to identify which one it was internally. So I would like an option to automatically update Public Link to Company Link or Collaborator only link upon expiration.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base