Skip to content

Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

222 results found

1. Viewer does NOT see Download button in Context Menu ('...' menu) nor in Action Bar when multiple items are selected

.Given that Viewers have the ability to download watermarked files, the Download button should appear everywhere as normal. This ticket is to add the Download button in the following two locations for Viewers:
    * File list context menu ('...' menu)
    * Action bar when performing a multi-select

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Route files to a specific user via the embed widget

We would like to be able to pick what user content goes to with one widget.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  amin responded

I think this would be better addressed with platform elements. This way, you can build out the exact functionality you seek.

4. FTPS access for collaborators to a subfolder rather than through root level credentials

Use Case: Research studies using radiology images that come in large image sets from tools like MRI scanners which can have hundreds to thousands of images which make it impossible or impractical to use the web interface.

However, they are still external collaborators who should have the ability to send files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Users with View Uploader permissions should have the ability to edit folders they create

In this case, the viewer uploader is the owner of the sub folder they have created, but they cannot do anything to it once it is created.

Can it be filed to be reviewed or modified? If a person can create a folder, surely they can rename it, move files into it. If Box does not want the viewer uploader to be able to rename a folder or move items into it, do not allow viewer uploader the ability to create a sub folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Anonymous responded

Agreed that it is somewhat strange a viewer uploader can create a subfolder. I believe this was put in place, because creating a folder is somewhat like taking the upload action.

Sometimes, when many files are uploaded, it is cleaner to upload them all in one place, and so that is why the Viewer Uploader is granted this permission.

One particular odd consequence, is this person can now create a folder but not rename it (let’s say they made a typo).

This is not oft-requested and impacts a small minority of users. We can look at fixing this in the future with additional customer demand.

6. Shared Links - Ability to Have Multiple Shared Links per Item (Folder/File)

Currently, Box's shared link system is a 1:1 ratio between items (files/folders) and shared links, meaning there's 1 shared link per item.

However, there are various scenarios where users would like to have the ability to create multiple shared links per item, each link with different permissions, etc.

Example Use Case: For File A...
    --I want one 'people with the link' link with a password added and an auto-expiration set for 10 days from today so that I can share this link to time-sensitive content externally
    --I also want a persistent 'people in your company' link that my internal colleagues…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Audio watermarking

Either by a fingerprint, something one can't hear, but can be decoded. Or by inserting some spoken words (custom mp3) every 20-30 seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for one-off permissions changes to individuals in a group.

When inviting a group to a folder, we would like to have the ability to give a different permission to just a specific member within the group. Currently if a group is invited to a folder, all members will get the same permissions. Te only workaround is invite the indiv user separately. However, this is not an officially supported functionality of Box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Decouple the requirement for a SINGLE UNIQUE email address as a primary dependency for accessing the Box service.

Practical example: Slack allows the same email to appear in their system multiples times, accessing separate Enterprise/Team sites. See login here, which prompts for the unique URL for login.

https://slack.com/signin
    https://slack.com/get-started#find

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dataroom Indexing

Similar to other virtual dataroom software solutions, Box.com should be able to autoindex files. This is a very basic capability that other solutions like Egnyte, Firmex and Sharefile are able to do. The reason this is important is so that you can direct an external party to look for a file at a specific index/location such as 1.1.5.6.4. See below for FAQ with document indexing for Egnyte and Sharefile.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/20227299793037-Egnyte-Document-Room-FAQs#:~:text=In%20Egnyte%20Document%20Room%20files,from%20the%20Document%20Room%20Portal.

https://docs.sharefile.com/en-us/sharefile/sharefile-vdr/data-room-index

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. FTP - Root Level Access

When connecting to Box via FTP you are logged into a session that is specific to your user account even if you are the Box administrator. In standard FTP server administration practice you can set which directory a user is dumped into upon login. There should be an administrator level setting that can be enabled to choose at which level the Admin account gets logged into, in this case the FTP root.

Currently when logging into Box FTP via Admin account you are defaulted to \FTP.box.com\Users\Admin and do not have permissions to jump up a directory to \FTP.box.com\Users

You should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a new security level of "Restrict"

I understand the current security levels may once have reflected some technical details e.g. the permissions that might be assigned in a particular file system. However, this could be enhanced by a new security level ("Forbidden", "Excluded", "Restrict" or whatever makes sense) that is applied by exception.

A simple example:

Folder "News" has All Company as viewers.

Group "Contractors" are invited as "Restrict" access.

Whenever any user seeks access e.g. viewing the contents of the folder that contains folder "News", they will of course inherit the permissions from the parent, but before being allowed to see "News" Box first checks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The login page I land on does not have an SSO option.

There is no SSO login button on the login page that I land on when sent there from a SLACK link.
    Every login page, no matter how I am sent to it, should have identical functionality! Basic coding practice says a feature should be implemented once, and used everywhere. I need to login with SSO. I need the SSO login button on EVERY login page I may be presented.
    As a WORKAROUND, I need to remember I need to use SSO, then manually go to another random login page and use the SSO there to get a token .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Locating who/when files are Moved/Removed (accidentally or on purpose)

If a user moves/renames/removes files, the URLs shouldn't simply be dead links now. Please record information so that impacted users know When the file was moved/removed, and WHO did the action.
    I recently had Box Notes and Folders get moved or removed. And while I know who SHOULD have been the owner of the content, anyone else having problems finding the content wouldn't know who to contact.
    So if a box link was previously valid, and that content has moved or removed, leaving some breadcrumb for the user, about who to contact, when the content was moved/removed, etc, can help…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Progress Bar when uploading and restoring

Is there any progress bar or any visible information where we can know the progress of tasks being run? For example, I wanted to recover a 200gb folder. It took a long time to find the data that needed to be restored. This is a similar thing when uploading files onto Box onto the web app. There is a progress bar but when a user goes to a new page it disappears and it is still running in the background

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Same editing functions across BOX

Ability to use the same shortcuts both in file view and desktop view. Ability to modify tool bar and create custom shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate folder move and copy function

As far as i understand, the move and copy folder function in Box Web is combined from a role perspective. That means a user must have Co-Owner rights to move a folder but also to copy a folder. I agree that moving a folder means deleting the folder on the source location which may need elevated role. But copying a folder only needs read access on the source folder. So it would be great to separate these two functions and make the copy function available to users who have editor role on the target folder and have at least previewer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Movement between Tenant

Currently when you make a movement between a Box tenant, based on Folder and File, the behaviour is different.

Folder: it will be an error
    File: it will be moved without any message

I would like it to be error for Files movement and also copying too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Natively view .MP4 or other standard video files in Box

It would be nice to be able to view videos in standard video formats natively within box for team training and information purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base