Help shape the future of Box

Welcome to Box Pulse, our product feedback tool powered by UserVoice. Got an idea for how to improve Box? Share it with us and gather support or vote on other people's ideas. Your feedback is essential to informing roadmap decisions and shaping the future of our products. Thanks for joining our community!

See user guide here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. options dialog when moving and file already exists in destination

Currently, when a file is in the process of being moved from one folder to other and a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder, an error message is given and the operation is candelled.
    Maybe an options dialog would be better, asking the user if they want to overwrite (add a new version of) the file, or rename either of the files within the dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Approve each file separately for a manual start with multiple files

We want to approve each file separately for a manual start with multiple files.

For example, I get an application for three files and I want to turn back only one of them, but as it stands, I need to turn back all three. The applicant has to choose three files again and re-apply, which is very time-consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Assign Relay task to person who completed previous task.

If you create a task and assign it to multiple users, say Tom, Bill and Susan where only 1 person needs to complete it, I want to be able to automatically assign the subsequent task to the person that completed the preceding task. For example, if Susan is the person that completes task 1, I would want the subsequent task to be assigned to Susan only, eliminating Bill and Tom from the process.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Time based relay tasks

Support time based triggers in Relay. For example, 180 days after an item has been uploaded to a folder either delete the file or move it to another location.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. box relay shared link

Using Box Relay, create the following new outcome: Based on a metadata value when stored on on a file or folder, create and share a web link to the email address(es) in the metadata value, with specified collaboration.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add "remove collaborator" option as option in a Relay workflow

In the same vein as being able to Add a collaborator as part of a Relay workflow, it would be nice to also Remove a collaborator as well. Customer would like to Add a collaborator as part of a workflow, have that collaborator do their part, then have them removed as they no longer need access to the content going forward.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. relay assign workflow

When a user leaves the company, the admin (or the user) should be able to assign his workflows to someone else. So far, the admin can only deactivate a workflow. We have cases where the relay workflow has 46 steps and if the owner leaves the company, the job is lost. It is a waste of time. As well, folder problems should be highlighted if the user is replaced, thus allowing either the assignment of permissions to the folder(s) or the ability to switch to new folder(s).

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add enabling & changing Shared Link as an outcome for files/folders

For example, we have a situation where shared link is turned on the ahead of x days.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more detailed information to Relay workflow tracking

When viewing the tracking for an individual document progressing through a workflow, the task completion status is not granular enough to tell if any or no assignees have completed a task. For example: if there were four people required to approve a step, and three had approved, but the last person hadn't, this level of detail is only visible from the activity pane on the document, not from the tracking in Relay.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Box Relay Lite email notification

The current behavior of "Box Relay Lite" is that workflow creator gets the approval notification.

The The expectations from us is that a notification email of the approval result will be sent to the approval requester who uploaded the file to the specified folder.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Folder Event Workflow Relay Feature

Add Folder Event Workflow Relay feature. The current feature only supports File Event instead of Folder Event.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File Request Timestamp

File request duplicate timestamps:

When we upload files with same file name via the file request link, time stamp will be automatically added to end of the file name in UTC+0000.

We would like a way to select the timezone used to add the timestamp (maybe the timezone abbreviation can be specified at the end of the file name timestamp for when other collaborators view it)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow folders to be uploaded with File Request

File Request is a helpful feature, but often isn't useful as most external parties want to share folders (including sub folders) of documents with us. Can a feature be added to allow folders to be shared as part of File Request - perhaps renamed to Folder/File Request?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support multi-file for rejected task trigger in Relay

Suppose you like to assign an approval task to a person with multiple files and when the task is rejected, you like to move the package of those “rejected” files to a different folder("Rejected folder) instead of having them sat in the triggered folder.

For a single file, you can create the following workflow containing 2 flows and it works perfect as expected, however it doesn't work for multi-files...
    Flow 1: Trigger Manual start-> Outcome: Assign task -> When rejected, the flow is end
    Flow 2: Trigger Task -> Outcome: when the task is rejected, move the file to “Rejected…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications as a Relay workflow outcome

Add the ability to create a specific notification as an outcome/step in Relay.

I.E. "If step 2 of workflow is not complete after 5 days notify xyz person"

or

"once workflow is completed notify this group".

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember the folder location for your flow on folder picker component

Once you built your workflow, sometimes you want to doublecheck folder location for your flow.
    When folder structure is deep, the path is not visible on your flow, so you click the folder picker but it will navigate you to a root folder instead of the folder you selected.
    It will be helpful if it has an option to go to the selected folder location for the flow rather than root folder.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto overwrite if the file is uploaded with the same name in the folder via File Request.

In the current spec, the file with the same name in the folder is uploaded via File Request, the file name is automatically changed to containing date and time.
    I want the option to overwrite the file when it has the same name of existing files.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a Box group/alias or ability to select a different name to replace the workflow owner’s name.

I’ve created several Relay workflows across the business and the issue I found is that people are reaching out to me because my name is tied to a task that is assigned to them. Often times, I do not have any context to the workflow so it results in me having to reach out to the person who started/uploaded the document. We want to avoid approvers having to reach out to the workflow owner vs. the actual owner of the program. This process would not be sustainable if it were rolled out to a larger company.

Currently Example: Hayley creates…

41 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enhance page view for Relays in new UI

When accessing Relay in the new UI, not all Relay workflows incrementally load nor are there pages to navigate through to view all workflows. I would like the ability to see all relays on one or multiple pages without using text filters.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allowing further personal branding in the "File Request" link.

Currently only able to edit title and add a description but would be link to put company logo within link.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Box
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base